• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temporary GAF Mafia Thread |OT| In which we scheme

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

It's ugly, but it's surprisingly good. It's actually how I was introduced to mafia.

Fair enough. It looks like you're still adding content to the new OP, but I haven't noticed any typos or anything so far.

As always, thanks for the time you're spending on this!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough. It looks like you're still adding content to the new OP, but I haven't noticed any typos or anything so far.

As always, thanks for the time you're spending on this!

No worries. besides, I have extra incentive this time because I get to play. ;3

squidyj

The internet section is basically just forum mafia? You can play games on epicmafia, town of salem, or using video chat services. as is seen on twitch. It's not just forum mafia.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The internet section is basically just forum mafia? You can play games on epicmafia, town of salem, or using video chat services. as is seen on twitch. It's not just forum mafia.

True, but I don't want to people to play town of salem as it is bad and wrongfun.

will fix

squidyj

The other thing I'll say is format-wise it might be a good idea to make some of the resource links more prominent. They sort of hide in sentences in long paragraphs and pages at the moment.

maybe a resources or 'learn more' section with something like?
>basic rules
>common roles
>less common roles and game variants
>terminology

Or giving them catchy image links or something, whatever to make them stand out.

Oh, don't you worry, Blarg, I've been thinking a lot about you while I've been setting up my game. How good ARE you at lines and boxes? It might be important.

One-dimensional
Eyes lie, where does the line end
And the box begin?

I'm not a minigamer

Also: Aoshima? The thing Mabel rides while she's high on Smile Dip?

ye

I volunteer drafted Blarg as a co-mod and submitted the worst possible concept for a game out of no where earlier.

My own platoon and suicide mission eh?

I'll whip 'em greenhorns into hella shape

'Blarg's Boxcutters'

Ourobolus

Banned
Its a space haiku. Yoda dont follow your rules!

9pffNh.jpg

MattyG

Banned
Hey everyone! I've been a little busy the last few days, and I know a couple of you have sent me game setups. I'll get to them soon, I promise!

Hey everyone! I've been a little busy the last few days, and I know a couple of you have sent me game setups. I'll get to them soon, I promise!

You better...
89-050-monokuma.png

actually, hold that thought. I never got an answer from Crab about something, I'll PM him about it

EDIT: ok, he got back to me. I'm going to be editting the roles a bit from the PM I sent you, Matty. I'll let you know when I have it set so you can look at it.

Hobohodo

Next time, make multiple dead threads. Dead from one game can replace inactives in the other game.

The issue here is in the dead thread people are going to want to discuss both games. Sure we wouldn't be discussing it with people from that game, but as discussion about a game is frowned upon outside of its official thread it wouldn't really work.

If replacements are going to be sourced from other games I feel it needs to be a 'dead thread or replacement list' kinda situation.

The issue here is in the dead thread people are going to want to discuss both games. Sure we wouldn't be discussing it with people from that game, but as discussion about a game is frowned upon outside of its official thread it wouldn't really work.

If replacements are going to be sourced from other games I feel it needs to be a 'dead thread or replacement list' kinda situation.

That's what I was gonna say, give everyone a choice. I'd rather not have separate dead threads.

squidyj

I think if you don't want to be a replacement you can ask for the dead threads of other games and talk about them in there. It also helps reading the dead threads at the end of the game, instead of parsing out what will now be 3 games to find stuff related to the game you played, making it easier to follow conversations and lines of thought.

I think if you don't want to be a replacement you can ask for the dead threads of other games and talk about them in there. It also helps reading the dead threads at the end of the game, instead of parsing out what will now be 3 games to find stuff related to the game you played, making it easier to follow conversations and lines of thought.

How many replacements do we honestly need, especially since one of the games is mod kiling? We had 3 replacements last season right, and I believe season 1 only had 1?

I don't even think we really need to do this.

Ourobolus

Banned
If rather have one dead thread. If we need replacements I think we can figure that out, and one dead thread keeps those who are dead around to talk about the goings-on.

squidyj

How many replacements do we honestly need, especially since one of the games is mod kiling? We had 3 replacements last season right, and I believe season 1 only had 1?

I don't even think we really need to do this.

and we're running 3 games with more players this time so I think we can only expect the number to increase. Especially with Traube's game running as much as 30 players but being able to run with as few as 20, seems like we might not have as many people leftover for replacements. Might be a good idea to wait until we have the final signup list though.

Top Bottom