• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Effect

I need to wait until all the episodes are out and I can find out the ending. I don't think I could take it if I played this as it came out only for it to end a certain way.

Tacitus_

BTW is it true you can
burn the log
Cos that would never work in real life.
you need kindling to get some flames going before you can add so thick wood

After the opening I was pretty happy with the
time jump. Clementine's high pitch voice was already starting to grate on me, how she sounds now is much better than before.

I liked the episode, even if I felt the ending was a little weak, it was a pretty good start for the new season.

Sober

Copied the folder from my older PC that I played S1 on, S2 can't seem to find it :\

Gonna re-d/l all of season 1 and see what happens there.

Nudull

Banned
Just finished episode 1. It's a good start, although not as strong an ending as the first season's.
Fuck Telltale for killing off Omid, though. :c

daman824

Some lazy writing in this episode

killing off Omid, Omid and Christas child, and the dog in such stupid ways.

It's pretty lame that they killed off pretty much every main character from season one. All that wasted character development. can't wait till season 3 and all the season 2 cast is dead.

And after playing through season one and seeing how choices didn't matter as much as we thought. I'd bet that no matter who you save at the end of ep.1, the other one will die soon as well.

Salsa

so get this: I start the walking dead

I have a save file that I finished ep 5

I start 400 days, turns out I have a save spot right at the end, nice!

I play through the end again

exit the game

open it back up

I now have lost all progress on ep 5. doesnt show up as rewind or stats or anything. Even tho it was RIGHT THERE before I started the end of 400 days

what the fuck is up

Bricky

Don't panic if you don't see your old saves pop up at first people; start a new game and press play, AFTER that it asks if you want to use a Season 1 save. Don't search the entire menu for it like I did.

Great start of the season, even if it's a bit by the book for what the series has become (make a grey moral choice here, do something brutal and hard to watch there, the usual). I also have to admit though that for the first time in the entire series I've replayed a part to change a huge decision, but only because it would affect my enjoyment of the game and not because I had the feeling I made the wrong choice morally
I've replayed the last part to save Pete instead of Nick. I would've picked Pete any day of the week if it wasn't for the short time to decide and 'Season Dumbass/Ben 2.0' Nick screaming something about having extra ammo which made my dumb brain decide I could somehow save both since it didn't seem like an end-of-episode choice yet. Anyway. I didn't really want to be stuck with Nick who'll probably just be dumb, depressed and accusing me of not saving his father, especially if it'll be for more than one episode. Pete on the other hand seems like a complete badass (and a friendly one too!). Both prejudices were even confirmed by the preview of next episode, so I think I made a choice for the more enjoyable character/story here. My only regret is that I'd rather not replay anything at all and I feel guilty for changing my story a bit, like a broke an oath to myself or something. :/

jediyoshi

It's pretty lame that they killed off pretty much every main character from season one. All that wasted character development. can't wait till season 3 and all the season 2 cast is dead.

And after playing through season one and seeing how choices didn't matter as much as we thought. I'd bet that no matter who you save at the end of ep.1, the other one will die soon as well.

Oh, so it's a zombie game.

Most of them died during that season as it was. A total of one character from then is tangibly dead this episode. I'm finding it hilarious Omid is the tipping point for you in that you just now come to the realization they're actually dying.

Tacitus_

All I see is some nonsensical whining in your "critique" and no lazy writing.

That's why instead of a random generated Season 1 save, they need to have a pre-launch app that you can select all the decisions you want and customize it that way (in case you lost your savegame, want to try something else or Telltale screwed up)

Stoze

I don't know how Telltale was expecting to work on 4+ different franchises at the same time and fix their technical issues. I have a feeling the latter is going to get worse as time goes on.

I'm gonna wait a bit before I buy this, I thought 400 Days was pretty medicore and it kind of soured my hype for The Walking Dead. Maybe they'll patch up some of this shit that's going on while I wait, because If it didn't pick up on my previous saves I'd be pretty pissed. In the mean time The Wolf Among Us holds all my hype.

zeemumu

The four most likely people that Clementine was referring to in that episode 2 preview were Kenny, Lilly, Ben, or Christa. Hoping for Kenny or Christa.

