• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenet Delayed Two Weeks to July 31st

ManaByte

The release of Christopher Nolan's Tenet has been delayed two weeks to July 31. Warner Bros. had been set to open the $200 million tentpole on July 17.

Nolan, a devotee of the cinematic experience, has been adamant about sticking to a July date in hopes of providing a boost for theaters ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I haven't been to the cinema since this shit started. Tenet looks like it will break the cycle. This one looks interesting compared to the snooze fest Dunkirk. I hope my town plays it, the cinema plex there is deader than dead.

thefool

We’re not even on the second wave and cases are exploding worldwide :messenger_pensive:.

Stop comparing data that comes from mass testing with what was done 1-2 months ago. Most of europe is reopening and cases spike occasionally in small areas when there's mass testing in-situ. Hospitalizations are way down or stabilizing everywhere after reopening for 3-4 weeks. Both the us and latin america has almost 1 month of delay to europe, it's natural it takes a bit longer to stabilize.
Those daily new infections from april, just multiply them by 10-20.

yesterday 0 people died in spain, finland and norway, 56 in italy, 12 in germany, 28 in france, 10 in belgium, 9 in the netherlands,1 in portugal, 1 in switzerland. 1 in austriia, 1 in denmark. That's the new reality that some still haven't grasped.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Looking forward to it (although all of Nolans films have flaws IMHO) but I can wait another few weeks.

Name one flaw in the dark Knight please !

Christian Bale's ridiculous Batman voice.

source.gif

Kadayi

Banned
extreme nitpicking, this

Jokers motivation might be chaos, but there's no sense rhyme or reason why most of the career criminals in the City would follow him. He steals from the Mafia and then proceeds to burn all their money? That makes zero sense. Similarly how the fuck did he manage to smuggle all of those explosives onto both ferries, without anyone noticing? Sure it makes for a compelling film, but it's a tad thin in places.

Tesseract

Banned
Jokers motivation might be chaos, but there's no sense rhyme or reason why most of the career criminals in the City would follow him. He steals from the Mafia and then proceeds to burn all their money? That makes zero sense. Similarly how the fuck did he manage to smuggle all of those explosives onto both ferries, without anyone noticing? Sure it makes for a compelling film, but it's a tad thin in places.
'you crossed the line first, sir. you hammered them and in their desperation they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.'

joker doesn't give a fuck about organization or control, he's just having fun

the specifics of smuggling the bomb could be ironed with a few extra scenes, but it's not necessary

Last edited:
I haven't been to the cinema since this shit started. Tenet looks like it will break the cycle. This one looks interesting compared to the snooze fest Dunkirk. I hope my town plays it, the cinema plex there is deader than dead.

Did you rewatch Dunkirk after the first time you saw it?

I thought it was shit on first viewing then amazing the second time

Kadayi

Banned
'you crossed the line first, sir. you hammered them and in their desperation they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.'

joker doesn't give a fuck about organization or control, he's just having fun

the specifics of smuggling the bomb could be ironed with a few extra scenes, but it's not necessary

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the Nolan films all suffer from issues of Bombast to a greater or lesser extent, and albeit they're entertaining (I'm a big fan of Inception) let's not pretend they're flawless masterpieces of cinema beyond critique. With all that said, I can't fault Nolan's eye for action. This scene in Dunkirk where you switch from Collins viewpoint on the boat seeing the spitfire come into the frame then switch to the spitfire crossing behind the Bomber and Farrer is outstanding.

I just wish he had someone to slap him (and his brother...AKA Mr Westworld) into shape a bit when it comes to his plotting in places.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Nolan makes great movies, but he's also clearly the type who loves the smell of his own shit.
2 weeks aren't going to do anything for the box office prospects. VOD might be too big a risk, so you just got to put your movies on hold.

Tesseract

Banned
Nolan makes great movies, but he's also clearly the type who loves the smell of his own shit.
2 weeks aren't going to do anything for the box office prospects. VOD might be too big a risk, so you just got to put your movies on hold.
expand, not sure what you mean here

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
expand, not sure what you mean here

He didn't want to delay at all. He thinks his movie is important enough that it should drive people back to theaters.
There is 0 purpose to delaying 2 weeks unless he's hoping that NYC will open up before then.
There's literally no purpose to releasing it now other than he thinks his movie is more important than anything else.

When all is said and done, we'll have a 25 - 30 million opening weekend, and then contact tracers will find that people were infected during screenings.
It's just a recipe for disaster that could be completely avoided if he wasn't so far up his own ass (which typically helps him make great movies).

Tesseract

Banned
He didn't want to delay at all. He thinks his movie is important enough that it should drive people back to theaters.
There is 0 purpose to delaying 2 weeks unless he's hoping that NYC will open up before then.
There's literally no purpose to releasing it now other than he thinks his movie is more important than anything else.

When all is said and done, we'll have a 25 - 30 million opening weekend, and then contact tracers will find that people were infected during screenings.
It's just a recipe for disaster that could be completely avoided if he wasn't so far up his own ass (which typically helps him make great movies).
i meant the up his own ass comment, you need to substantiate that

Last edited:
Top Bottom