• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's Jurassic Park details from Game Informer [Screenshots Added]

bathala

Banned
My expectation for this game considering its telltale: adventure game with realistic looking art design.
I'm looking forward to this

ajim said:
Wow. How have I not seen this game before?! How does it compare to Park Builder? The same, just visually better?

Never played park builder but Operation:Genesis is an amazing game. I had it for xbox and loved it.

dark10x said:
Really? You want an action game? What makes you think they could even pull that off?

Heavy Rain style play is pretty similar to standard graphic adventure gameplay anyways, so I don't see the problem.

I didn't expect an action game, but I didn't expect a crappy QTE game like Heavy Rain either.

Mifune

Mehmber
Cow Mengde said:
I didn't expect an action game, but I didn't expect a crappy QTE game like Heavy Rain either.

Holy shit, talk about jumping to conclusions. The mere mention that the game has QTEs has relegated it to "crappy QTE game" status.

Rflagg

I wasn't trying to get everyone upset I know telltale doesn't really do action games, but they could always expand their horizons. Jurassic park ip just seem more suited to action to me.

Rflagg said:
I wasn't trying to get everyone upset I know telltale doesn't really do action games, but they could always expand their horizons. Jurassic park ip just seem more suited to action to me.

This I agree. It's never a bad thing to expand your horizon.

Bernbaum

Wow, the screens look like the most technically-rich in a Telltale game to date.

And double wow at the serious tone - I thought it would be a bit whimsical for some reason.

EmCeeGramr said:
Man, I wonder if the T-Rex will be able to see movement. (I hope you try that and it eats you)

That always makes me laugh. T.rex is one of the few carnivores that can see in stereoscopic vision. Had it not been for the cataclysmic event 65 million years ago, Tyrannosaurus, would be playing the 3DS today.

Also I wonder what the reaction would be if Telltale updated the dinosaur designs to be more realistic (i.e., feathered raptors).

Salsa

EmCeeGramr said:
Also I wonder what the reaction would be if Telltale updated the dinosaur designs to be more realistic (i.e., feathered raptors).

Why in a million years would they do this ?

It's about the old movies, not a remake

it would result in flaaaaamessssssssss

UrbanRats

EmCeeGramr said:
But scans already shows old style raptors, so..

If they want to make it accurate then they should either change it to the proper size or rename it to Utahraptor of Achillobator.

Radogol

Cow Mengde said:
If they want to make it accurate then they should either change it to the proper size or rename it to Utahraptor of Achillobator.

Don't be so anal about this. The creatures in the park are reverse-engineered using damaged DNA from both actual dinosaurs and a bunch of reptiles and other animals. That's not a no-prize material, it's all in the movie and actually a plot point.

EmCeeGramr said:

I can't remember much about it but I think book had a part that explained how the dinosaurs' genes had been altered if necessary to look how we thought they looked, rather than how they actually were.

Radogol

Graphics Horse said:
I can't remember much about it but I think book had a part that explained how the dinosaurs' genes had been altered if necessary to look how we thought they looked, rather than how they actually were.

Not really altered, there just wasn't enough DNA material to recreate the dinosaurs 100%. So basically, the scientists made shit up as they went along. In other words, the creatures are made to look and behave like dinosaurs based on as-of-then current scientific knowledge, but are not actual dinosaurs. That was both in the book and in the movie.

Radogol said:
Not really altered, there just wasn't enough DNA material to recreate the dinosaurs 100%. So basically, the scientists made shit up as they went along. In other words, the creatures are made to look and behave like dinosaurs based on as-of-then current scientific knowledge, but are not actual dinosaurs. That was both in the book and in the movie.

Ah yeah, that sounds more like it, thanks :)

Fuck yes. One of my favorite series' of all time.

thread is seriously lacking in dinosaur .gifs

shoot-her-o.gif

shoooot herrr

Graphics Horse said:

IIRC, in the book, Wu wanted to do this with the dinosaurs, in addition to making them slower so people could view them more easily (version 4.0 or something). Hammond was against it. So I don't think they had actually implemented these "conscious" alterations to the dinos just yet. I think it was all DNA mixtures that explain the anomalies.

As for the game, looks great!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
no feathers, unrealistic, *drafts letter to national academy of sciences asking for telltale to be formally reprimanded*

Bernbaum said:
Wow, the screens look like the most technically-rich in a Telltale game to date.

And double wow at the serious tone - I thought it would be a bit whimsical for some reason.

Yeah, but they did make some CSI games so as far as the tone...

Wow, this looks even better than I had dared to hope.

From the article: "These stories are built on deep character development and the hope that viewers and readers are emotionally invested with the human element long before a dinosaur emerges from the brush."

That's the first time I've EVER heard that said about JP (not that I disagree - the wistful dreams of Hammond, Grant coming to terms with his children companions, etc).

Top Bottom