Necrovex

The four most likely people that Clementine was referring to in that episode 2 preview were Kenny, Lilly, Ben, or Christa. Hoping for Kenny or Christa.

It can't be Ben since I dropped that motherfucker to his death. I doubt TellTale would include a character who could be certainly dead in a person's playthrough.

Tacitus_

It can't be Ben since I dropped that motherfucker to his death. I doubt TellTale would include a character who could be certainly dead in a person's playthrough.

If you don't drop him, he still manages to kill himself in the last episode. I really don't see him getting up after he fell off the balcony and got impaled on a metal pole.

daman824

Oh, so it's a zombie game.

Most of them died during that season as it was. A total of one character from then is tangibly dead this episode. I'm finding it hilarious Omid is the tipping point for you in that you just now come to the realization they're actually dying.
I get it's a zombie game, I just don't know why being a zombie game excuses certain criticisms.

Omid dying within the first 5 minutes of the episode is incredibly stupid. Whats the point of keeping him around through season one if he's going to die so fast. One of the biggest surprises in season one was that Christa was pregnant. But no, the child died before it was born because there's pregnant character in the new group that fills that role. I was looking forward to seeing how Omid and Christa took care of a newborn child in the post-zombie world. There was potential there. And it definitely was a better option than getting rid of both characters so suddenly. And if Christa is going to be the survivor and I'm supposed to care about finding her, then she should have gotten more attention than she did. I mean, why do I care about finding her again? What made her unique? At least Omid was funny. The dog continuing to attack you instead of going for the food and hiding isn't a big deal. More of an annoying nitpick. They wanted to do that whole kill the pet thing even though the dog could have played an interesting role later in the season.

And the choice of who to save is pretty much a guarantee that the other person will also die soon no matter who you pick. The biggest complaint I have of season one isn't that your choices don't change the overall flow of the game (it would be impossible to do that); it's that it stumbled multiple times getting everyone in the same spots at certain points in the game. In season one, saving Doug or Carly was a huge deal. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed when Doug was given just a few lines of dialogue before getting killed in the exact same way Carly would have been killed had I saved her. Picking who to save just isn't much of a shock moment anymore when you know whoever you save is going to receive minimal character development and die before episode 3 ends.

Make no mistake however, this season looks like it's going to be great. But I can't help but be disappointed by some shortcomings.

Don't panic if you don't see your old saves pop up at first people; start a new game and press play, AFTER that it asks if you want to use a Season 1 save. Don't search the entire menu for it like I did. ;)

Thank you for this. I was going insane trying to find out how to import them.

Downhome

When did they decide to launch it on PSN today instead of tomorrow? I could swear that it was the 18th just earlier today but just came home and see it up.

Bricky

Thank you for this. I was going insane trying to find out how to import them.

You're welcome, me too. It seems way more convenient to just add an 'import' menu option, but I figure Telltale just didn't realize people might freak out a little if they don't see their old saves before they actually start the first episode.

Necrovex

You're welcome, me too. It seems way more convenient to just add an 'import' menu option, but I figure Telltale just didn't realize people might freak out a little if they don't see their old saves before they actually start the first episode.

I was that guy!

Sober

Okay, I dunno but for people who can't find their S1 save I started S1 up again and checked to see if the save was there and then started S2 up again and it imported properly this time around. Gamesavemanager must've missed a few files when it copied it over but it seems like started up Season 1 will restore it properly for an import.

Ranik Regana

Neo Member
So, I imported save from S1 and then cutscene starts like "In previous episodes" and shows me choices completely different from what I did in S1. What the hell? Anybody knows what to do?

Salsa

so yeah fuck this shit. guess i'll let it generate whatever the fuck it wants for 400 days since im afraid of playing it in vain again

im pissed.

daveo42

Banned
Finished up the first episode and I have to say, that was one hell of a ride for such a short chapter. I clocked in at about 95mins and it didn't at all feel that short. It felt dense and satisfying.

I really hope we don't have to wait more than a month for the next episode. I don't think I can hold out too long after that preview they showed.

robotrock

Banned
Finished up the first episode and I have to say, that was one hell of a ride for such a short chapter. I clocked in at about 95mins and it didn't at all feel that short. It felt dense and satisfying.

I really hope we don't have to wait more than a month for the next episode. I don't think I can hold out too long after that preview they showed.

Yeah I don't know what's going on with Telltale. It's been over two months since the first episode of The Wolf Among Us and there hasn't been any details on when the second episode is releasing. I guess it might be the fact they are working on four games right now but still, these waits are getting out of hand.

daveo42

Banned
I saved teenage Kenny because the other guy looked bitten, but knowing Telltale it might turn out to be a scratch from a rock or something. Also, was that guy in the episode 2 preview the guy from the prison bus in 400 days? Because on my save he's the only one who stays at the camp. Everyone else left. Aside from that, the only other two things that my save seems to have affected are Clementine saying that they're smarter than the zombies, her description of Lee, and the fact that she starts acting weird every time one of the characters mentions chopping off a hand.

I did the exact same thing because of what looked like a bit mark on his pant leg. I really should have not saved him and stuck with Pete, but it was that gut reaction.

I didn't see anyone from 400 days yet, so I'm not sure if these guys are the ones we eventually run into or what. It could even be the guys from the preview, but I didn't be a really good look.

Additional impressions:
I can definitely see some of the comparisons so far between season 1 and 2. More of the choices do seem a bit more fluid, but the choose one and kill the other should be removed as it was one of the devices used several times over in season 1 and removed the feeling of overall choice when everyone eventually died.

I'm fine with the death of Omid and the separation from Christa to get Clem on her own and show her growth since leaving Lee. I do hope we do get some more solid character growth and that we do get to see some of them make it to the end, including Christa who I think is still alive.

Jacan

Neo Member
I get it's a zombie game, I just don't know why being a zombie game excuses certain criticisms.

Omid dying within the first 5 minutes of the episode is incredibly stupid. Whats the point of keeping him around through season one if he's going to die so fast. One of the biggest surprises in season one was that Christa was pregnant. But no, the child died before it was born because there's pregnant character in the new group that fills that role. I was looking forward to seeing how Omid and Christa took care of a newborn child in the post-zombie world. There was potential there. And it definitely was a better option than getting rid of both characters so suddenly. And if Christa is going to be the survivor and I'm supposed to care about finding her, then she should have gotten more attention than she did. I mean, why do I care about finding her again? What made her unique? At least Omid was funny. The dog continuing to attack you instead of going for the food and hiding isn't a big deal. More of an annoying nitpick. They wanted to do that whole kill the pet thing even though the dog could have played an interesting role later in the season.

And the choice of who to save is pretty much a guarantee that the other person will also die soon no matter who you pick. The biggest complaint I have of season one isn't that your choices don't change the overall flow of the game (it would be impossible to do that); it's that it stumbled multiple times getting everyone in the same spots at certain points in the game. In season one, saving Doug or Carly was a huge deal. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed when Doug was given just a few lines of dialogue before getting killed in the exact same way Carly would have been killed had I saved her. Picking who to save just isn't much of a shock moment anymore when you know whoever you save is going to receive minimal character development and die before episode 3 ends.

Make no mistake however, this season looks like it's going to be great. But I can't help but be disappointed by some shortcomings.

So far all i hear is you forgetting that this is a game not a tv-show called the Walking dead.

Most of your points makes sense if this was a tv-show and not a videogame and the rest is just your personal opinion of the facts and i disagree , well i think a lot disagree with your points. Also some a just guesses and you have no clue if they are correct or not.

Vally

Wow I had no idea Season 2 was coming out so soon, and I just finished Season 1 a few days ago. I think S1 ended perfectly and I'm not sure S2 will get me hooked in the same way but I'll try the first episode at least.

Arkanius

I found this episode way too linear. Season1 episode one had more "freedom" (not really) while on the quickmarket before the end of the episode. It felt like an adventure game there.

I love this Clementine!

Ichinii

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before. I lost my saved games from season 1 when I formatted my pc, and have been trying to find saved games without luck, can anyone point me in the right direction? I would hate to have the game randomize my choices.

GavinUK86

Surprised no one noticed
Roman's dead body, from 400 days, down at the river at the end. He had the same black coat with the punk band print on the back.

QUESTION:

Does having a Save File from the first Season matter???

I picked it up during an Xbox Live sale last year but sold my Xbox...

I would definitely double dip

CLEMETINEEEE

Top Bottom