• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

I think they'd more want to do Dragonball before tackling GT

They seem to HATE GT

As someone who grew up with DB instead of DBZ, I've always wanted them to do DB and its weirdness.

ReiGun

Given the way they portrayed Cell in this episode, I'm not sure why he wants to kill Goku. You think he'd want to fight him for forever.

Remember that Cell is an android. He's probably programmed to kill Goku. Also, he just enjoys killing in general, and once he kills Goku, he's free to destroy Earth and go elsewhere to kill more.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
SAO is bad. Don't bother. It's not even bad in an interesting way. I seemingly have a higher tolerance for bullshit than most people. Like I don't think Batman vs Superman is really that bad of a film. I think you can actually have an interesting conversation about that film, even if you think it's bad. But SAO is just dumb. It's a waste of brain cells. The reasons for why it is bad aren't interesting or funny. Just lazy and dumb.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SAO is bad. Don't bother. It's not even bad in an interesting way. I seemingly have a higher tolerance for bullshit than most people. Like I don't think Batman vs Superman is really that bad of a film. I think you can actually have an interesting conversation about that film, even if you think it's bad. But SAO is just dumb. It's a waste of brain cell. The reasons for why it is bad aren't interesting or funny. Just lazy and dumb.

That's why SAO Abridged is so much better.
Takes the concept and makes a good story out of it.

caliph95

I only seen the abridged and the billion reviews of it when i got bored
Pretty sure that show wasn't for me and i bet the reviews is more entertaining

Sheroking

I think they'd more want to do Dragonball before tackling GT

They seem to HATE GT

As someone who grew up with DB instead of DBZ, I've always wanted them to do DB and its weirdness.

By the time they're done, they will have spent well over a decade abridging this show. I don't see them doing GT because GT couldn't be less relevant now.

If they continue at all, I have to think it'll either be Dragon Ball or Super. I do wonder if Toei would give them fits if Super is still ongoing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
By the time they're done, they will have spent well over a decade abridging this show. I don't see them doing GT because GT couldn't be less relevant now.

If they continue at all, I have to think it'll either be Dragon Ball or Super. I do wonder if Toei would give them fits if Super is still ongoing.

If they do Super it'll be a lot easier on them. After they catch up they'll have a lot of time between arcs to do whatever.

KingBroly

Banned
Remember that Cell is an android. He's probably programmed to kill Goku. Also, he just enjoys killing in general, and once he kills Goku, he's free to destroy Earth and go elsewhere to kill more.

Seems pretty obvious that their depiction of Cell is obsessed with defeating Goku as some sort of completion to his life.

Well, as the other Androids have shown, they have free will to do as they please.

Neoxon

Well, as the other Androids have shown, they have free will to do as they please.
Only 16 was hard-coded with the mission of killing Goku (at least of the Android Trio). 17 & 18 don't really care either way, hence why they were willing to help the good guys out when Cell entered the fray.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I thought they said that they want to do either GT or Super, but that they pretty much knew which one it was and they weren't going to tell yet.

What they do depends on whether super is still running in several years when they finish the buu saga.

I doubt they'd want to risk making Toei really irate by redubbing a show they're still producing.

So rewatching the episode it occurs that:

When Goku tells Trunks he learned instant transmission from "eating their sick" I always thought that he meant like eating Yardrat vomit. But, now it turns out he was eating sick Yardrats.

That... puts a new spin on it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So rewatching the episode it occurs that:

When Goku tells Trunks he learned instant transmission from "eating their sick" I always thought that he meant like eating Yardrat vomit. But, now it turns out he was eating sick Yardrats.

That... puts a new spin on it.

Well, at least now we know where Cell got the whole drinking people thing from...

Ray Down

Banned
On future TFS from info on AP from Robby:

They said at Anime North they's zero plans for doing Super because the powers that be are being SUPER crazy about pulling things related to it. It's too new. But by the time they actually finish Z years down the line, who knows? Thoguh I could have sworn Kaiser say it be a bitch to edit too.

They also don't particularly want to do classic Dragon Ball because they'd lose the entire cast.

They thrown around the idea of redoing Saiyan saga.

And not one of them like GT so why would they commit years of their lives to doing it? Even crazily abridged those 64 episodes would still take like 15-20 episodes, or closer to 30 at their current rate... and that's just years of work on a project no one will care about. By the time they get through Z years from now who knows what they'll be up to?

Big One

Banned
By the time they finish Super will probably be finished in of itself, lol. Or be still running ala One Piece style (which I actually think is HIGHLY likely, unless TOEi replaces Super with another Dragonball anime which is pretty much more or less the same thing).

So yeah but that point there'll prob be a demand for it. They could do GT too I guess, but you wouldn't be able to get as much good gags out of it imo. GT's entire gag would be how much it sucks cause none of them care for it, which would get old comedy-wise. Super has a lot of crazy shit in it like the Dr. Slump episode and the Yamcha baseball episode they could work off of.

TheSun

Might as well.

Nobody is gonna miss that crap first season.

I wouldn't mind them doing GT. They can fart out a handful of episodes of the whole thing. Doubt they want to do it though.

On future TFS:

They said at Anime North they's zero plans for doing Super because the powers that be are being SUPER crazy about pulling things related to it. It's too new. But by the time they actually finish Z years down the line, who knows? Thoguh I could have sworn Kaiser say it be a bitch to edit too.

They also don't particularly want to do classic Dragon Ball because they'd lose the entire cast.

They thrown around the idea of redoing Saiyan saga.

And not one of them like GT so why would they commit years of their lives to doing it? Even crazily abridged those 64 episodes would still take like 15-20 episodes, or closer to 30 at their current rate... and that's just years of work on a project no one will care about. By the time they get through Z years from now who knows what they'll be up to?

TBH, I think this is the reason they've been pushing their gaming content so hard for the past few years. Get more a twitch presence now so that they have something to fallback on post-DBZA.

I wouldn't mind GT, I think they can have a field day with it personally. Besides they can easily scale it down. Super in some ways will be harder with Goku not being far off from TFS Goku.

I would love for them to do GT, the movies are not great, but the guys make them work so well. They are very talented and I am sure they could make GT better.

Did they clarify how they're going to finish this arc? Someone mentioned they're doing a 3 parter to finish it but there might be another episode before it.

Finalizer

Hell, they made the Broly movie work and they made it abundantly clear their disdain for that character. I'm sure they could pull off GT if they tried.

They should just abridge GT in a one-off, 15 minute kind of deal.

Like the abridged "kai" videos they do or the abridged movies.

I'd be down for this.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I've always just assumed future TFS was always going to be a professional dubbing company or something. I'd be super down for them doing legit Joke dubs for utter trash in the style of Ghost Story or something.

Sephzilla

By the time TFS is done with DBZ and all of the movies, Super will almost certainly be finished. Remember that DBZA started 8 years ago and they're probably 2/3rds of the way done with the series as a whole. At the current pace the Buu Saga will probably be done sometime around 2020 or 2021 (at the latest). Plus factor in the DBZ movies.

Top Bottom