• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

DieH@rd

Banned
Sony is back 😯

Totally deserved.

Their 2017 line [except entry level 4K HDR X800E] is excellent, while Samsung has did not advance much [but has sure as heck demanded more money for it] and LG is relying too much on OLED.

I hope that they will in 2018 start moving their awesome tech in more affordable models.

tmdorsey

Like it has been said, Samsung pretty much dropped the ball with the 2017 sets, while Sony stepped theirs up and entered the OLED market. I'm going with a 2017 Sony set myself.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Totally deserved.

Their 2017 line [except entry level 4K HDR X800E] is excellent, while Samsung has did not advance much [but has sure as heck demanded more money for it] and LG is relying too much on OLED.

I hope that they will in 2018 start moving their awesome tech in more affordable models.

I agree 100%.

Silvard

What's the best 75" (or more) TV out there that hits all the necessary marks for a decent gaming TV? I was planning on getting a projector with an 100" screen for movies and stuff but I don't think I would enjoy gaming at that size.

Madness

Sony refocused properly. Quality built sets with cutting edge image quality. I mean under 49", no one really challenged them at all lsst year. And Samsung seems to have made worse sets for more money this year. How you go from a KS8000 to things like Q7F and charge hundreds more is beyond me. I am also liking the resurgence of Panasonic post plasma. Sony improved on everything they were criticized for last year ie. Deeper blacks, improved input lag, greatly increased nit brightness.

Sony's high end sets are still too damn expensive, but yes, they are better than last years sets. I went with a 2016 model because I wanted 3D and the 2017 models really aren't better, as far as the LG OLEDs go.

One thing I do not like about this TV is the damn auto dimming... so annoying.

Pineapple

So I would have pulled the trigger already on the Sony X900e, since it scores highly in everything and seems like a great set, except for the fact that according to rtngs.com, it suffers from "temporary" image retention.

Over a short period of time, that doesn't sound like anything significant. But for a set I plan on having for years, risking potentially permanent burn in isn't a chance I want to take.

I guess I'll start looking more closely at the Samsung mu8000 sets.

Edit - Apparently everyone says the 2017 Samsung TVS (mu8000 included, I assume) sucks. What happened? The reviewers on rtngs.com rated it fairly well.

Goddamn.

I finally got everything working with PC and my C7. It took a lot of screwing around. I had to use DDU to completely reinstall drivers, but I've got 444 working as well as custom resolutions through CRU.

Really glad I finally got it all figured out.

I wanted to try out Dolby vision with mass effect andromeda, but for whatever reason that game just hangs at the intro load screen before even getting to the main menu now. Which is weird.

Oh well, everything else is looking and working well.

And holy shit, this is my first experience with 120hz. It makes Overwatch look incredible.

Madness

So I would have pulled the trigger already on the Sony X900e, since it scores highly in everything and seems like a great set, except for the fact that according to rtngs.com, it suffers from "temporary" image retention.

Over a short period of time, that doesn't sound like anything significant. But for a set I plan on having for years, risking potentially permanent burn in isn't a chance I want to take.

I guess I'll start looking more closely at the Samsung mu8000 sets.

Edit - Apparently everyone says the 2017 Samsung TVS (mu8000 included, I assume) sucks. What happened? The reviewers on rtngs.com rated it fairly well.

The KS8000 is better in almost every way over the MU8000. Nit brightness, WCG and DCI color coverage percentage, black levels, even input lag. The Samsung sets are barely breaking 500 nits of brightness for the mid to high sets. This is not enough. Not even the 2% window gets bright enough for the cost.

Also the X900E is an anomaly. It is a VA panel LED with FALD that has very faint image retention, nothing like OLED and goes away in seconds to possibly less than 2 minutes. It is inconsequential but Rtings does due diligence and states it anyways, just like they always do for viewing angles for VA panels.

OK guys im about to finally take the leap. I have been on a Pioneer Elite Kuro since they originally came out and nothing, NOTHING has ever tempted me in the TV space until now with the new oled tvs.

I am looking at the LG C7. To owners, please, completely unbiased opinions?

*How does 1080p look on this TV? Would it/does it look a lot worse than it would on my Kuro or other high end plasmas from back then?

*Does it get hot/use a lot of electricity? This Kuro has cost me some hefty bills during its time.

*Does it have any quirks that i should be aware of? I see a bunch of comments in tv threads that scare the shit out of me like judder or streaking or other random stuff that would annoy the hell out of me. I consider myself picky as fuck when it comes to AV equipment so i want to know what i am getting into before buying.

Thanks in advance!

Theonik

What's the best 75" (or more) TV out there that hits all the necessary marks for a decent gaming TV? I was planning on getting a projector with an 100" screen for movies and stuff but I don't think I would enjoy gaming at that size.
Depends on your budget. There is the Sony 75Z9D and the Sony 75X94E which both fit the bill nicely.
E: Alternatively, there is OLED sets at 77" but those will practically cost you a kidney and aren't as good as high end LCDs overall anyway.

P.S. Also look at Panasonic's range, though they are not available outside the Japanese and European markets iirc and I'm not sure they make 75" versions anyway.

Macaco84

Well after posting previously in this thread about how happy I was with my oled65e6 I have now had it returned. I am really fed up with two aspects of this set 1) no matter what I try the connection to my ps4 pro keeps dropping out from time to time and 2) there is significant banding - especially evident watching football and bright scenes. In particular there are two huge ugly bands that show up in wipeout omega collection on the menu screen.

Unable to get a replacement as it was ex display so had to settle for something else. Eventually I chose the Sony xe90 (65 inch). Its not a high end set i know that but it has reviewed well and motion is apparently excellent. I hated the fiddly compromise on my e6 to avoid judder but equally avoid the soap opera effect.

Looking forward to my Sony though. Just seems a good tv that does good hdr and 4k without too many bells and whistles.

Pineapple

Also the X900E is an anomaly. It is a VA panel LED with FALD that has very faint image retention, nothing like OLED and goes away in seconds to possibly less than 2 minutes. It is inconsequential but Rtings does due diligence and states it anyways, just like they always do for viewing angles for VA panels.

Is it something that could end up being permanent? I know on plasmas prior to 2010 you could get permanent burn in if a static image was displayed on the screen for too long. Apparently it's an issue with OLEDs as well.

Could that happen with the X900E?

Button

Banned
Well after posting previously in this thread about how happy I was with my oled65e6 I have now had it returned. I am really fed up with two aspects of this set 1) no matter what I try the connection to my ps4 pro keeps dropping out from time to time and 2) there is significant banding - especially evident watching football and bright scenes. In particular there are two huge ugly bands that show up in wipeout omega collection on the menu screen.

Unable to get a replacement as it was ex display so had to settle for something else. Eventually I chose the Sony xe90 (65 inch). Its not a high end set i know that but it has reviewed well and motion is apparently excellent. I hated the fiddly compromise on my e6 to avoid judder but equally avoid the soap opera effect.

Looking forward to my Sony though. Just seems a good tv that does good hdr and 4k without too many bells and whistles.

Interested in hearing your opinion in the xe90 after experiencing oled.

Macaco84

Interested in hearing your opinion in the xe90 after experiencing oled.

I will write back once I have it delivered (this thursday).

I am expecting a small downgrade in black level but for me as long as the screen uniformity is ok I will be happy!

The banding on my e6 was atrocious. Every game or tv programme that panned made this very evident. Side scrollers for example, not good.

I will be interested to see the difference in hdr though. The e6 never won any awards for brightness so I am not expecting any downgrade here. In fact it may be a tad better on the Sony. Let's see. I will be firing up horizon on the ps4 pro to check. My personal favourite hdr experience.

monagram

OK guys im about to finally take the leap. I have been on a Pioneer Elite Kuro since they originally came out and nothing, NOTHING has ever tempted me in the TV space until now with the new oled tvs.

*How does 1080p look on this TV? Would it/does it look a lot worse than it would on my Kuro or other high end plasmas from back then?

*Does it get hot/use a lot of electricity? This Kuro has cost me some hefty bills during its time.

*Does it have any quirks that i should be aware of? I see a bunch of comments in tv threads that scare the shit out of me like judder or streaking or other random stuff that would annoy the hell out of me. I consider myself picky as fuck when it comes to AV equipment so i want to know what i am getting into before buying.

Thanks in advance!

I was in the same position as you and just moved from the FD-151 to the 65A1E.

While I can't speak to the C7's upscaling, I can say that heat-wise the panel stays cool to touch. Even after watching it for a few hours the ambient temperature in my room really isn't affected, where as with the Kuro I had to turn on a fan or crack a window.

RomeoDog

Banned
If anyone out there has an HDR capable tv out there and hasn't played Injustice 2, you should really correct that. Its the best HDR implementation in a game yet, it makes characters like batman look photorealistic. It makes the image look 3d even when it's not.

At first I was disappointed with the HDR in injustice 2.That's because my 2016 E6 LG OLED tv was set to HDR Game mode setting. The blacks just didn't look right and it looked like a videogame. But than I swiched to Standard HDR setting, and the image and game started looking photorealistic.

I also recently bought ratchet and clank and its HDR implementation also rocks.

I hope devs learn from injustice 2. IT really is a superb looking game.

Rolled back to the 378 NV drivers. Got DV up and running on ME:A. Unfortunately it was before I walked out the door to the office, so no real impressions yet, but with that, all PC issues with the C7 are sorted. Thank god. Really, really happy with it overall.

It really needs to be calibrated though. Even on ISF Dark, some of the colors, red in particular, are eye-searing.

Thanks in advance!

I might be able to help out. Not a Kuro, but just moved off a Panasonic ST60 (the last year they made plasmas =( ) for a C7 last week.

-1080p. I think it looks pretty good. I will absolutely say though that I am rapidly acclimating to both HDR and 4K content to the point where you feel spoiled. HDR really is that good.

Not sure what you'll be using for sources? PC looks okay, but a bit of AA in games is certainly appreciated at 1080p.

I thought content through both the Amazon and Netflix apps that was SDR and 1080p didn't look any worse than it did on my Panny. Plus, you'll notice the color depth and inky blacks way more than you'll ever notice the rez difference

-Heat. The heat part is better! I am 100% with you. My 55ST60 could more or less heat my living room during winter. This set (with only a week of impressions, so take that for what it's worth) doesn't seem to throw out nearly the amount of heat. A huge added bonus for us older plasma folks.

-Quirks. Nothing so far (again, in the week I've had it). You can look at the last couple pages for my saga getting my PC set up but that was almost all having to do with the PC, not the TV.

I game a lot and have had zero qualms at all with motion, judder etc. It apparently handles 24p very well (according to rtings, haven't tried myself). I was also pleasantly surprised that it natively supports 120hz, which is my first experience with a refresh rate that high. I've been playing Overwatch on PC and 120hz looks crazy good.

The TV itself looks great. There are a ton of customization options. The apps work really well too. Netflix, Amazon etc. are all great. The Grand Tour on Amazon video looks insane in HDR and 4K. Would highly recommend that one.

Hope that helps!

E: Also probably worth noting, I haven't seen a hint of image retention yet. I played a bunch of Overwatch this weekend, and no image retention whatsoever

Amneisac

My TCL 55P607 should be here Friday. I'm pretty excited to check it out. I could have maybe sprung $1100 or so for a 2016 B6 with price protection, but I honestly don't think I'd really appreciate what I'd be getting for my extra $500. I know the difference in there, but I just don't know enough about TVs to fully appreciate it.

This will be taking the place of a Panasonic S60 that I also bought for $600.

Silvard

Depends on your budget. There is the Sony 75Z9D and the Sony 75X94E which both fit the bill nicely.
E: Alternatively, there is OLED sets at 77" but those will practically cost you a kidney and aren't as good as high end LCDs overall anyway.

P.S. Also look at Panasonic's range, though they are not available outside the Japanese and European markets iirc and I'm not sure they make 75" versions anyway.

Thanks, I'm assuming the X940E is the same as the X94E?

Anyway guys, does it make sense to have both a 1080p projector + 100" screen for movies and viewing parties, and a 75" 4k TV with HDR and etc etc for console and maybe PC gaming? I have the feeling I'd default to one or the other, and I'll yearn for picture quality while watching on the projector and for size while watching on the TV.

Yesterday's Xbox conference with all its blacks looked great on an LG OLED.

Do the 2017 LG OLEDs have Game mode for Dolby Vision as well?

Yes, they do.

The C7/B7 runs less hot than a Plasma TV. Also cooler than the E7 and G7 due to no Picture on Glass.
Personally, I like to use the brightness sensor for normal TV watching which lessens the heat output even further.

Well after posting previously in this thread about how happy I was with my oled65e6 I have now had it returned. I am really fed up with two aspects of this set 1) no matter what I try the connection to my ps4 pro keeps dropping out from time to time
If you're using a direct connection without AVR, then those handshaking issues are normal, unfortunately.

and 2) there is significant banding - especially evident watching football and bright scenes. In particular there are two huge ugly bands that show up in wipeout omega collection on the menu screen.

My first E6 had the same vertical banding/DSE issues apparent when watching football, while a later set was fine. Luck of the panel draw.

Could have gone for a panel replacement, but as there were other things bothering you....

I was in the same position as you and just moved from the FD-151 to the 65A1E.

While I can't speak to the C7's upscaling, I can say that heat-wise the panel stays cool to touch. Even after watching it for a few hours the ambient temperature in my room really isn't affected, where as with the Kuro I had to turn on a fan or crack a window.

Seems to me that the Sony OLED emits a bit more heat from the centre of the display.

TheBoss1

I agree with you on everything, except for the "10ms sacrifice". I'm used to 23ms, so 47.4 ms is not just +10ms, more like double the input lag, and almost unplayable for me (I'm very sensitive to input lag). Sony A1E is very expensive and not suited for gaming (for me), so it's a no brainer choosing LG (again, for me). You pay much more for better motion handling and excellent upscaling, not worh it, imo.

Thanks, I'm assuming the X940E is the same as the X94E?

Anyway guys, does it make sense to have both a 1080p projector + 100" screen for movies and viewing parties, and a 75" 4k TV with HDR and etc etc for console and maybe PC gaming? I have the feeling I'd default to one or the other, and I'll yearn for picture quality while watching on the projector and for size while watching on the TV.

If you are a big baller (NO I'm not Lavar Ball) then paying for both shouldn't be an issue. If you have to choose one, I say get the X940E. Picture quality > size.

Macaco84

Yesterday's Xbox conference with all its blacks looked great on an LG OLED.

If you're using a direct connection without AVR, then those handshaking issues are normal, unfortunately.

My first E6 had the same vertical banding/DSE issues apparent when watching football, while a later set was fine. Luck of the panel draw.

Could have gone for a panel replacement, but as there were other things bothering you....

Isn't the handshaking thing a major issue for LG? Surprised it wasnt resolved with an update. Or does the blame lie with the ps4?

Just seems a fairly massive oversight for such an expensive premium tv.

RomeoDog

Banned
Isn't the handshaking thing a major issue for LG? Surprised it wasnt resolved with an update. Or does the blame lie with the ps4?

They have a patch on the official website you have to download and put on a USB3 Stick, that addressed the handshaking with PS4PRO and motion performance and a few other things.

Since I installed the latest update a month or so go I havn't had a single handshake issue since.

Macaco84

They have a patch on the official website you have to download and put on a USB3 Stick, that addressed the handshaking with PS4PRO and motion performance and a few other things.

Since I installed the latest update a month or so go I havn't had a single handshake issue since.

I did exactly that (latest firmware) but continued to have issues. It was very intermittent though. Usually when it disconnected the screen flashed, bit of white noise, bit more flashing then finally it would drop out leaving me looking at the LG wallpaper.

Probably defective then.

I don't have the best of luck with high end tech. Not the first time something like this has happened! So awaiting my new Sony a bit tentatively!

monagram

Yesterday's Xbox conference with all its blacks

Seems to me that the Sony OLED emits a bit more heat from the centre of the display.

Most likely because of the way the electronics are connected to the easel stand in the center. Either way, it's still a lot less heat than the Kuro it replaced.

ACH1LL3US

Goddamn.

I finally got everything working with PC and my C7. It took a lot of screwing around. I had to use DDU to completely reinstall drivers, but I've got 444 working as well as custom resolutions through CRU.

Really glad I finally got it all figured out.

I wanted to try out Dolby vision with mass effect andromeda, but for whatever reason that game just hangs at the intro load screen before even getting to the main menu now. Which is weird.

Oh well, everything else is looking and working well.

And holy shit, this is my first experience with 120hz. It makes Overwatch look incredible.

What kind of issues were you having? In pc mode and turning on deep hdmi color, I haven't had any issues with my C7 showing 4:4:4. Of course you need to make sure in the GeForce control panel you have 8bpc and gen full selected.

Also I did use 120hz at 1080p and I was NOT blown away with 120hz. I felt the same thigh when using a 165hz says pc monitor too, for me I prefer 4k at 60 vs 1080p at 120hz.

Madness

Is it something that could end up being permanent? I know on plasmas prior to 2010 you could get permanent burn in if a static image was displayed on the screen for too long. Apparently it's an issue with OLEDs as well.

Could that happen with the X900E?

No. It is a larger issue for OLED due to the type of technology present. And while unlike old plasmas and rear projections where the image would 'burn-in' permanently, it does go away fairly quickly. The X900E image retention isn't even close to the image retention of the A1E or C7, which aren't close to what plasmas had. I am not kidding, what is permanent burn-in on OLED is just image retention due to a static image not changing for such a long time that the television has issues clearing it. I cannot guarantee if say you use it as a PC daily and static icons are there for hours at a time daily, but on the X900E it is faint to little image retention for some reason. Don't worry about it.

Bustanen

I did exactly that (latest firmware) but continued to have issues. It was very intermittent though. Usually when it disconnected the screen flashed, bit of white noise, bit more flashing then finally it would drop out leaving me looking at the LG wallpaper.

Probably defective then.

I don't have the best of luck with high end tech. Not the first time something like this has happened! So awaiting my new Sony a bit tentatively!
What cables did you use? Some have had issues even with the cable that came with Pro. Zero issues on my B6, love it.

Macaco84

What cables did you use? Some have had issues even with the cable that came with Pro. Zero issues on my B6, love it.

I thought it might be the cable so I bought myself a good quality high bandwidth cable just in case. But i still had the same issues.

And it happened on most HDMI slots. So yep i think a faulty set.

Nonetheless the banding has put me off oleds for a while as I can see it's a bit of a panel lottery. Which isn't great for such an expensive set.

Rolled back to the 378 NV drivers. Got DV up and running on ME:A. Unfortunately it was before I walked out the door to the office, so no real impressions yet, but with that, all PC issues with the C7 are sorted. Thank god. Really, really happy with it overall.

It really needs to be calibrated though. Even on ISF Dark, some of the colors, red in particular, are eye-searing.

I might be able to help out. Not a Kuro, but just moved off a Panasonic ST60 (the last year they made plasmas =( ) for a C7 last week.

-1080p. I think it looks pretty good. I will absolutely say though that I am rapidly acclimating to both HDR and 4K content to the point where you feel spoiled. HDR really is that good.

Not sure what you'll be using for sources? PC looks okay, but a bit of AA in games is certainly appreciated at 1080p.

I thought content through both the Amazon and Netflix apps that was SDR and 1080p didn't look any worse than it did on my Panny. Plus, you'll notice the color depth and inky blacks way more than you'll ever notice the rez difference

-Heat. The heat part is better! I am 100% with you. My 55ST60 could more or less heat my living room during winter. This set (with only a week of impressions, so take that for what it's worth) doesn't seem to throw out nearly the amount of heat. A huge added bonus for us older plasma folks.

-Quirks. Nothing so far (again, in the week I've had it). You can look at the last couple pages for my saga getting my PC set up but that was almost all having to do with the PC, not the TV.

I game a lot and have had zero qualms at all with motion, judder etc. It apparently handles 24p very well (according to rtings, haven't tried myself). I was also pleasantly surprised that it natively supports 120hz, which is my first experience with a refresh rate that high. I've been playing Overwatch on PC and 120hz looks crazy good.

The TV itself looks great. There are a ton of customization options. The apps work really well too. Netflix, Amazon etc. are all great. The Grand Tour on Amazon video looks insane in HDR and 4K. Would highly recommend that one.

Hope that helps!

E: Also probably worth noting, I haven't seen a hint of image retention yet. I played a bunch of Overwatch this weekend, and no image retention whatsoever

Thank you very much for this information!

Any of you have suggestions for a receiver under $300? Mainly looking for 4K/hdr compatibility.

In the UK the Yamaha RXV381 is a cracking budget 4k receiver for just £169. Includes HDR.

https://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/YAMA-RXV381-BLK

Now with full HDCP2.2 compatibility
The latest RXV381 now has HDCP2.2 compatibility through all of its four HDMI inputs. Along with support for HDR and BT.2020, this means the RXV381 is fully equipped for handling the latest UHD Blu-ray players and HDR-equipped 4K TVs.

If you aren't interested in Dolby Atmos and/or a 7.1 setup, you'll struggle to find better for the price.

Not sure on US availability though.

Probably defective then.

I thought it might be the cable so I bought myself a good quality high bandwidth cable just in case. But i still had the same issues.

And it happened on most HDMI slots. So yep i think a faulty set.

Nonetheless the banding has put me off oleds for a while as I can see it's a bit of a panel lottery. Which isn't great for such an expensive set.

Hm, do we have any other E6/C6 owners that can confirm that the handshaking issues while using a direct connection have been fixed with the latest FW? I'm skeptical. Unfortunately I haven't my 55E6 anymore to check myself.
Anyways, it's not only the PS4 Pro but also other devices that rely on HDMI 2.0 such as the Xbox One S.
As for the B6 with its different SOC and different FW, AFAIK it had similar problems at the beginning, but a FW update fixed it a couple of months ago already.

What kind of issues were you having? In pc mode and turning on deep hdmi color, I haven't had any issues with my C7 showing 4:4:4. Of course you need to make sure in the GeForce control panel you have 8bpc and gen full selected.

Also I did use 120hz at 1080p and I was NOT blown away with 120hz. I felt the same thigh when using a 165hz says pc monitor too, for me I prefer 4k at 60 vs 1080p at 120hz.

My issues were entirely driver issues. Something must have happened at some point, because I was doing the stuff with CRU and control panel and doing everything right, options just weren't showing up, like 444 or the sub-4k resolutions in games. I used DDU to completely wipe drivers and install new ones and everything worked fine when I re did everything. Who knows.

Surprised about the 120hz. It's an immediate difference on Overwatch.

Silvard

If you are a big baller (NO I'm not Lavar Ball) then paying for both shouldn't be an issue. If you have to choose one, I say get the X940E. Picture quality > size.

I could get both, but would I find reason to use both? Will I really appreciate them both?

Alternatively what's up with 4K HDR projectors?

I just ordered a TCL 55" 55P607 from Amazon. They are showing in stock now. When I looked before it was a 3 month wait. It will be here Wednesday! I don't mind paying $599 for my first 4K TV, as all the press seems to be positive for gaming purposes. I have had a PS4 Pro since it came out and I've never seen 4K (besides walking past some at Best Buy). Will report back after I get it set up! At 1/4 of the price I was thinking of paying for a 4K TV I'm willing to give this a gamble.

My TCL 55P607 should be here Friday. I'm pretty excited to check it out. I could have maybe sprung $1100 or so for a 2016 B6 with price protection, but I honestly don't think I'd really appreciate what I'd be getting for my extra $500. I know the difference in there, but I just don't know enough about TVs to fully appreciate it.

Let's compare thoughts once set up!

Madness

I would have at least waited for more reviews to come out even if the price is good. You just never know. Post impressions and pics here if you can though.

Stiler

Any of you have suggestions for a receiver under $300? Mainly looking for 4K/hdr compatibility.

When it comes to the receiver it's EXTREMELY dependent on what kind of speaker setup you want with it.

If you are just using stereo or 7.2 or lower there's some options for under 300, if If you want 9.2 or above (w/ atmos support, etc) then you're going to be getting into a lot more money for receivers).

Here's a good site for receivers, where you can sort what you want by features and pricing, etc.

http://www.accessories4less.com/mak.../home-theater-receivers/1.html?home_audio_key[]=hdcp22&home_audio_key[]=HDR

Denon receivers are generally considered the top when it comes to receivers with Marantz close behind.

I bit the bullet on a C7!!!

Picking it up after work. Bye bye sweet kuro. Probably the best and most reliable thing I've ever purchased in my entire life. Would not hesitate at ALL to pay a premium for a pioneer oled!!!

ACH1LL3US

I bit the bullet on a C7!!!

Picking it up after work. Bye bye sweet kuro. Probably the best and most reliable thing I've ever purchased in my entire life. Would not hesitate at ALL to pay a premium for a pioneer oled!!!

You will love the C7!! I came from a elite pro101 that was Dnice calibrated and the C7 destroys it in all areas for gaming!

Make sure you use PC mode and ISF dark or bright and auto color gamut, turn on hdmi deep color for 4:4:4 , contrast at 85 and keep the oled light at 35 so you get no ABL and enjoy :)

You will love the C7!! I came from a elite pro101 that was Dnice calibrated and the C7 destroys it in all areas for gaming!

Make sure you use PC mode and ISF dark or bright and auto color gamut, turn on hdmi deep color for 4:4:4 , contrast at 85 and keep the oled light at 35 so you get no ABL and enjoy :)

Thanks! Do I need a special HDMI cable? 2.0 or something? I got out of the TV game years ago in a fuckin noob 😂😂 I'll be hooking my pc up to it btw!

Top Bottom