• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 PC performance thread

thegh0sts

Neo Member
Hmm... the game defaults to borderless as the window mode but for some reason when I set it to full it there are some stages that will drop into the 40s in both the story campaign and in the practice mode. Switching back to borderless seems to have fixed the random drops and I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm assuming there's some bug that's causing these fps drops.

What's the best way to eliminate screen tearing without incurring input lag?

Borderless window mode. From Windows Vista and higher and Aero desktop enabled, borderless window mode has some form of effectively triple buffering (not sure on the technical details, but it's same effect).

dawid

Borderless window mode. From Windows Vista and higher and Aero desktop enabled, borderless window mode has some form of effectively triple buffering (not sure on the technical details, but it's same effect).

Borderless introduces wierd frameskipping on my machine on some stages. The same wierd effect that Fast Sync is known to be doing with games running at 60fps or lower.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could try Fastsync. It should have a similar effect to borderless windowed without the input lag hit that it incurs.

FastSync isn't really an option in this case due to the 60fps cap. It's recommended for instances where the framerate is at least twice the refresh rate; frame pacing suffers otherwise.

I posted a couple of days ago about a frame drop issue that I was having, fixed it and wanted to share.

This is how I fixed my random frame drop problem.

Uninstalled Geforce Experience
In Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, disable HID-compliant game controller. (If you uninstall it, it will reinstall on restart or whenever you replug your controller back in)
In RivaTunerStatisticsServer enable a 60 fps frame limit to Tekken 7

I am not sure you need to do all of those to fix it, but I did all of them at once so I can't tell which one specifically solved my fps issue.

didamangi

I posted a couple of days ago about a frame drop issue that I was having, fixed it and wanted to share.

This is how I fixed my random frame drop problem.

Uninstalled Geforce Experience
In Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, disable HID-compliant game controller. (If you uninstall it, it will reinstall on restart or whenever you replug your controller back in)
In RivaTunerStatisticsServer enable a 60 fps frame limit to Tekken 7

I am not sure you need to do all of those to fix it, but I did all of them at once so I can’t tell which one specifically solved my fps issue.

Do you use an arcade stick? A few hori arcade sticks can cause frame rate problems in this game. Someone in that thread also mention the possibility of steam ds4 driver conflicting with the game.

didamangi

Yeah, I use a old 360 TE stick but it would happen on it and also my hori and ds4 pads. Basically all input devices would cause it.

Did you enable xbox support on the controller configuration in steam big picture? Try disabling it if you do.

I've played the game with my old ps3 madcatz SFxTekken Fightstick or my wii u pro controller. No problems on either one.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
I have this terrible fps issue that's driving me insane.

When playing local versus game plays stable 60fps w/o drops, but when playing Arcade fps is all over the place no matter the settings (from low to ultra fps hovers ~40fps).

System is 2500k@4.2 + R9 290 Tri-X so at least should be 60fps at medium. I don't know what to do right now.

dawid

SuperÑ;240639556 said:

When playing local versus game plays stable 60fps w/o drops, but when playing Arcade fps is all over the place no matter the settings (from low to ultra fps hovers ~40fps).

System is 2500k@4.2 + R9 290 Tri-X so at least should be 60fps at medium. I don't know what to do right now.

Are you using Fullscreen mode? Borderless with vsync off causes wierd slowdown like choppyness on some stages.

SuperÑ;240639556 said:

Download Rivatuner/MSI Afterburner and activate the Rivatuner overlay. This way, we should know what cause the drops. We need to know if your CPU/GPU are running at full speed/full load.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Download Rivatuner/MSI Afterburner and activate the Rivatuner overlay. This way, we should know what cause the drops. We need to know if your CPU/GPU are running at full speed/full load.

There you go. Character intros are 60fps, but drops as soon as the fight starts.

CC1.png

6D8.png

0C3.png

Ash735

Don't know if anyone's posted this little edit either, but:
[TextureQuality@0]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16

[TextureQuality@1]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16

[TextureQuality@2]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16

[TextureQuality@3]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16

Increases texture filtering to 16xAF, it's a subtle improvement mainly in the background and flooring areas but no hit to performance really (and plus Xbox One X will be forcing this on games anyway), the default on maximum only goes up to 8xAF.

Yudoken

Don't know if anyone's posted this little edit either, but:

Increases texture filtering to 16xAF, it's a subtle improvement mainly in the background and flooring areas but no hit to performance really (and plus Xbox One X will be forcing this on games anyway), the default on maximum only goes up to 8xAF.

Hmm, I always have 16xAF forced with Nvidia for all of my games.
Does that not override the 8xAF setting?

Kysen

These random frame drops are really getting on my nerves. Always happens on hit effects. From 60fps to 40 for 2 secs sometimes freezes. GTX 1080 + 4770k.

Xyber

I have no idea what has happened to my game, but suddenly my PS4 controller isn't working properly. Every button except for left stick and D-pad works, so I can't play anymore. =/

360 controller works fine, but I sure as hell am not gonna play with that awful D-pad (or stick).

I can't find anything online about this happening for someone else. I have tried all kinds of settings in the Steam controller options and nothing is fixing it. Controller works fine in all other games as well.

Parsnip

I have no idea what has happened to my game, but suddenly my PS4 controller isn't working properly. Every button except for left stick and D-pad works, so I can't play anymore. =/

360 controller works fine, but I sure as hell am not gonna play with that awful D-pad (or stick).

I can't find anything online about this happening for someone else. I have tried all kinds of settings in the Steam controller options and nothing is fixing it. Controller works fine in all other games as well.

Are you on Steam beta? If yes, might be worth a shot to go back to stable.

Bydobob

Hmm... the game defaults to borderless as the window mode but for some reason when I set it to full it there are some stages that will drop into the 40s in both the story campaign and in the practice mode. Switching back to borderless seems to have fixed the random drops and I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm assuming there's some bug that's causing these fps drops.

Just wanted to thank you for indirectly fixing my performance problems. Basically, I'd been running this game fine at max settings 1440p/60fps until last night (GTX 1080/6700k). Suddenly, I was getting frame drops down to the high 40s with the bears on screen, and very occasionally minor dips elsewhere.

After trying all the usual fixes, google brought me to your post. Guess what? My game was outputting two images! When I switched to Borderless Window through the in-game settings, there was a 720p window of the game running identically on top of the full screen 1440p one. Exiting out and restarting brought everything back to normal and a perfect 60fps.

The source of this is resolution scaling. I'd done plenty of tinkering in the past between 150-200%, and like the rest of you, was baffled why the image quality looked no better and no performance impact. Changing the resolution back to 100%, as I did last night, seemed to trick the game into outputting two images linked with the last resolution scaling. The scaling is in reverse, but 1440 is 2 x 720, 200% being my last scaling.

Check the same thing isn't happening to you if you're having performance problems. Borderless Window will unmask it.

data

Does anyone know why my Tekken 7 suddenly only uses fullscreen windowed? I want it to be exclusive fullscreen but whenever I set it to that, it just goes in a smaller, borderless window. Even native res fullscreen is bordered.

How well can I run this game?

Geforce 970GTX
16gb ram
Intel i5-4670k haswell

Would I be able to play the game on everything highest with 60fps? I don't need MSAA, FXAA is enough for me.

Parsnip

Is the OP up to date on the necessary command lines you need to put into scalability.ini ?

I mean, necessary is a bit nebulous term when it comes to those tweaks.
But afaik they haven't patched in in-game options for any of the tweaks in OP, so it's probably up to date.

BossRush

So I have a Radeon RX 480 and an Intel i5-7600k and this game was running perfectly at ultra settings...until today. Now I get frame drops.

IbukiLordSA

I am looking for some advice, currently have an MSI GTX 960 2gb, I can run the game on high at 1080p 60fps however my screen keeps going black and I have to reboot my PC. After many days of troubleshooting I think it is the card that is giving me issues.

I don't need anything high range and I can get a Geforce GTX 1050 OC - 2048MB GDDR5 for a really good price. Will this card give me the same or better performance if I run on the same settings?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am looking for some advice, currently have an MSI GTX 960 2gb, I can run the game on high at 1080p 60fps however my screen keeps going black and I have to reboot my PC. After many days of troubleshooting I think it is the card that is giving me issues.

I don't need anything high range and I can get a Geforce GTX 1050 OC - 2048MB GDDR5 for a really good price. Will this card give me the same or better performance if I run on the same settings?

A 1050 is the perfect replacement if you're happy with 960-level performance. A stock 1050 and stock 960 perform practically identically.

Top Bottom