• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Zubz

Banned
UGH... They're never going to accept TFS are they? I'd love for a game to have TFS voice options, but Toei's going to keep being an archaic company that's afraid of anything new, huh?

If they're smiling, it's either something small or over something petty they can counter.

Like we would have been able to tell a difference

Can't watch right now what's the reason Given

Multiple reasons that they can't say for personal reasons.

Since they haven't even tried to get the last two episodes which got removed back up, I'm guessing Toei, but that's just me.

It was all Grant's fault

they can't tell for personal reasons, but they did say that as a joke

In other TFS related news, the stream they just finished tonight was fucking golden, featuring Lanipator and Hbi2k competing against each other in several videos including rock band while trying to stay in character as Krillin and Father Anderson respectively

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They also announced a new channel, as seen here. No content yet though.

I suspect it's Toei reasons, but there could be something else. Best of luck to them.

At least there's always TFS Gaming.

Based on how Lani worded it, I'm willing to bet they finally got C&D'd by Toei. The fact that they're continuing forward with Helling Ultimate Abridged and Machinabridged kind of makes it apparent.

Voror

That's a shame to hear. I hope they are able to get past whatever is going on and that it isn't too bad. I admit my first thought hearing personal reasons was internal strife within the group.

Still hadn't realized they had gotten a dubbing gig so congrats on that.

It probably has something to do with the massive hurricane that just blew through.

"thankfully those are edited remotely"

The implication being that kaiserneko has an issue of some kind, since he's the sole editor of DBZA. If he lives in Texas, then yeah, he's probably fucked.

I just hope it will eventually get back on, but I'm not holding my breath on it should it be more of a legal matter.

"thankfully those are edited remotely"

The implication being that kaiserneko has an issue of some kind, since he's the sole editor of DBZA. If he lives in Texas, then yeah, he's probably fucked.

I just hope it will eventually get back on, but I'm not holding my breath on it should it be more of a legal matter.
Most of the main TFS crew lives in Dallas near their office/studio I believe, so while they're in Texas, they're pretty far from the coast and Harvey's path

Arrrammis

It probably has something to do with the massive hurricane that just blew through.

HBI2k via Reddit said:
We are in north Texas, and the hurricane is hitting the Southeastern part. We are a couple hundred miles away from it and have barely seen any rain. We do have lots of friends in Houston where it's hit hardest, though. We are planning to do a charity stream for hurricane relief on Wednesday at 4 p.m. CDT.
Not directly related to the hurricane, but I wouldn't be surprised if it contributed. There's no confirmed reason, Kaiser mentioned dealing with some major health issues a few weeks back during a stream, but I don't know if that would be enough to put all of DBZA on hiatus. I doubt it was anything to do with Toei because of their emphasis on it being personal reasons, but who knows.

Also,
Fuck you Grant :p

Zubz

Banned
I feel "personal reasons" might just be a cover if they are far out of Harvey's path. It might actually be Toei, seeing how they apparently offended them by joking about the "real life C&D." Which would suck; I wouldn't've given a single shit about a DBZ revival if DBZA didn't have me caring about the series again.

At least Madhouse seems to like them, between Hellsing continuing and TFS is doing an actual dub, like holy shit. Hopefully they'll finally be onto bigger & better things, at least. But I still hope we can at least finish the Cell Games. I never cared much for the Buu Saga, anyway.

I feel "personal reasons" might just be a cover if they are far out of Harvey's path. It might actually be Toei, seeing how they apparently offended them by joking about the "real life C&D." Which would suck; I wouldn't've given a single shit about a DBZ revival if DBZA didn't have me caring about the series again.

At least Madhouse seems to like them, between Hellsing continuing and TFS is doing an actual dub, like holy shit. Hopefully they'll finally be onto bigger & better things, at least. But I still hope we can at least finish the Cell Games. I never cared much for the Buu Saga, anyway.

I don't see any reason to believe it's toei. It could be any number of things from family issues to secret new projects, to something as trivial as writer's block. Could even be a combination of things

And I never saw any evidence that Toei got offended by their joke, If you're talking the disclaimer on twitter, I'm pretty sure that's them communicating to the fans, not Toei. Like, they don't want people to use this as justification not to support the official releases

Crosseyes

Banned
I feel like if Toei was really trying to completely shut down DBZA they'd be able to say "for legal reasons" instead of "personal" ones.

I just hope none of the core team has anything catastrophic or anything like that happen to them. A life threatening illness or cancer hospitalization or something like that where an afflicted member crucial to DBZA really wants their privacy dealing with something major.

Neoxon

I feel like if Toei was really trying to completely shut down DBZA they'd be able to say "for legal reasons" instead of "personal" ones.

I just hope none of the core team has anything catastrophic or anything like that happen to them. A life threatening illness or cancer hospitalization or something like that where an afflicted member crucial to DBZA really wants their privacy dealing with something major.
Same here. If it's a health issue, I hope they get through it in one piece.

I feel like if it was Toei they'd have taken down the existing videos and not just halted progress on the next one

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
They'll probably eventually knock out the rest of the Cell Saga but I don't think we'll ever see Buu Abridged. Sadly, Abridged series are a dying art and I don't really expect many to continue. Best they put their talents elsewhere, as sad as I am to say it.

Neoxon

They'll probably eventually knock out the rest of the Cell Saga but I don't think we'll ever see Buu Abridged. Sadly, Abridged series are a dying art and I don't really expect many to continue. Best they put their talents elsewhere, as sad as I am to say it.
They've mentioned numerous times their intentions to do the Buu Saga as well as the Other World Tournament. And judging by how they've worded the hiatus on social media, it seems to be more of a personal reason on their end than anything legal (hence Kaiser's excitement for Episode 60). I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Buu Abridged just yet, especially considering how popular the series is.

Savitar

I'm not going to exactly hold out my hope for a Buu saga. If they do it they can really cut through a lot since it does drag in places and much can be sliced down easily enough.

If it's health, do hope it's nothing too serious.

And if some of this is Toei being a dick as usual, Toei can go suck a big fat dragon dick. A big veiny fat dragon dick that goes super saiyan.

Veelk

Banned
Shit. It's a shame they couldn't just get the cell finale out before going on haitus. RIGHT the end, damn. Getting a bit blueballed here.

But from the sounds of it, it might be they have bigger problems.

Zubz

Banned
Shit. It's a shame they couldn't just get the cell finale out before going on haitus. RIGHT the end, damn. Getting a bit blueballed here.

But from the sounds of it, it might be they have bigger problems.

I know, right? We're, like, 2 episodes away from the greatest moment in the entire canon of fiction! According to that one poster, at least. And me.

If it's health, I wish whoever they are the best.

Ray Down

Banned

DBZA is super popular, they are going to finish Buu.

So on their patreon TFS has basically said the hiatus is related to KaiserNeko being really busy with getting a bunch of other projects going, including the new review channel they mentioned in the video

Top Bottom