• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7's Harada: Cross Play Unlikely (cites First Party Policies and PC Hacks)

Hyun Sai

Yeah, Harada didn't call anybody a cheater, he was talking about the "reputation", and given this thread, he can rest his case lol.

Skilletor

sFV has been hacked to the brim here. I'm in Australian and consistently get matched with other Australians and the Asian countries north of us and those guys have a range of hacks including unlimited hp, autoblock, unlimited super meter and the one time I ran into a zangief with unlimited health and a spin animation that never ended so he would just slowly move towards me.

It's pretty shit I have no issues with KI or Guilty Gear on PC though. Just SFV

Going to need to see receipts on those claims.

SarusGray

The tekken community has always been primarily arcade and console. Going to be interesting see how long the community last on PC versus consolws with no crossplay.

Going to need to see receipts on those claims.

I mean I don't have the recording equipment and searching SFV hack just brings up nude mods. You'd have to be head in the sand to not know that bots and macros are around and looming. I sometimes get matched up with players north of Australia and Russia and there are hacks present maybe once in every 50 matches.

A somewhat older example is this video from Max showing a Macro bot whose win streak doesn't reset after losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os48KpNuDww

I'm not sure what Capcom has done to prevent this sort of stuff but their recent anti-cheat has failed, like most anti-cheats do. The game needs to do a integrity check each time it launches.

Well that sucks though I understand the reason, PC hacks are common especially for fighting games like SFV.

Not in the sense that Harada is implying. No hacks are extant that give PC players an unfair competitive advantage (e.g. Unlimited HP, etc). The concern here is quite clearly that PC players will use trainers to unlock skins/colours, etc.

I mean I don't have the recording equipment and searching SFV hack just brings up nude mods. You'd have to be head in the sand to not know that bots and macros are around and looming. I sometimes get matched up with players north of Australia and Russia and there are hacks present maybe once in every 50 matches.

A somewhat older example is this video from Max showing a Macro bot whose win streak doesn't reset after losing.

I'm not sure what Capcom has done to prevent this sort of stuff but their recent anti-cheat has failed, like most anti-cheats do. The game needs to do a integrity check each time it launches.

The Tool assisted bot was active on the console version of SF4 too, as far as I remember.

LordRaptor

The activity charts, not the sales charts.

The PC most played chart has games older than 3 years old on it because the PC didn't forcibly reset everybodys software libraries to sell new hardware.
Even so, I guarantee you Minecraft, last years CoD and last years FIFA + Madden are on the activity charts for both PS4 and X1 if they were ever released.

Given the numbers involved, I wouldn't be surprised if the "real" PSN and XBL charts were full of 360 and PS3 titles.

"PC bangs are huge.

Tekken in arcades also very popular.

Those two are not related I don't think tho."

Yeah, Korea still has a strong arcade scene and Tekken is extremely popular. Therefore, if someone wanted to play Tekken, they'd probably rather go to an arcade (and play with players they know/can speak and interact with) rather than going to a PC bang and playing online. Especially at places where some of the best players in the world gather like Green Arcade.

There's enough that I stopped playing on steam and moved to playing in my PS4 w/PS4 only selected.

Can you post some videos? Haven't personally seen any yet besides Urien being used early, and it would be easy to watch them with fight replays on CFN. Not calling you a liar, but it's too easy to provide proof now.

The Tool assisted bot was active on the console version of SF4 too, as far as I remember.

Yup.

hvvxzJd.png

In SFV, you can choose to only play against people using the same platform as you, or both platforms. No reason they can't implement the same thing.

Yudoken

There's enough that I stopped playing on steam and moved to playing in my PS4 w/PS4 only selected.

What rank are you playing?
Because ragequitting is not cheating and most people don't understand that there is really only a few bunch of people who messed around with "cheats" (not uploading a loss or place them on top of the leaderboards).

I'm currently Gold and had many ragequitters (and bad connections) on both platforms and I'm pretty sure nobody actually cheated.

The one round survival mod is not really a bog thing, people wanted to get colors and FM which are not obtainable by any realistic time (and skill).

And guess what happened with the new patch on both platforms?
If you finish survival on e.g. normal successfully you still can't get FM and colors legit (occasionally).
On reddit there are multiple people having this problem (including me).
Did Urien normal survival and got nothing. =/
I got the rewards for easy and even normal is pretty exhausting especially if you did it once.

As I said before, if you treat your players terribly, don't communicate with them and your game is holed like Swiss cheese people will of course use stuff like 1 round survival mods.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity.

Fighting games are still relatively small, online population wise. Combining all the player pools would help people get matched with people of similar skill

Oh well. Wonder which company is blocking thisv

Skilletor

Yes, I'm aware of the bots. I was questioning infinite life and super meter. Never seen anything like that in my hundreds of hours playing, and haven't seen any videos of it either.

Honestly, saying "bots" (plural) might even be overstating it. There's Tool-assisted, who is infamous and has been since SF4. But I'm not really aware of anyone *besides* tool-assisted.

s-bojan

Banned
Edit: ehhh. I see others jumping on this as well. Frankly, I think you're exaggerating or even lying. People post videos just to cope with getting rage quitted on. Same goes for using Urien early. Or encountering tool_assisted, which isn't even specific to SFV or PC. If there were people with unlimited life online there'd be videos about it, and probably three threads bitching about SFV from various angles over it.

I've played since launch and never saw anything like that. Claims like that are really dangerous and could easily lead to more people not wanting to play against pc crowd.

ArjanN

Yes, I'm aware of the bots. I was questioning infinite life and super meter. Never seen anything like that in my hundreds of hours playing, and haven't seen any videos of it either.

Yeah, those don't work because the game just detects the disparity between the two players life/super meter and desyncs.

"PC bangs are huge.

Tekken in arcades also very popular.

Those two are not related I don't think tho."

Yeah, Korea still has a strong arcade scene and Tekken is extremely popular. Therefore, if someone wanted to play Tekken, they'd probably rather go to an arcade (and play with players they know/can speak and interact with) rather than going to a PC bang and playing online. Especially at places where some of the best players in the world gather like Green Arcade.

Please tell me this game will have local multiplayer on PC?

I know it will but I just want to make sure lol.

Top Bottom