• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The $110 billion arms deal to Saudi Arabia isn't real, it's fake news

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
If looking at Trumps twitter is anything to go by today US is beating Qatar on topic of terrorism.
Oh...

I guess they spun him the whole bad Iran story in simpleton terms.

Plus, given the US are training half the jihadists woth Saudi money, I guess it was obvious which side of the conflict he would take.

Maybe next time the UK gets attacked, he would like to take some credit/blame rather than blame the London mayor in that case.

Trump's probably going to cancel all those deals once his staffs admits to him that most of those intended sales origin from the Obama administration.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Moreover, it’s unlikely that the Saudis could pay for a $110 billion deal any longer, due to low oil prices and the two-plus years old war in Yemen. President Obama sold the kingdom $112 billion in weapons over eight years, most of which was a single, huge deal in 2012 negotiated by then-Secretary of Defense Bob Gates.​
Disappointed in Obama.

Poor Yemen.
Obama's hipocrisy isn't news. People have been pointing this out for years.

epmode

The fake news is coming from inside the White House!

Is anyone else reporting on this? If true, it really feels like a new low. Outright lying about signing a trade deal is crazy.

Laekon

Obama's hipocrisy isn't news. People have been pointing this out for years.
Yeah no kidding. There are a lot of legitimate things to attack Obama on but the right couldn't get pass that he was black. He authorized the killing of US citizens with no court order but lets ignore that and keep yelling about how he wasn't born here.

I hate twitter but there should be a campaign about how Obama's deal was bigger.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, a lot of people (funds, corporates, individuals) report done deals on the basis of non binding letters of intent.

I dont see that as an issue as such. I would have hoped the absence of a done deal would give foreign policy latitude to the US, but clearly not.

The guy is a fucking dufus. He cant even play commercial/foreign policy poker when he is blabbing out thicko missives by twitter.

Unless its some kind of three dimensional chess we mortals dont understand

The article reads more like a speculation than actual news.

The deal was reported in Saudi media (Al Arabiya etc) so I doubt it's really fake.

don't mind these then
7u9ESx1.jpg

carh318raptcgixvf6he.jpg

DARRQOBXgAAb2QA.jpg
M1A2S_Saudi.jpg

DAbZqkoWAAA_Dkr.jpg

mfc-thaad-info-web-page-intercepting-hr.jpg

1330068645799242057.jpg

as they make it to SA

the deal existed even when Obama was President, this guy Trump was playing it up as if he made the deal and shouted that he created 1000s of US jobs, then came too much heat and everyone is playing dumb

Top Bottom