• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas will require aborted fetuses to be cremated or buried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppo

yeah, keep the gov't out of our affairs.

oh, i can torture a woman who disagrees with my views? alrighty then.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Following criticism from medical providers, the state’s Health and Human Services Commission clarified that the requirement does not apply to miscarriages or abortions that take place at home. It also does not require birth or death certificates to be filed, to maintain confidentiality.

Woah woah what?

Sullichin

Can someone explain to me what's in it for the republicans that they would expend so much effort to put something like this into law.

Why would Republicans want to give anyone more benefits? Those fetuses have bootstraps, don't they?

Those fetuses should've thought about that before they had mothers who couldn't afford them.

I'd put in a sarcasm tag, but since that is the exact point Republicans seem to be making with laws like this (which you know they will refuse to fund), I just don't know any more. Dumb fuckers.

I am confident is reiterating what many are saying in this thread.

This is just fucking evil. Like, holy shit is this an awful thing to impose on women.

Kettch

a process that can cost hospitals and abortion providers several thousands dollars in each case. But department spokeswoman Carrie Williams said the cost shouldn’t be a concern.

It's not a concern? So the department is paying for it then?

Woah woah what?

yeah, the tried and true coathanger wire method (may cause minor side effects like permanent infertility or death). Exempting that lines up well with the notion that Republicans want to punish women for having sex (other than for procreation within a marriage).

Ac30

Can someone explain to me what's in it for the republicans that they would expend so much effort to put something like this into law.

So they can pretend they give a shit about being good Christians so they can keep hiding in the closet while fucking over their families, the LGBT community, the poor, women, people of colour, the environment, et cetera. Family values assholes are always the worst.

Dryk

Are cremation and incineration legally distinct? Because they're the same damn process under different names.

Samara

yeah, the tried and true coathanger wire method (may cause minor side effects like permanent infertility or death). Exempting that lines up well with the notion that Republicans want to punish women for having sex (other than for procreation within a marriage).

That or women can take some ulcer/cancer medication or some herbs like castor oil to abort. There are other ways, but the government wants the knowledge of the safe and sure way reduced.

Soon they'll have women burying their menstruation.

If they could force women to apologize for being women in every interaction they have with a man, they would.

It just pisses me off knowing how many of these pro-life people in and out of politics are pure hypocrites

Dai Kaiju

I work in a pathology lab for a large hospital system and we receive miscarriage specimens.

Anything over 20 weeks is done as an autopsy and a funeral home will pick up the remains and fulfill the wishes of the parents.

Anything under 20 weeks is a surgical specimen. All fetal specimens are set aside and collected in bulk, picked up by a funeral home and incinerated.

I would imagine it's pretty standard practice amongst hospitals already.

The post in the OP says they're normally disposed of in "sanitary landfills"...which, I'll be honest, kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom