• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 X Idolmaster character costumes collaboration

Sayah

You know what? It looks pretty good but none of it actually impresses me. I think that in my mind I was expecting a bigger jump in visuals in these 3d fighters because we got things like The order 1886 etc. I didn't of course expect those kinds of visuals in a fighter that has to run at steady 60fps but I was so sure that a true next-gen tekken or soul calibur would look absolutely stunning. Propably my fault with my expectations. It's not a huge deal because it doesn't look "bad".

I think people's expectations are just too high these days with fighters. As you said, they have to maintain 60fps at all times so it's not proper to compare it to other genres like the Order 1886.

Tekken 7 is accomplishing a lot with that limitation in place and I honestly don't think there's any other fighter looking better than this right now.
I hadn't noticed before that Tekken 7 doesn't have the pretty per-object motion blur of the PS3 games.

Anyway, it just looks all right. SFV definitely looks better, particularly the characters, and especially in motion, even with its unfinished backgrounds.

I put Tekken 7 over SFV because it's accomplishing a lot more, has more vast 3D arenas with multiple levels, and particularly better hit effects. The stage design in Tekken 7 is miles ahead of SFV. I don't think that's something that needs to be argued.

SFV looks really great, no doubt but the main thing that it has going for it is the character models. The stages (especially the recent ones revealed) have very rough textures and I'm not a fan at all of the recent Ken model and his play-doh banana hair. Tekken 7 has similar faults with some of the characters. Katarina's hair clips like crazy especially during the pre-stage cinematic on Stage 4 with Heihachi. But overall, I edge it out to Tekken 7.

I'm gonna play the SFV beta today and I've already played Tekken 7. Maybe that will allow me to make a finalized and more proper judgment. We'll see.

Top Bottom