• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator: Resistance-dev forced to censor sex scenes by Sony and Microsoft

What a stupid comparison.
Not being bothered with censorship = being a Nazi
Go to Era, you will feel right at home there.

No, it a great comparison actually since the nazis loved censorship, too.

And gtfo with Resetera. On Resetera you'd have no two options, only one 'correct' choice. šŸ’

Skyfox

Damn, Im actually working my slowly through this game and really enjoying it. Pissed to find out about this.

The Mature rating these days is practically useless. Sony and MS needs to know that these Sjws don't buy their games nor their platform just because they need to please those morons.

-Troid-

Banned
Can't sell it in China with all those American expressionistic design choices. We're fucked, guys. You have no idea how bad this is going to get.

As annoying as SJWs are, China worries me the most when it comes to outside influence on the creative vision of games. It's ridiculous how many companies cater to such a corrupt government. We should be more worried about real communists than the wannabes on tumblr.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Not trying to offend anyone here personally but just sitting and bitching on a forum won't do shit. You might as well go complain to a tree. Unless people and I mean a lot of people, a shit load of people complain directly to companies via any and all social media and directly to those companies then nothing will change, ever. Unless you make a big stink about it they will continue it. Complaining here is useless.

I state my case somewhat regularly to companies like Sony but without a lot of other folks I'm just shouting into the wind and my feeble attempts to start a cause have been as useless. Guess I'm not a good organizer.

More under the link.

On one hand I despise this like I do all censorship.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the (hopefully) reaction when people realize that it's not only 'sexy underage anime girls' getting censored, but western games with sex scenes featuring 'adults', too. This censorship was never about protecting anyone. It's about authoritarian puritan values, and now Microsoft got infected by Sony congrats?

So WTF is going to happen to CyberPunk? ! What's stopping them to remove or censor the shit out of the game!!!

a little scripted game like Terminator got hit big time šŸ¤”..disgusting, developers has no room for artistic approach/design (for research purposes šŸ¤­šŸ¤­šŸ¤­) ..naah, our hobby is @#$%&

If you don't care in this case, you support censorship. The Germans that looked the other way during the nazis' Holocaust were good people, too, huh?
...didn't take long to equate this with the Holocaust, did it?

That being said, if it was actually Sony and Microsoft doing it, why would the PC version also be censored, even if the files were still accessible via mod? I feel like there's more here than they're letting on. And that this was a rather strategic comment designed to help push a rather "meh" game based on controversy.

So WTF is going to happen to CyberPunk? ! What's stopping them to remove or censor the shit out of the game!!!

a little scripted game like Terminator got hit big time šŸ¤”..disgusting, developers has no room for artistic approach/design (for research purposes šŸ¤­šŸ¤­šŸ¤­) ..naah, our hobby is @#$%&
Probably the same thing that happened to Catherine, Metro, etc.

ie: nothing.

This keeps getting overblown like it's some sort of epidemic when people can only point to this allegedly happening once in a blue moon.

There are other groups pushing for the same thing nowadays for different reasons. Puritans lost the battle ages ago.
They may want to call themselves something else, the result is the same. If it quacks like a cat it's probably a dog.

But seriously, those who thought that MS was somehow going to let Sony out do them on that front did not understand what MS's stated intents were... I mean, the whole company's policies are based around the same set of ideas that brought Sony to do the same (I would argue that most top 500 companies are in the same bandwagon, so good luck fighting the SJW train outside this forum).

vkbest

I didn't know this game existed until now. I suppose this game is crap like others popular movie franchises, right?

I didn't know this game existed until now. I suppose this game is crap like others popular movie franchises, right?

It was what I thought it would be, but not from what I have read and heard. It's a game created with genuine love for the series, and it seems to play as an open world FPS with light RPG elements.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
God bless the morality police making sure dirty reproduction and love isn't a part of our culture and ensuring the focus is entirely on violence and murder. well done! /s

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
On one hand i hate censorship.

On the other hand, sex scenes in videogames are always awful, cringe inducing shit.

Problem is that they are not part of gameplay so they always end looking forced, but not more forced that the usually awful storytelling in them.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
On one hand i hate censorship.

On the other hand, sex scenes in videogames are always awful, cringe inducing shit.
Yeah, I just dont get it. Never have got it. All the bullshit about having 'relationships' in games I find weird too.

Just, why.

NAI1210

Nowhere in that article is there proof of Sony or Microsoft asking for the scenes to be censored, it would have been uncensored on pc without a work around needed, think the reason is the developer didn't want to face any backlash for releasing it with more graphic sex scenes, also was this the version they put forward for the rating, or did they get an M rating for an uncensored version, they then censored themselves on pc, makes no sense but at least people are more aware of the games existence now with this fake controversy šŸ˜‰

Nowhere in that article is there proof of Sony or Microsoft asking for the scenes to be censored, it would have been uncensored on pc without a work around needed, think the reason is the developer didn't want to face any backlash for releasing it with more graphic sex scenes, also was this the version they put forward for the rating, or did they get an M rating for an uncensored version, they then censored themselves on pc, makes no sense but at least people are more aware of the games existence now with this fake controversy šŸ˜‰
Yeah, the idea that they'd censor a PC release because of two console publishers is a touch weird but, eh.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
does the terminator have sex with wamen?

if positive

then is he considered a giant sex toy?

pls confirm

These questions remind of the bar scene in T3. All of the horny strip bar chicks wanted to bang Arnie.

It's ironic. You know how many women/feminist/sjw's would be raging the fuck out if in that movie it was a female terminator protecting john instead of arnie, and she walks into a bar with men cheering a nude woman instead?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

It's ironic. You know how many women/feminist/sjw's would be raging the fuck out if in that movie it was a female terminator protecting john instead of arnie, and "she" walks into a bar with men cheering a nude woman instead?
They would definitely rage about the breast expansion scene if the movie came out today. ;)

They should release the game with the scenes locked behind a cheat and when it's time release the up up down in on the title screen cheat. Brilliant.

Top Bottom