• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thanos vs Darkseid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

No cosmic cubes, infinity gauntlets, armies, element-x, fatherboxes, etc. Just their powers mano a mano.

1158481-thanos_13.jpg

vs

2172665-2083631_darkseid.jpg

Viewt

It's hard to say - they're both written in much the same way. They're both calculating, immensely powerful and driven by purpose (winning the favor of Death in the case of Thanos, acquiring and utilizing the Anti-Life Equation for Darkseid).

I'd say Darkseid takes the edge, but a knock-out, drag-out brawl sort of takes away what's interesting about those characters. Darkseid and Thanos both like to plot and strategize, which is why they're more than just a physical threat like Doomsday.

Slayven

It's hard to say - they're both written in much the same way. They're both calculating, immensely powerful and driven by purpose (winning the favor of Death in the case of Thanos, acquiring and utilizing the Anti-Life Equation for Darkseid).

I'd say Darkseid takes the edge, but a knock-out, drag-out brawl sort of takes away what's interesting about those characters. Darkseid and Thanos both like to plot and strategize, which is why they're more than just a physical threat like Doomsday.

Pssss, Darkseid has a whole planet of resources and can't get shit done. Thanos is out there on the grind by himself doing shit and getting shit done.

Ferrio

Banned
Darkseid looks like he's about to recieve a BJ, even holding his vibrator. Why is he wiping his chin too? God what's going on.

Forkball

Remember that episode of Superman TAS where Superman kicked Darkseid's ass and threw his crippled body to the masses he oppressed, but instead of revolting, the population helps Darkseid up as he delivers an epic "here, I am god" line? You can't get better than losing and STILL have nothing really bad happen to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTECNKpZAM4

Sanjuro

Darkseid.

Thanos is perfectly designed for the Marvel Universe. So, I give him that. If they switched places, neither of them would work as well.

Slayven

Remember that episode of Superman TAS where Superman kicked Darkseid's ass and threw his crippled body to the masses he oppressed, but instead of revolting, the population helps Darkseid up as he delivers an epic "here, I am god" line? You can't get better than losing and STILL have nothing really bad happen to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTECNKpZAM4

Fuck that noise, when the universe went to war with the the concept of life run amok, who did they call for help? The mad titan, to have an enemy beg you for your talents is a better honor.

jokkir

Speaking of Thanos, who would win: Thanos with HotU or Sentry? Or Thanos with HotU vs Hulk.

I saw a panel where Thanos just stomps on all the Marvel heroes in one panel but that's it >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom