• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition, out now

dmr87

In a cold, dark future dominated by mega-corporations, a small lonely planet on the edge of habitable space is the site of a shadowy research facility specializing in necrotic tissue reactivation. You are a scientist who has suddenly awoken to the realization that you are the lone survivor. The rest of the facility’s personnel have all been killed – micro-chipped and reactivated as combatants by the facility’s central processing AI.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition is a roguelike top-down shooter with retro pixel graphics. Featuring procedurally generated maps that change with each play through, you will never experience the same facility twice. Clutch your gun, walk down the dark corridors and enter each new room hoping those last few rounds of ammunition will be enough. Feel the anxiety, the paranoia and the sheer terror of Teleglitch.

Developer: Test3 Projects
Publisher: Paradox Interactive

Key Features:

• Over 20 types of enemies to combat
  • More than 40 types of weapons and items
  • 10 levels that radically change their structure every time you play
  • 10+ hours of play time (it gets harder the further you get)
  • Detailed database with full dossiers of each monster
  • Scavenge random equipment to craft new and deadly gear like The Can Gun (empty can + nails + explosives)
  • A sinister narrative filled with greedy military corporations covert experiments
  • The risk of permanent death creates an atmosphere of fear and dread

The Die More Edition Features:

• 5 bonus levels
  • Additional items and weapons
  • Upgraded and more deadly enemy AI
  • Expanded dossiers and lore content

Trailer

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234390
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/teleglitch-die-more-edition/
http://diemore.teleglitch.com/

Tried the demo of the original version late last year and really enjoyed it (I'm a sucker for limited-resource exploration games), but never got around to playing through the full game. Guess now's the time.

Twinduct

Was really sad when I saw it launched today, game budget was already screwed this month.

But seems I ordered it via GMG sometime ago, so yeah awesome!

dmr87

Tried the demo of the original version late last year and really enjoyed it (I'm a sucker for limited-resource exploration games), but never got around to playing through the full game. Guess now's the time.

Yea I never tried the first version or demo. Procedurally generated maps, perma-death and art style pulled me in, I'm gonna play later tonight.

Uiki

I'm in love with this game.

No pad support makes me sad but I can understand why they didn't add it.

teeny

I suck at these kind of games, but I managed to get through (the first version) it by the skin of my teeth.

The art style is great, simplicity at it's best, and the sound design is also really good. It feels like a survival horror as well, I shat myself more at this than anything more richly detailed that has come out recently.

Will probably double dip just because, game is that good.

Corto

Just received my Steam key from buying the original version. It's always awesome when a dev does this. Fortunately this is the norm and not the exception.

dmr87

It feels like a survival horror as well, I shat myself more at this than anything more richly detailed that has come out recently.

That's the feel I got from the trailer, awesome. Hordes of shit coming at you from nowhere and you have to survive no matter what.

Carroway

If you already bought Teleglitch on Desura, you will get the Die More Edition on steam for free :)

Edit: Dooh, didn't read the entire thread through

Noogy

I'm in love with this game.

No pad support makes me sad but I can understand why they didn't add it.

Thankfully the devs know gamepad support is often requested and have said they'll add it if they can. This was one of my biggest surprises last year, glad to see it on Steam.

sn00zer

Man I HATE the recent trend of showing the line of site of characters and turn everything else black....makes the game incredibly confusing looking and is distracting

Exr

Played the original version a ton, still do. Excellent game, fast movement and lots of enemy variety.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Man I HATE the recent trend of showing the line of site of characters and turn everything else black....makes the game incredibly confusing looking and is distracting
This is in no way a "recent" trend. ;)

I'll note that not all the black areas in Teleglitch are because of a lack of visibility.
You should go check out a video. I think you'll find it a little less confusing than screenshots.

I'm actually not sure if I want to play through the game again right now, even if I did greatly enjoy it the first time. Does anyone want to trade something for my key?

jackal27

Banned
Original was incredible. One of my favorite indie games ever. Everything about it just meshed well with me. Just installed this version and I can't wait to dive into it.

low-G

I bought the original on Desura so I got a free copy of Die More on Steam. Still a great game, I highly recommend it.

Teleglitch DME now supports Big Picture Mode and, obviously, features controller support.

Add to that, new DLC - cheap as chips - which adds new music and weaponry.

Buy it now, you wonderful people. Buy it now and die a glorious death in the pixelated bowels of an offworld installation.

Lijik

Teleglitch DME now supports Big Picture Mode and, obviously, features controller support.

Add to that, new DLC - cheap as chips - which adds new music and weaponry.

Buy it now, you wonderful people. Buy it now and die a glorious death in the pixelated bowels of an offworld installation.

The base game is also on sale this week for $3.25 which is a killer deal.
Guys, buy this game, theres no excuses

kick51

Banned
And it's every bit as awesome as I hoped. Smash TV: You're Fucked Edition. The writing is funnier than I expected. One character I got -
was written with a southern accent. It was some slightly dumb sounding guy whose weapon was a "self-defense credit card."

zoukka

Talked with the developers of this (they are based in estonia!) at northern game summit last week and the story sounded pretty interesting. I've never played many roguelikes so I think I'll give this a try.

kick51

Banned
It's a good time, easy to sink hours into and quite unique. Surprised more people aren't on it...well, I guess it is gratingly hard at first, but once you pass the first level for the first time, it becomes more clear how to play and manage resources.

Picked this up yesterday. So far I love the athletic, atmosphere and idea of it, but I can't seem to play this functionally with a controller. I can't seem to line up a shot worth a damn, and I'm even worse with the knife, so I get to level 2 with no ammo and die right away. I'll give it a shot keyboard + mouse I guess, but it's not very optimal for my commute (where I get most of my game time).

balohna

I downloaded a build of this over a year ago (I think the creator was tracking his progress on the TIGSource forums). I found it too hard to really get into. Like, in an unfair punishing way.

Has this changed?

kick51

Banned
Picked this up yesterday. So far I love the athletic, atmosphere and idea of it, but I can't seem to play this functionally with a controller. I can't seem to line up a shot worth a damn, and I'm even worse with the knife, so I get to level 2 with no ammo and die right away. I'll give it a shot keyboard + mouse I guess, but it's not very optimal for my commute (where I get most of my game time).

Yeah, it sucks pretty bad with a controller. Not responsive enough at all and the flow of the game is totally built around the mouse. That said, an option to play with the sensitivity might have fixed this.

I downloaded a build of this over a year ago (I think the creator was tracking his progress on the TIGSource forums). I found it too hard to really get into. Like, in an unfair punishing way.

Has this changed?

i have no idea what that means for you, but I don't feel like I've come close to hitting a ceiling where it's too unfair to play and it's my first roguelike. You play to improve and survive, get rewarded with more story and weapons.

One thing I did wrong at first-- I kept resetting when I'd get below 50% health because at first, it does feel a little hopeless. Now I'll spend every last resource to keep my life going and a lot of times I'll survive and get more health/ammo to return to normal. So, the wrong attitude is to worry too hard about health. You'll die, but the focus should be on getting your combat skills honed.

balohna

Yeah, it sucks pretty bad with a controller. Not responsive enough at all and the flow of the game is totally built around the mouse. That said, an option to play with the sensitivity might have fixed this.

i have no idea what that means for you, but I don't feel like I've come close to hitting a ceiling where it's too unfair to play and it's my first roguelike. You play to improve and survive, get rewarded with more story and weapons.

One thing I did wrong at first-- I kept resetting when I'd get below 50% health because at first, it does feel a little hopeless. Now I'll spend every last resource to keep my life going and a lot of times I'll survive and get more health/ammo to return to normal. So, the wrong attitude is to worry too hard about health. You'll die, but the focus should be on getting your combat skills honed.

Well, pretty sure the version I played had no story and little chance to recover if things weren't going well. So it sounds like it's better.

jdl

Banned
i finally bought this a few weeks ago. wasn't expecting to put 28 hours into it. most fun i've had on a game in awhile.

Just did some digging in the steamapps/common/TeleglitchDMD folder. Found settings.lua, which you can edit to increase the aim speed, so it's at least playable with a controller. Knife is still ass though.

You can also enable scanlines and disable the intro too.

Top Bottom