• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 X Idolmaster character costumes collaboration

I wonder if the male characters (other than Paul) will get some sort of similar set of costumes.

Also, still waiting on Miguel. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if the male characters (other than Paul) will get some sort of similar set of costumes.

Wasn't there an Idolm@ster game that focused on guys? Maybe they could draw inspiration from that?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

One thing I like about Tekken is that unlike the pandering trash that is DOA, in Tekken they are pretty equal in their treatment of genders. Didn't the guys get swimsuits or speedos or something in Tag 2? I assume all the major males will get something (Jin, Kazuya, Miguel, Paul etc.)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
One thing I like about Tekken is that unlike the pandering trash that is DOA, in Tekken they are pretty equal in their treatment of genders. Didn't the guys get swimsuits or speedos or something in Tag 2? I assume all the major males will get something (Jin, Kazuya, Miguel, Paul etc.)

Hmmmm
DOA5_FighterPack_Janlee.jpg

014921.jpg

DOA5_FighterPack_Rig.jpg

and the swimsuits on TTT2 were not pandering trash? PLS

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Harada. DUDE. I'm being serious with you for a second. As a friend, your Imus and moe obsession is getting WAY too out of hand man, i'm just saying. You might need some help with that guy.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hmmmm

and the swimsuits on TTT2 were not pandering trash? PLS

I mean... I know about those costumes (I played as Helena and Jann Lee until original 5 before giving up on the series) but you wouldn't even be able to post some of the female ones as they are NSFW, some of them are literally almost a string. Tekken has never gone to that extreme and unlike DOA doesn't treat one gender as an afterthought (like DOA does with the men).

Eek @ the gameplay in DOA being absolute trash. A rock-paper-scissor mess

Tekken >>>>> DOA

TTT2 did have swimsuits for all the dudes. They were sort of clumsily implemented, but they did make the effort. Hopefully they'll follow suit here.

I'm all for fanservice in games, as long as it's balanced.

mao2

s1jFHt3.jpg

※実際の製品では使用できません
Paul's Idolmaster costume is not usable in the real game; it was just a troll.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I played Tekken from the original in the arcades as a young person. Even when arcades went to hell we never cared for things such as this. I mean, DDR was big at the time, but Idol Master? I don't understand the western appeal? I'm not really big into Tekken's customization except the alternate costumes, but I just wonder how big is this game to begin with to have it be so important to Harada?

Things have surely changed. I liked the original casts costumes and their alternatives for 2P, but some of it has turned it into a circus.

I don't know if the same people are playing Tekken when I was a kid because that was back before 3 was even out. I don't understand it.

Paul Phoenix doesn't seem like the type. He's more like a biker/martial artist. Not some DOA type.

mao2

I mean... I know about those costumes (I played as Helena and Jann Lee until original 5 before giving up on the series) but you wouldn't even be able to post some of the female ones as they are NSFW, some of them are literally almost a string. Tekken has never gone to that extreme and unlike DOA doesn't treat one gender as an afterthought (like DOA does with the men).

Eek @ the gameplay in DOA being absolute trash. A rock-paper-scissor mess

Tekken >>>>> DOA
LOL have you not seen Heihachi and Kazuya's loincloth or whatever that is in Tekken Tag Tournament 2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2a8Y09sqGQ

Hey maybe if you keep bugging Harada on Twitter, he'll cave in and give the guys Idolmaster costumes too. :p
I actually don't care about/want Idolmaster costumes specifically, just a cool/sexy set of outfits for the guys that all match.

But teasing Paul in the getup was cruel. He looks so happy. D:

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
s1jFHt3.jpg

Harada...

0/10

I played Tekken from the original in the arcades as a young person. Even when arcades went to hell we never cared for things such as this. I mean, DDR was big at the time, but Idol Master? I don't understand the western appeal? I'm not really big into Tekken's customization except the alternate costumes, but I just wonder how big is this game to begin with to have it be so important to Harada?

It strikes me as Harada kind of pandering to himself to be honest. It's really random and won't hold a very wide appeal.

s1jFHt3.jpg

I think you're reading that wrong. At the start of the video it shows the girls with Paul's silhouette being hinted as a new guest idol from Tekken 7 (see image in OP) but then it says that's not right and shows idol costumes for Tekken characters.

Dereck

So he'll put in Idolmaster costumes, but not any unique 2 player costumes? Or, costumes from previous games? I'm smelling some bullshit sir.

mao2

I think you're reading that wrong. At the start of the video it shows the girls with Paul's silhouette being hinted as a new guest idol from Tekken 7 (see image in OP) but then it says that's not right and shows idol costumes for Tekken characters.
Ahh perhaps you're right. The disclaimer could be for Idolmaster, not Tekken 7.

Astarte

Love Live ain't shit compared to iM@S. There, I said it! :p

We need to tweet Harada asking to swap out Haruka's costume for Asuka with Makoto's. Much more fitting to her character.

This is why we need a crossover fighting game. I wish to suplex Nico with Yayoi.

Top Bottom