• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TESV: Skyrim Game Informer info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethesda I flipping love you. I am so excited. I know Oblivion had it's flaws but I played it on the 360 and loved every bit of the 300 hours I spent with it. I also loved Morrowind on the xbox :)

ZeroRay

MrBig said:

Didn't say they haven't made any games in between, just that they're more used to the current technology. Their experience with Fallout can only help Skyrim, assuming they learned from their mistakes/shortcomings.

TTG

DennisK4 said:
I hate that we get another Elder Scrolls this gen - because the gen has gone on far too long!

It would be perfect if we got one Elder Scrolls and one Fallout per generation from Betsheda. That way each game would represent a massive grahical improvement and be spaced far enough to not get stale. And maybe a game or two from Obsidian. I would like to see Obsidian do a game in the TES universe.

Betsheda obviously think that they can't wait for this piss-poor gen to be over - that would just leave money on the table. But honestly, with the shitty console limitations, this game can't progress all that far beyond Oblivion.

It's going to be 3 years after FO3 if Skyrim is not delayed or whatever, and like 5 and a half since Oblivion. It's not going to be stale. It's not like they're any good on the technical side either. I'd rather they work on platforms they're familiar with instead of putting out a janky looking launch title.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
ZeroRay said:
Didn't say they haven't made any games in between, just that they're more used to the current technology. Their experience with Fallout can only help Skyrim, assuming they learned from their mistakes/shortcomings.

Aside from the constant shitty animations they forget to fix in every game, Fallout 3 was a good step in the right direction.

everything sounds cool except level scaling, plus I hope they improved levelling skills as in oblivion I would constantly cast 1 mana cost custom spells to level up the skills, the sound effects being burned into my brain :lol

Dennis

Banned
"Behind The Scenes Of Skyrim" Game Informer video:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/10/video-behind-the-scenes-of-skyrim.aspx

On our recent visit to Bethesda Game Studios, Todd Howard (Skyrim's director) was kind enough to give us a full tour of their new office. The team is hard at work creating Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but there are still plenty of fun distractions within these hallowed halls, along with a number of glimpses at the new game. From behind-the-scenes design concepts to a map of Skyrim, there are lots of exciting details to pore over.

bengraven said:
Haters gonna hate. I love CRPGs, but I also love Bethesda and Bioware games despite the streamlining they've done lately to pander to the mainstream.

If I could get:

1) Bethesda's worlds
2) Bioware's dialogue and characters
3) Blizzard's game and art design

In one game...I would die of an orgasm.
Nail on the head, man. Me too.

Sipowicz

Banned
Nirolak said:
Morrowind did run on the Xbox, so it's definitely technically feasible.

It's just I have no idea who would actually want to make one, given the state of Western support for the system.

Bethesda pretty much ruled out doing it themselves as well.

the only chance i could see of a wrpg on the 3DS would be a game made by obsidian, and even that seems highly unlikely. bethesda and bioware will never go near the system. the closest they'll get to the 3DS is seeing someone playing it on a bus

Ledsen

bengraven said:
Haters gonna hate. I love CRPGs, but I also love Bethesda and Bioware games despite the streamlining they've done lately to pander to the mainstream.

If I could get:

1) Bethesda's worlds

Remove Blizzard from the equation and I'm game. I don't know who I'd want to do the art design though... wrpgs aren't exactly known for that part :lol

Dennis

Banned
bengraven said:

If I could get:

1) Bethesda's worlds

Fuck no. I hate the Blizzard art design. Ridiculous armor shoulderpads cartoon style. No thanks.

Lets hope it doesn't infect Diablo 3 too much.....

bengraven

DennisK4 said:
Fuck no. I hate the Blizzard art design. Ridiculous armor shoulderpads cartoon style. No thanks.

I don't necessarily mean the gear, I'm talking about beautiful art like

58019_WorldOfWarcraftCataclysm-ConceptArt-03_normal.jpg

barbarian_concept_art.jpg

bengraven

Those cities are nice and spread out, but PLEASE

PLEASE

Let there be several settlements and each settlement have more than just one quest.

Ledsen

DennisK4 said:

Holy shit I agree with DennisK4... what has the world come to.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ledsen said:
Remove Blizzard from the equation and I'm game. I don't know who I'd want to do the art design though... wrpgs aren't exactly known for that part :lol

Epic (Chair in particular). They did brilliant job with Infinity Blade. All these swords, armors, helmets... yummy.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm sure if Blizzad set their sites on more down to earth designs, they could pull it off better than just about anyone.

Ledsen

The Lamonster said:
:lol @ you guys trashing Blizzards art design.

I'm not really trashing it. It's cohesive, professional and consistently high quality stuff... I just think it looks like shit :lol

No seriously, it's not my style at all.

subversus said:
Epic (Chair in particular). They did brilliant job with Infinity Blade. All these swords, armors, helmets... yummy.

Yeah it does look good, haven't seen enough of it though.

Wallach

I am far too hyped for this game considering how far away it is. My Elder Scrolls Nord obsession is going to be at eleven this time around.

Dennis

Banned
It would be fantastic if there were seasons in the game so that in Summer everything would be green and sunny and in Winter it would be deep winter with the same areas now covered in snow. I mean, it is not like the Nordic countries are covered in snow year round.

Mafia 2 had different seasons - that was awesome.

Darklord

Banned
DennisK4 said:
It would be fantastic if there were seasons in the game so that in Summer everything would be green and sunny and in Winter it would be deep winter with the same areas now covered in snow. I mean, it is not like the Nordic countries are covered in snow year round.

Mafia 2 had different seasons - that was awesome.

Dynamic or story set? Because if it was in Elder Scrolls it would need to be Dynamic.

Gestahl

bengraven said:

If I could get:

1) Bethesda's worlds

Bioware is not good at dialogue. They're no Bethesda, but it's still not a standard that deserves to be aspired to.

Danneee

DennisK4 said:
Story set. You start out in winter.

One day we will get full dynamic weather and real seasons in an open-world RPG and it will be glorious.

Yeah, and each season will last two whole in game days!

Branduil

It would be neat if someone made a mod which added the Oblivion and Morrowind worlds to Skyrim. Obviously some of the plots and dates wouldn't really fit, but who cares?

Tr4nce

Yeah, the map has me worried about only one thing though:

Will Skyrim have also some lush, green environments seeing how much mountains there are?

Dennis

Banned
Branduil said:
It would be neat if someone made a mod which added the Oblivion and Morrowind worlds to Skyrim. Obviously some of the plots and dates wouldn't really fit, but who cares?
All Tamriel as one seamless world, please. Maybe in 2024.

commissar

Tr4nce said:
Yeah, the map has me worried about only one thing though:

Will Skyrim have also some lush, green environments seeing how much mountains there are?
Mountain county still has forests, they're just alpine trees instead

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mr_Brit said:
If that ever comes to fruitition I really hope it flops hardcore. It's bad enough that we've had one amazing RPG series robbed from us by MMOs(KOTOR), having ES become an MMO series would just be too much to handle.
Well, here are some domain names they registered not too long ago.

superannuation said:
ns1.zenimax.com…

domains using this as nameserver…
elderscrollsmmo.com
elderscrollsmmo.net
elderscrollsmmog.com
elderscrollsmmog.net
elderscrollsonline.com
elderscrollsonline.net
theelderscrollsmmo.com
theelderscrollsmmo.net
theelderscrollsmmog.com
theelderscrollsmmog.net
theelderscrollsonline.net
Source: http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/163418949/ns1-zenimax-com-domains-using-this-as

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom