• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 coming to PS4 and Xbox One

Gren

Guess this'll be the game to sell me a PS4. Never missed a Tekken if I could afford it.

Oh well, least I can stop beating around the bush & play those Japanese console exclusives & superior Koei ports.

My unofficial rule this gen has said that if companies don't give info on a game's year of release when they first announce it, it's two or so years away. I can see this being early 2017 to be honest.

I'm already getting antsy waiting for this and the home port of Dissidia! (which is probably also '17, just because SE's lineup for next year is insanely stacked as is)

Thankfully I'll have SFV + Capcom's continued post-launch updates, Pokken, and Revelator to pass the time.

Numb

My unofficial rule this gen has said that if companies don't give info on a game's year of release when they first announce it, it's two or so years away. I can see this being early 2017 to be honest.

I'm already getting antsy waiting for this and the home port of Dissidia! (which is probably also '17, just because SE's lineup for next year is insanely stacked as is)

Thankfully I'll have SFV + Capcom's continued post-launch updates, Pokken, and Revelator to pass the time.

This isn't your regular game either but Tekken.
Usual business combined with it already being out and availabe to public in some countries for a year sometimes 2.

Bgamer90

Banned

I could still see Tekken 7 being a 2016 game but I wouldn't outright disagree with what you said in terms of game announcements; A pretty decent rule to go by to not end up disappointed.

Also, Pokken is still set for Wii U in 2016? I'm looking forward to playing the game -- just a bit skeptical due to the NX.

Harada specifically says Revision + Expansion. Tekken 2 never had an expansion, just a rebalance/revision. Tekken 7 has also been getting balance patches, but no expansion yet. Tekken Tag Tournament 2's expansion did have a subtitle it went from this:

sddefault.jpg

to this:

1510c3e96ca5.jpg

Console version ignored it, as did Tekken 6 w/ Bloodline Rebellion, as will Tekken 7 whenever that update gets revealed.

EDIT: And whenever that expansion gets revealed, be prepared to wait quite a bit for the console release after. 2017 or at the earliest Holiday 2016 is the most probable outcome.
i was talking about tag 1, not tag 2. The console version didn't ignore them, they were based on those expansions but didn't adopt the subtitle.

Anyways, theoretically, if the console version releases next year and the expansion comes out after that, couldn't the Ps4 version just receive a software update some time down the road which would be that expansion? Instead of having the console version delayed?

Someone in this thread or another thread suggested that sony is publishing the Ps4 version to get it out quicker

I could still see Tekken 7 being a 2016 game but I wouldn't outright disagree with what you said in terms of game announcements; A pretty decent rule to go by to not end up disappointed.

Also, Pokken is still set for Wii U in 2016? I'm looking forward to playing the game -- just a bit skeptical due to the NX.

Last they said, Pokken was spring for the Wii U (likely in the late May slot taken by MK8 and Splatoon in previous years), so I think so. I wouldn't be surprised if an update or sequel comes to NX somewhere down the line though.

And yeah, I'm mostly just concerned because I feel like if it was 2016, they would have said so. I dunno, I'm just going off of SFV, Scalebound (announced in 2014 with no release timing, set for 2016), and I feel the same way about Detroit (which seems like early 2017 to me).

If it was 2016, that'd be fantastic though. Just another addition to an already-stacked lineup. Maybe an arcade update in spring and then a console port in autumn? Tag 2 and 6 were both brought to consoles in early autumn, so maybe the same thing'll happen here. I think this'll probably be out before Dissidia in any case, though.

i'm confused about something. when they said the Ps4 version is getting exclusive content, are they referring to just the VR support or is that separate & there's going to be something else in the home version in addition to that?

Banned
So they said it's coming to home consoles. Does that imply there's more than PS4 and XB1? #NX #Reaching

AAK

i was talking about tag 1, not tag 2. The console version didn't ignore them, they were based on those expansions but didn't adopt the subtitle.

Anyways, theoretically, if the console version releases next year and the expansion comes out after that, couldn't the Ps4 version just receive a software update some time down the road which would be that expansion? Instead of having the console version delayed?

Someone in this thread or another thread suggested that sony is publishing the Ps4 version to get it out quicker

Neither Tekken 2 or Tekken Tag 1 had expansions that had new mechanics, characters, or stages. Harada is clearly implying that Tekken 7 will be getting a big expansion just like bloodline rebellion and TTT2 Unlimited.

And you're free to expect Tekken 7 vanilla on consoles with the expansion to come as DLC later... But Namco has never operated with that business model before and I'm not going to give it a second thought.

Also, the Sony publishing Tekken 7 rumors & the beta are untrue. Don't waste your time on them. And also judging by Tekken 6 and TTT2 don't expect any major content exclusive to one console over the other. Could be some VR and Kinect gimmicks... I'm not gonna hold my breath for anything else.

Neither Tekken 2 or Tekken Tag 1 had expansions that had new mechanics, characters, or stages. Harada is clearly implying that Tekken 7 will be getting a big expansion just like bloodline rebellion and TTT2 Unlimited.

And you're free to expect Tekken 7 vanilla on consoles with the expansion to come as DLC later... But Namco has never operated with that business model before and I'm not going to give it a second thought.

Also, the Sony publishing Tekken 7 rumors & the beta are untrue. Don't waste your time on them. And also judging by Tekken 6 and TTT2 don't expect any major content exclusive to one console over the other. Could be some VR and Kinect gimmicks... I'm not gonna hold my breath for anything else.
it isn't a rumor, it was just a suggestion someone made in this thread. here's the post from page 5.

I know bandai namco's never operated like that before, but other companies have, so would it be unreasonable to believe they could do that? and then once the tekken 7:subtitle version is released they could also release that in retail as a more complete package at a higher price or something like that.

Top Bottom