• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com Presents OCTOBERKAST 2! 24 Hour Podcasting for Child's Play (10/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

Keep in mind this year's an election year and some people have been donating to political causes as well. Might be a factor in the contributions being less.

lLN1c.jpg

Ketch

I've been listening in the background, but I'm not sure if I heard it right. Do Will and Ryan really not get along?

Keep in mind this year's an election year and some people have been donating to political causes as well. Might be a factor in the contributions being less.

Also they are no longer a part of Whiskey Media probably didn't get as big an influx as last year because of Giant Bomb. Last year Giant Bomb streamed it on their site as well.

I've been listening in the background, but I'm not sure if I heard it right. Do Will and Ryan really not get along?

Ryan always came across as rather sharp to Will to me anyway. On TNT they were talking about this and Ryan came up with some excuse about not being able to fit it into his calendar. I'm sure that's true but Ryan always came across to me as irritated by Will.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ryan always came across as rather sharp to Will to me anyway. On TNT they were talking about this and Ryan came up with some excuse about not being able to fit it into his calendar. I'm sure that's true but Ryan always came across to me as irritated by Will.

That's not really true because he showed up earlier in the oktoberkast.

chogidogs

Ryan's a dick to everybody. He dropped by when they started so I'm sure it's nothing.

Still #FuckRyanDavis

netBuff

You know that Ryan was one of the first guests on this years Octoberkast? So it was obviously important enough to him to find a way to fit visiting Testend into his schedule.

Will Smith was also guesting on a TNT some months ago.

And just a few moments ago, Will said that he and Ryan get along really well. I never got any real antipathy out of their interactions, it always seemed like jovial and friendly ribbing.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Chipped in as well, I finally got my PayPal account working today, so this is the first transaction I made with it.

It's not much, but it's something!

Noaloha

Thank you for the straight 14 hours of astonishingly consistent entertainment that I just consumed.

Damn fine show guys.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Whiskey Media logo made me sad :(

Why did they sell Tested and Giant Bomb, again? Were they just not making enough money on their own?

jediyoshi

Why did they sell Tested and Giant Bomb, again? Were they just not making enough money on their own?

It's just the usual start up incubator route, lots of people usually invest in start ups only to try and sell them off later. Probably made off well considering how much ComicVine had going for it alone.

No_Style

I think they should have done more check ins with the donations. I remember Gary being ecstatic every time he looked at the number.

Curufinwe

I missed the whole thing but I hope the audio will be up as iTunes podcasts before the power inevitably goes out on Monday.

Gomu Gomu

Missed almost all of it :( .
I hope they archive it fast. I'm interested in hearing the following:
- Idlethumbs crew.
- Jeff Gertsman.
- Jeff Green.
- Adam Savage.

Any other awesome bits I have to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom