• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 - Marshall Law gameplay trailer 🔥

He's fighting in Shao Kahn's arena from Mortal Kombat 2011?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

He looks great and nice to have a new voice, dunno how to feel about Nuckucks usages but at least i know my little nephew will like those lol, T4 Law tho is still his best design and voice imo tho but he still looks great in T8 Dunno how to feel about the announcer tho, it gets weirder and weirder tbh

Fuz

Banned
All those slowdowns, camera movements and effects looks cool for a trailer but they're crap for actual gameplay.

nikos

Street Fighter has always been my favorite fighting game, but Tekken 8 looks more Tekken than Street Fighter 6 looks Street Fighter. It doesn't seem to be riddled with systems and bullshit, at least not from the previews so far.

Looking forward to trying this out, maybe even learning it.

MayauMiao

Marshall looks a bit too thick for a Bruce Lee type of fighter IMO. Game looks great, and the hit effects makes you really feel the impact of the hits.

Good year for fighting games.

CGNoire

Lets face it the skin shading and the material quality in this is awefull.

Polygon counts pretty high and the muscle flex used a full flipbook normal map and didnt just rely on lerping between 2 single states so theres that. :/

The (woman) announcer is just for trailers as far as I know, to hype it up. Some people don't like her, me included.

Law looks too thick. Also what's with the MK bs? Did MK trademark arenas like that?

VN1X

Banned
Lets face it the skin shading and the material quality in this is awefull.

Polygon counts pretty high and the muscle flex used a full flipbook normal map and didnt just rely on lerping between 2 single states so theres that. :/
Thank you. This is exactly my issue with the visuals. Also, is it me or do the stages look like ass? Way too big and empty at that?

I'm sure it will be well received among fighting game enthusiasts but as an outsider it looks kind of rough.

CGNoire

Thank you. This is exactly my issue with the visuals. Also, is it me or do the stages look like ass? Way too big and empty at that?

I'm sure it will be well received among fighting game enthusiasts but as an outsider it looks kind of rough.
Yep I agree.
Also fighting game entusiasts have had low graphics standards for awhile now. The last game that looked like it should was Tekken 5 and that was around 15+ years ago. Outside of cellshaded ones like Xrd all the usual suspects have looked generations behind with the only modern tech flexing really being the polygon count alone.

Those stupid flip kicks:

flipkicklawtekken8.gif

Bruce Lee did it once in a movie to free himself because his opponent grabbed his leg.
It's very un-Bruce Lee to use flip kicks as an attack.

Fei Long is better.

Mr.Phoenix

MaaaAAARRRrrrsshHHHAALLLLL LLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW.

And yeah what's with the Mortal Kombat 9 backgrounds?
So MK has a patent on sandy colosseum type arenas?
If I ever play this, Im switching to Japanese. That announcer is fucking cancer cringe.
Sorry to break it to you, but this IS the Japanese announcer.

personally love the announcer, truth be told I am loving a ton about this game, the things people are noticing and even complaining about, just tells me they are doing a lot right. The one word that comes to me with this game, is emotion and expression.... oops, that's two words.

The more I see of this game, the less excited am getting for SF6. And regardless of all the stuff people have been saying about my man Paul, his has been the most watched and talked about trailer so far.

Yep I agree.
Also fighting game entusiasts have had low graphics standards for awhile now. The last game that looked like it should was Tekken 5 and that was around 15+ years ago. Outside of cellshaded ones like Xrd all the usual suspects have looked generations behind with the only modern tech flexing really being the polygon count alone.
I am just going to disagree with everything you just said thank you very much.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
March Climber March Climber

This isn’t what I was asking if you. Let’s be earnest here. Assuming you’ve played prior Tekken games, you could easily answer my question. I’ll make it easy for you:

Like SF6 is doing?

Do you want a more involved tutorial system?

Do you want new cast members?

Do you want a complete change in mechanics like Tekken 4?

Or more projectile based gameplay like guest character Akuma?

Do you want more guest characters?

All I ask is that you throw the thread a tiny bone so that we can have a decent conversation, instead of a thread that will vanish within 24 hours.

Do you want a separate single player campaign? < that would be dope

Do you want mini games like the older Tekkens? < nah not needed but Tekken Force mode yes

Do you want an MK-like crypt mode? < No I like their setup customization wise

Do you want a tag system? > Fuck yes give me TTT3, or a Steam version of TTT2 please. I want my Bruce/Kunimitsu combo

Some new characters are surely coming, but I hope for returning characters as well. Just maybe some new type of gameplay mechanic, or more involving stages. Hell Dead or Alive 5 did stages better than Tekken 7 does.

Like look at this beautiful stuff: Ultimates and stage transitions and they look fucking great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom