• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator: Resistance-dev forced to censor sex scenes by Sony and Microsoft

More under the link.

On one hand I despise this like I do all censorship.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the (hopefully) reaction when people realize that it's not only 'sexy underage anime girls' getting censored, but western games with sex scenes featuring 'adults', too. This censorship was never about protecting anyone. It's about authoritarian puritan values, and now Microsoft got infected by Sony congrats?

Teslerum

More under the link.

On one hand I despise this like I do all censorship.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the (hopefully) reaction when people realize that it's not only 'sexy underage anime girls' getting censored, but western games with sex scenes featuring 'adults', too. This censorship was never about protecting anyone. It's about authoritarian puritan values, and now Microsoft got infected by Sony congrats?

Not really anymore, is it?

There are other groups pushing for the same thing nowadays for different reasons. Puritans lost the battle ages ago.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm sure they're hurt they couldn't use dodgy explicit sex scenes to generate discussion about a game that failed to do that despite having a decently big IP attached, lol.

Funny they don't explain why they didn't have them intact on the PC version despite being asked about it, what a cop out. O o sony forced us, they so evil, please talk about our game, but on PC, um, er, gotta go bye, busy busy.

I bet they didn't mind getting the age rating down to 16 because of it, hence opening more sales, a presence in stores, etc., vs AO only games. If they cared more about a "vision" (3D titties, yay!) then they could release on PC only uncensored to show that's what it's about and not just getting sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: blu

Three

What fanservicey/anime breast game was greenlit on an xbox? None and a lot less than Playstation. The only difference was a difference in DMC that was patched after too. Super seducer released on xbox even when the developer wanted to? nope.

Last edited:

stranno

If anyone is wondering..

5:01:10
6:01:20

The second one is absolutely hilarious since you are having sex with the Jeniffer in a house without walls, 10 meters from a group of soldiers, 40 meters from the shelter door and Baron doesnt even notice xDD

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
If anyone is wondering..

5:01:10
6:01:20

The second one is absolutely hilarious since you are having sex with the Jeniffer in a house without walls, 10 meters from a group of soldiers, 40 meters from the shelter door and Baron doesnt even notice xDD
So are the black screens in between the censored stuff, or is this an uncensored version?

Gerdav

If these woke SJW assholes are allowed to continue at this rate our great great grandchildren will not know what sex is never mind how to conceive naturally, after choosing which of the by then 6 billion genders they choose to identify as reproduction will involve going to a medical appointment exclusively as I’m sure by then the male gender as we know it will be extinct.

belmarduk

Games should just be made that are going to be fun! Offending people's religious sensibilities is not something which should be considered.

Cravis

Welp, that explains the reason for the delay till January. I found it kinda odd since I was able to preload the entire game.

See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and censor art like it’s something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that.

Yeah, I am gonna censor art.

- Sony & Microsoft 2019

giphy.gif

Cravis

This reminds me when BMX XXX was released and Sony and MS had them censor some things but Nintendo didn’t. Oh the irony of that situation. Maybe these guys need to port Terminator to the switch to get it released with those scenes intact 😆

Coconutt

I wonder if they'll go back to older games and censor them. I played The Order 1886 recently and I was surprised that there was straight penis shown, no mosaic or anything, never seen one in a game before.

Ar¢tos

I wonder if they'll go back to older games and censor them. I played The Order 1886 recently and I was surprised that there was straight penis shown, no mosaic or anything, never seen one in a game before.
Outlast has 2 that you can glare at for as long as you want.

stranno

The game is bad enough to have a sex scene? They probably censored it after the Ride to Hell sex scene fiasco.
The game is a pretty decent Borderlands clone. It is short and waaaaay too easy tho.

I'd say it is the best Terminator game ever developed after Bethesda's SkyNet and Future Shock.

Ar¢tos

Are they spooky? Intrigued either way
Don’t know, never got that far in the game. 2 naked big dirty guys chase you in several parts of the game, but near the end they are not aggressive and just stand there. There are YT videos that show it, but don't linger enough to see details.

It's dumb but it's also a shitty Terminator game that tried to have a sex scene. I feel like the majority playing this game are going to be kids who get suckered in by the ip and Terminator fans who like being repeatedly disappointed by this over the hill franchise. So yeah, hard to lose any sleep over it even if I don't like the idea of mama and papa companies trying to dictate what is and isn't allowed in the products I buy.

Journey

Banned
Good, reproduction is gross as anyway. I prefer dead people and gore as that is much more harmless.

Blowing someone's head into pieces or cutting someone in half with a chainsaw is far less traumatizing to kids than exposing them to a nipple, for heavens sake! not the nipple! :messenger_astonished:

Nipplegate!!

Top Bottom