• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tesla cracks $1000/share

ManofOne

Plus Member
mvb9miv8e1a61.jpg

11 MILL! and dude won't cash out :messenger_fearful:

You'd be surprise how much money was made in 2020 by RobinHood account holders. While he has done exceptionally well, I know people who made 5-6 times that in the last year. Betting on one or two single stocks.

He should diversify thou to reduce his downside risk.

Can anyone recommend a book to know about stock market ? Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific? What is your interest? Do you just want to know what a stock is? Are you interested in looking at stocks through a particular way? Value investing, technical analysis, swing trading?

Jethalal

Banned
Can you be more specific? What is your interest? Do you just want to know what a stock is? Are you interested in looking at stocks through a particular way? Value investing, technical analysis, swing trading?
Just a beginner's guide kinda book tbh, knowing about terms and maybe with history of the market.

This is way, way out of control. It's getting close to breaking $1,000 a share, again, after a 5:1 split.

I don't know who is buying but I'm not going to complain. The likelihood of a mass selloff increases every day like this but let's be honest here, the best defense against a 50% crash is a 1,000% gain!

Not really what I meant :messenger_squinting_tongue: My bad though.

Can't always read the wikipedia pages, schools wouldn't exist then.
Nevermind, I'll check something else out.

That Wikipedia page is free, and it does have a lot of basic information that you might want to know.

I've read a lot of books on the subject. There are many competing theories about how the stock market works and how you should invest. Soros writing on that is really interesting. I believe in the Alchemy of Finance he explains his theory of reflexivity which is actually fairly novel, as it proposes a theory that explains why the stock market behavior changes over time.

HoodWinked

I was thinking what exactly would cause Tesla stock to fall at this point. recently a biotech stock fell 50% after trial showed no benefit over placebo. What would be the equivalent for a car company?

nITIcoZ.png

The way Tesla stock has kept jumping up is probably because of all the short attempts which has kept increasing the stock but the problem is there are plenty that have faith in the stock so there aren't a lack of buyers that would cause the shares to tank. They've continued to make their numbers and I just don't see how with Musk there they'd miss them so the stock will keep going up as long as there are people that keep betting against it. Would need to be some catastrophic event like Musk suddenly died or stepped down.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I was thinking what exactly would cause Tesla stock to fall at this point. recently a biotech stock fell 50% after trial showed no benefit over placebo. What would be the equivalent for a car company?

nITIcoZ.png

The way Tesla stock has kept jumping up is probably because of all the short attempts which has kept increasing the stock but the problem is there are plenty that have faith in the stock so there aren't a lack of buyers that would cause the shares to tank. They've continued to make their numbers and I just don't see how with Musk there they'd miss them so the stock will keep going up as long as there are people that keep betting against it. Would need to be some catastrophic event like Musk suddenly died or stepped down.

If Tesla car sales suddenly tank I guess, but with all the old car companies struggling to make Tesla killers doubt that will happen soon. I think Tesla is taking too long to make that cheap electric car model though.

Last edited:
We got some crazy news drops the last 5 hours on Tesla and news about Chinese expansion being among one of tjose.

Likely pass $1000 on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on Mondays reaction.

A lot of people sold at peak drop this morning due to fear, but that was a bad decision because now it's back up close to where it was at open. I hope the 400k guy in this thread didn't sell out of panic, he could have gotten more.

I had a client gift me $1K of ASX > TTB (Total Brain), they're nothing flash at the moment but an emerging tech that just finished a 2 year brain app/mining trial with Cisco employees and won a 5 year contract. A long burn from my client's mouth as he knows the founder but I'll just let that gift sit there and see what comes in the next years on this one. They're also enabling doctors and hospitals to analyse and execute mental health prescriptions correctly and with repeatable measurements in place. Apparently the founder of Walmart is going to be on the board this year as they scale up.

ASX > TBB working out alright so far, they announced a tax incentive from the Aus govt yesterday and it puts me up 32.67%. Thanks for the $325 gain.

Total Brain Limited (ASX: TTB), is pleased to advise that it has received a research and development (R&D) tax refund of $1.1 million as part of the Australian government’s R&D tax incentive. This incentive recognises the important research activities undertaken by the Company during the financial year ended 30 June 2020.

The interesting part is they'll likely be up for the same incentive program this financial year, ends June 30 down under.

Cyberpunkd

Just a beginner's guide kinda book tbh, knowing about terms and maybe with history of the market.
A Random Walk Down Wall Street, I will summarize it for you: If you are not a professional analyst and do not have access to proprietary information or deep industry knowledge start investing and putting the same amount regularly into an ETF that mirrors e.g. S&P 500. Even if you are a professional analyst do so anyway - historic data over the last few decades showed stock market on average outperforming vast majority of hedge funds and asset managers.

There is no correlation between technical analysis, fundamental analysis and stock performance. You will have legions of analysts trying to convince you otherwise but once again - historic data shows that to be false. It's basically people trying to justify their decisions and why they have a job.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
My valuation for tesla is around 1,200 but the 14 day RSI is showing me a severely overbought stock with a higher than average frequency.

It's not worth 1,200 yet.

Dan Ives of Web-bush agrees with $1,200 valuation of tesla.

"Tesla Inc.’s stock could touch $1,250 in a bull-case scenario as consumer demand for greener cars surges in China, Wedbush analyst Dan Ives wrote in a Jan. 14 note.

Ives raised his price target for Palo Alto, California-based Tesla to $950 a share from $751 to reflect the stronger demand for electric vehicles. Shares in the world’s leading maker of EVs soared 743% last year and are currently trading at $845. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk is now the richest person on Earth.

“The hearts and lungs of the Tesla bull thesis is centered around China as we have seen consumer demand skyrocket into 2021 not just for Model 3s, but for impressive domestic competitors such as Nio, Xpeng, Li Auto and others,” Ives said. “As such, we have significantly raised our forecasts with our expectations that Tesla now exceeds the 1 million delivery threshold in 2022 and could start to approach 5 million deliveries annually by the end of the decade.”

It's worth around $1,200 as I said and Ives reiterated the same thing I said that things need to go perfect for next year like in 2020 for Tesla.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Last edited:
Tesla eating shit recently with its downward spiral to -

$595.97

Probably heading back up with the soon to be announced updated Cybertruck and this quarter fin results.

MrMephistoX

Tesla eating shit recently with its downward spiral to -

$595.97

Probably heading back up with the soon to be announced updated Cybertruck and this quarter fin results.
I have some shares...I feel like it’s a good ling term investment and probably going to pop again after COVID WFH policies start ending. It’s like right now what’s the point in leasing a meeting car or a second car for couples when you don’t have to drive to two different locations.

I have some shares...I feel like it’s a good ling term investment and probably going to pop again after COVID WFH policies start ending. It’s like right now what’s the point in leasing a meeting car or a second car for couples when you don’t have to drive to two different locations.
I'm the same, holding mine long term too. It's just wild to see the Tesla price swings.

Top Bottom