• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

Anyanka

AlphaSnake said:
Err...I play Tekken: DR on PSP on Normal and don't lose at all.

This game is insanely f*cking hard towards the end on Easy. What the hell?

I just put it on easy and didn't notice anything. Same weak AI as always.

mr_sockochris said:
At last! I'll download this in the morning when America is asleep, can't be bothered now.

Tell that to PAL regions...

Yeah, I know the PAL regions have it pretty rough. At least they're getting a good launch lineup. :)

I would make a US account (I have a number of friends living in the US), but I already have put money in my wallet for the game.

Big-E

CurseoftheGods said:
Yeah, I know the PAL regions have it pretty rough. At least they're getting a good launch lineup. :)

I would make a US account (I have a number of friends living in the US), but I already have put money in my wallet for the game.

Same here.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Anyanka said:
I just put it on easy and didn't notice anything. Same weak AI as always.

I was getting juggled like a motherf*ck at one point. It was driving me nuts. I lost to Jin 6 times. Just ran through with Bryan, and swept the game.

So weird.

Chris_C

Big-E said:

That was a well written review, but he's such a big fan of VF5 it's hard to believe. I do agree with him, though considering the platform it's on (PSN) I would have rated it a bit higher. I guess it begs the question, should PSN games be rated on the same scale as retail games? I mean can you really expect the same quality from a $60 AAA next-gen title and a $20 downloadable game?

I'm just asking the questions.

EDIT: Hopefully TDR performs well enough that other third parties take note and put up similar content.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chris_C said:
That was a well written review, but he's such a big fan of VF5 it's hard to believe. I do agree with him, though considering the platform it's on (PSN) I would have rated it a bit higher. I guess it begs the question, should PSN games be rated on the same scale as retail games? I mean can you really expect the same quality from a $60 AAA next-gen title and a $20 downloadable game?

Man it's like you read my mind. Everything in this post is exactly what I was thinking.

Varshes

CurseoftheGods said:

I'm pretty pissed off about all this, after getting everything else at the same time, why Canada would have a different store set up (aside from adding $1 to all the prices) is beyond me.

I was gonna try the US thing, but if I ever need to retreive it, I would have to go into the US account, I already have a dummy JPN account too, just don't like spreading these downloads across different accounts. Oh well, I guess I'll wait the few days (?) until it's available here.

Chris_C

Bad_Boy said:
Man it's like you read my mind. Everything in this post is exactly what I was thinking.

It's a bit difficult to answer, on the one hand you have the argument that a game like Pac-Man or Tetris is more fun than a game with much higher production values, but those kind of simple concept games have become increasingly difficult to come across. I'm really hoping that the power the PS3 offers developers married with the Sixaxis controller and EYE3 (really should have bundled that with the system) can create some really interesting gameplay.

I'm not usually an Eye toy kinda guy, but if they can do some of the things they hinted at in that EYE3 concept trailer with the Minority Report style control, digital make-up and costuming, and marry that with simple concept gameplay, I'll be all over the device. That was a long sentence. :p

EDIT: Also, I went off on a tangent!

Download didn't take long at all, only about 15 minutes. Now I wish it had online play!

arcader

Banned
got the game - was to tired to play after the 3 hour download :(

My only impression now - Its underwhelming after playing Virtua Fighter 5 - everything from looks to feel...

Big-E

Varshes said:
I'm pretty pissed off about all this, after getting everything else at the same time, why Canada would have a different store set up (aside from adding $1 to all the prices) is beyond me.

Didn't they add $2 dollars for Q-Bert? I think Tekken is going to be $25.

Z3F

Banned
Is anyone having download problems right now? I purchased TK5 an hour again and it's still only at 70%. Sucks that I have to wait so long to play my first PSN purchase.

Chris_C said:

EDIT: Hopefully TDR performs well enough that other third parties take note and put up similar content.

Bad_Boy said:

So now you guys know how it felt when Jeff Gerstmann reviewed VF5. :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chris_C said:
I'm not usually an Eye toy kinda guy, but if they can do some of the things they hinted at in that EYE3 concept trailer with the Minority Report style control, digital make-up and costuming, and marry that with simple concept gameplay, I'll be all over the device. That was a long sentence. :p
I'm with you on that as well. I never had a eyetoy, the games never interested me. But the HD aspects and the potential of the future eyetoy support is very interesting to me. I really want to see what things they come up with.

But yeah, enough about eyetoy and more about tekken.
Dragunov is just as awesome as I remember him. :D

CurseoftheGods said:
So now you guys know how it felt when Jeff Gerstmann reviewed VF5. :lol
haha

CO_Andy

Anyanka said:
No. Items cost less and you earn much more money per fight. I'd say it's actually too easy. You can fully customize your character in like, 30 fights.
Dling it this second! Spent far too much time in the original unlocking costumes, so this comes as a big relief.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think my biggest disconnect is that not every button = a move. Like some moves require three buttons but only two actions occur on screen. It's a big difference from VF, but in some ways it is easier to time. I am enjoying this.

On second thought, perhaps I am really bad.

I got an error message when during my download when it was almost complete. I am going to try it again. Anyone else see that? Does it download faster with my ethernet cable hooked up? I am downloading wirelessly.

Y2Kev

Anna's fifty hit bouncing combo is about to make me throw my controller through the screen.

For a PS2 game in 720p it looks great. Imagine if they put out MGS3, DMC3, ZOE2, Silent Hill 3, Okami, ect out like this at high res and on the harddrive. I'd buy them all again for 20 bucks a pop.

Y2Kev

Holy shit Jinpachi :lol

1) You can't see him cause he's got like heat blur around him
2) He has a fireball that you can't avoid (can you?) and it takes off half your health
3) He smells

I beat him cheaply. Jin's down+ p move ftw.

Big-E

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Holy shit Jinpachi :lol

1) You can't see him cause he's got like heat blur around him
2) He has a fireball that you can't avoid (can you?) and it takes off half your health
3) He smells

I beat him cheaply. Jin's down+ p move ftw.

He is pretty cheap but you just got to be carefull and look for the animation and then quickly strike him before he does it.

Anyanka

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Anna's fifty hit bouncing combo is about to make me throw my controller through the screen.

Everyone has juggles that take half your life. This is a game where one or two mistakes can cost you the round.

Sidestep Jinpachi's fireball.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Damn there's a lot of titty in this game...just sayin. It's become a bit much.

Z3F

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Damn there's a lot of titty in this game...just sayin. It's become a bit much.

Blasphemy. There's no such thing as too much titty. Btw, my download is still around 90% after 2 hours. It's really starting to get on my nerves. How long did it take you guys to get it?

The Jer

aarrrrgggggg!!!!!
Spent over 2 hours downloading - over 80 % done - and my internet goes out on me.
just got it back. I'm starting the download again.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ok, my download finally finished, and it's messing up on me. From the intro to the title screen, there's tons of evenly spaced green dots covering the screen, blocking out the picture. Then you pick your mode and fighters and it goes away. Then, the sound will lock up on a part of the background music, then no sound whatsoever.

Shutting down the PS3 gives me 3 beeps. 3 beeps I've never heard before. WTFux.

hey, how big of a diff are the slowdown from the HK versions compared the US version (i can't call it NA version, it's not even out here in Canada)

Z3F

Banned
Kintaro said:
Ok, my download finally finished, and it's messing up on me. From the intro to the title screen, there's tons of evenly spaced green dots covering the screen, blocking out the picture. Then you pick your mode and fighters and it goes away. Then, the sound will lock up on a part of the background music, then no sound whatsoever.

Shutting down the PS3 gives me 3 beeps. 3 beeps I've never heard before. WTFux.

That sounds like an overheating problem. I hope it just happened to be a weird bug. Good luck.

Kintaro

Z3F said:
That sounds like an overheating problem. I hope it just happened to be a weird bug. Good luck.

Maybe, I dunno. PS3 was on for awhile while it downloaded. I'll try again tomorrow. If it's a really, real problem, I'm going to be pissed.

Oneself

Canadian PSN store ****s up once again. I'm willing to pay 25$CAD for a HD port of a game I already bought twice (at full price on release day)... and I can't! Way to go.

Markman, I got another question, if you already have a game save for your HK Tekken, will your US Tekken still keep that save file? or do you have to start from scratch?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
gutter_trash said:
Markman, I got another question, if you already have a game save for your HK Tekken, will your US Tekken still keep that save file? or do you have to start from scratch?

Start from scratch.

Kintaro

Looks like it's just Tekken that's messed up. Resistance and VF5 plays fine, as does Motorstorm Demo and GT:HD. Guess I'll just redownload it in the morning.

I3rand0

Sure this was already posted but is there like a chart which explains the order of the ranks and how to get them? I've been 3rd Dan for quite some time now.

Top Bottom