• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texan enraged by Taco Bell burrito price hike gets in shootout with police

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
jmdajr said:
Obviously the dude has problems and for whatever reason this was his breaking point...

I guess I would flip out too if one day I couldn't afford taco bell either

This. I wonder what else was going on in his life that made him snap.

Acidote

Darkshier said:
The Falling Down pictures are perfect for this thread. I'm just glad nobody got hurt because fuckwad here decided to shoot at cops because of his overpriced shitrito. Could have been a lot worse.

It was the first thing that came to my mind as I was reading the topic title, and so the picture :p

Satchwar said:
As a Texan, I can say that we don't all go about shooting at people over Taco Bell.

But generally speaking, we have been known to get violent over Popeyes.
Violence over Popeyes is perfectly reasonable

CrankyJay

Banned
Sp3eD said:
a 50% price hike is bullshit. While I don't condone his actions, I do support his rage. Too many places get away with that shit.

Upon reading the article, the manager claimed the $.99 price was a promotion they were running, so I wouldn't really consider this a price hike.

I was upset when they took the Chicken Flatbread Sandwiches off the menu. Those things were delicious. My story isn't as cool, though. I just went to Chipotle instead.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CrankyJay said:
That bites. Not sure what the beef is with this guy. It's a cheesy situation but I'm glad the police were able to wrap it up.

Son, I am disappoint.

Lunchbox said:
they are in texas

we dont classify them as "people"

Eat a bag of dicks.

Personally, I can't understand why Taco Bell even exists, in San Antonio, TX, a city where you can get some of the best Tex-Mex and Mexican food in the world. Even if you want fast food and don't wanna go to an awesome local Taqueria, San Antonio is the home of Taco Cabana.

To me, that is proof the man was insane, not the shootout.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Heysoos said:
I've only seen the Long John Silver / Taco Bell combo stores where I live. :(
I've never even heard of that combo store yet - is that an east coast thing? Only seen Taco Bell/KFC and KFC/A&W combos here in the west.

lljride said:
Ehh..I dunno. TC's gone downhill or something, but it's never any good when I go there lately. Taco Bell is shit too of course, but it's sort of a guilty pleasure.

The TC on Thousand Oaks near Jones Maltsberger is actually really good. They put the right amount of everything into the bowls and burritos (like they used to) instead of the tiny amount of BS they put in at other locations I've been to.

XiaNaphryz said:
I've never even heard of that combo store yet - is that an east coast thing? Only seen Taco Bell/KFC and KFC/A&W combos here in the west.

We've even got one on the north side of town with a TB/KFC/Pizza Hut we call the "triple threat".

Dresden

hikarutilmitt said:
We've even got one on the north side of town with a TB/KFC/Pizza Hut we call the "triple threat".
So their pizza tastes like lukewarm tacos and tacos smell like old chicken and their chicken has pizza grease all over it. Nice.

Pastry

Banned
-NeoTB1- said:
Any moron who eats Taco Hell in SAN ANTONIO deserves to have the swat team come down on his ass...
Bingo. I was born an raised in San Antonio and we have hands down the beat Mexican food in the US why bother with Taco Bell. I would for sure shoot the police over El Milagrito or Rosarios though.

Damn you Obama, raising burrito prices and bringing down our once great nation! How can they even prosecute this man for exercising freedom of expression? I mean, the queers are allowed to march in direct contradiction to the bible unimpeded, but a real man can't fire a shot or two in the air when the librul elite muslin agenda reaches to the core of our very food distribution centers? America, I don't even know you anymore. SMH.

Who gives a shit about Taco Bell anyway?

chipotle-570x413.jpg

lljride

hikarutilmitt said:
The TC on Thousand Oaks near Jones Maltsberger is actually really good. They put the right amount of everything into the bowls and burritos (like they used to) instead of the tiny amount of BS they put in at other locations I've been to.

Cool, thanks. I usually go to the one on 281 and Evans, maybe it's just a location thing.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Please don't tell me people buy that many burritos to just eat in one sitting.

Salvor.Hardin said:
Who gives a shit about Taco Bell anyway?

chipotle-570x413.jpg

High five for Chipotle. So much better and better for you. Plus by the time you buy most of the crap at TB you'd be paying for a Chipotle burrito anyway.

lljride said:
Cool, thanks. I usually go to the one on 281 and Evans, maybe it's just a location thing.

Likely so. There's one by my apartment that's awful, one a bit further out that's better, one by my wife's office that's almost as good as the one I just described and a terrible one over on Hildebrande (which may actually be the first one, I think).

Satch

Banned
How much does a Chipotle burrito cost? I know at Taco Bell I can get a 5 layer burrito combo that comes with two crunchy tacos and a drink for $4.32.

Satchwar said:
How much does a Chipotle burrito cost? I know at Taco Bell I can get a 5 layer burrito combo that comes with two crunchy tacos and a drink for $4.32.

My usual Carnitas burrito is $6.25 before taxes. It's also freaking huge compared to any of the limp stuff at Taco Bell, though. It's also more fresh.

C4Lukins

What sort of an ass hole goes to a Taco Bell when they are in San Antonio? He was obviously already a disturbed individual.

Mashing

XiaNaphryz said:
But Chipotle is the Taco Bell of San Francisco style burrito places. :(

I only know of three burrito chains in Houston. Chipolte, Freebirds and Bullritos. I'm sure there's more but those are the only three I know of off the top of my head.

Kunan

Today, here in Ottawa, a guy argued with the manager for goodness knows how long that the McFlurries were 2.79 despite a poster saying 2.69. You would've thought they had killed his wife he was so mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom