• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7's Harada: Cross Play Unlikely (cites First Party Policies and PC Hacks)

AAK

I believe the "First Party Policies" comment is the reason behind no PS4-XB1 cross play. And the "PC Hacks" argument is the reason behind no PS4-PC & XB1-PC cross play.

First one I can understand. Second one is grade A tomfoolery. Just give people on the console the option to choose whether they want PC players included in the pool of Ranked fighters they can fight or not.

Harada makes bad excuses pretty often when it comes to certain things.

The team said certain characters weren't too popular in Tag 2 despite Kunimitsu and Jun being top ten in their own data for home consoles.

This isn't too surprising lol.

BigEmil

I have yet to see it though.

Not at all, same for Rocket League.

Just because you got lucky and didn't face hackers does not mean they don't exist. I have run into some hackers on SFV alone whether it's the usual hacks or macros/scripts cheaters

MUnited83

For you.
1st party policies I can understand, but citing cheating as a reason not to include a mode is cheap. Fix it, do something about it, but not adding a mode because of that is odd. Cheaters are not binded with one mode.
Its not even the actual cheating itself, just the reputation.

Just because you got lucky and didn't face hackers does not mean they don't exist. I have run into some hackers on SFV alone whether it's the usual hacks or macros/scripts cheaters

It's not about luck. I also didn't said they don't exist, I said it's far from being widespread and only a small minority. Most of the time when people complains about cheat is just because they can't handle the fact that they lost.
By the way, you also can have macros on console:
http://cronusmax.com/macro-programming/

Swarna

The most prolific cheater in SFV plays on PS4.

Cheating in SFV in general pretty much has nothing to do with the actual matches being played, either.

This is a mistake but then again this is what I expect of Japanese fighting game developers at this point. FG apologists will go on and on about how fighting games aren't accessible while the people making them have no clue on how to expand and maintain a healthy player base for the long-term.

joeblow

The most disappointing fact about Harada's position is that Namco's last Tekken release on console is the hacker/cheater infected Tekken Revolution... a PS3 exclusive.

Though it is rare, you will come across someone with stats that far exceed the maximum that can't be damaged and kill you with a single punch. There are also disconnect and lag cheaters galore, and Namco never lifted a finger to address the problem.

Harada, at least fix the non-cross play garbage people are capable of doing to ruin the experience before griping about cross play issues.

Sou Da

They sure as fuck aren't "common" and letting the few bad apples spoil it for everyone else is stupid no matter how you cut it.

TGMIII

A friend of mine is ranked 68th right now on the SFV rankings, was in the top 10 during the launch months, and hasn't spoken to me once about "hackers" and it's safe to say he's played thousands of matches. Did you go back and watch replays of the supposed scripters or are you blaming loses on a boogyman?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the ability to use macros isn't easier on PC or denying that in general cheating is typically more prevalent on PC but the hyperbole around cheating on PC never seems to die down, especially when it comes to cheating on something like a fighting game which is incredibly hard to do compared to a genre like FPS.

Is there rampant cheating on PC with SF5 and KI?

Some cunts on PC SFV use borderless hack online play, which IMO wouldn't be an issue if Capcom would sync the netcode but whatever, the other hacks are in game currency to buy DLC items for free...

PC botting too, the bot mimics all your movement...

Some cunts on PC SFV use borderless hack online play, which IMO wouldn't be an issue if Capcom would sync the netcode but whatever, the other hacks are in game currency to buy DLC items for free...

PC botting too, the bot mimics all your movement...

You mean the thing that can be made easily on PS4 as well?

The cross play dream is dead. Why can't Sony and Microsoft get along???

It's Sony. And there will be people on this site that will be happy no crossplay is happening with games.

I believe the "First Party Policies" comment is the reason behind no PS4-XB1 cross play. And the "PC Hacks" argument is the reason behind no PS4-PC & XB1-PC cross play.

First one I can understand. Second one is grade A tomfoolery. Just give people on the console the option to choose whether they want PC players included in the pool of Ranked fighters they can fight or not.

I bet you if Tekken 7 was in the Windows Store there would be xplay.

jett

D-Member
Not having crossplay between consoles and PC would be a disaster. They REALLY need to review their options.

AlucardGV

Banned
It's Sony. And there will be people on this site that will be happy no crossplay is happening with games.

you think it's just a matter of yes or no? because it's easy to put the ball in others court, but squareenix got to talk with MS about crossplay for ff14 and the result was "they don't really get how it works"

PC version will be dead after a week.

I'm getting the PC version day one and I know this to be true. I got at least one buddy I know I can play with so I don't care that much, but it really blows to not have crossplay for a game that relies on a community to thrive.

LowParry

Ugh. I mean at least let PC players play against XBO or PS4. I really wanted to get this on PC but not entirely sure how the PC community will hold with this game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Expected. Sony were not going to agree to crossplaying with Xbox period.

If it had only been PC and PS4, i'm sure it would have already been approved by them.

AAK

Expected. Sony were not going to agree to crossplaying with Xbox period.

If it had only been PC and PS4, i'm sure it would have already been approved by them.

I think the wording heavily implies that the technology is there to do PC - console cross play but Namco isn't interested because of the PC exploit bogeymen.

RM8

So I basically only play fighters online, PC has been my platform since like 2011, and I have yet to encounter a cheater in any fighting game. What do I win?

thelastword

Banned
Thanks to Flying Wonkey for the Translation

Original Tweet:

BtEG5GK.png
I definitely understand and agree, PC gamers have prevented many leaderboards from being legit. So many people had 1 million Battle points in USF4 on PC........

Allowing PC gamers to play with console players has it's own set of problems. A guy disables vsync in SFV and he can react to whiffs much faster as there's less input lag. A guy can play you with a crappy PC at 45 fps and there's no way you can determine that, you will just have a bad match. PC guys will cheat their way to buying costumes, stages and characters, whilst you struggle on your console to achieve them legitimately.

On console, everybody is playing the same game, the only barrier that prevents a good match is whether one has a good connection or not. I think PC brings too many issues into the mix at the detriment of console players, so it's best you just lock them out of crossplay, unless measures are in place that regulates things. Like seeing the quality of an opponent PC, is he hitting 60fps? should be the minimum standard, ability to opt out of the match if he does not. They could activate a loop where if the PC player has vsync disabled, he cannot play online against a PS4 user, in essence things that make the matches a level playing field.

Top Bottom