• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump trying to push through multi-billion dollar arms sale to Saudi Arabia

Why would Trump care? The money's not going to him...

These contracts had been suspended by the Obama administration because of Saudi Arabia’s military campaign in Yemen, which caused the deaths of thousands of civilians.

Oh.

The war in Yemen is Houthis and former president Saleh vs Hadi goverment and Arab coalition

What came out of it though is the revival of the South Yemen state and a possible road map to independence, accidentally.

Of course this is a over simplification but we might likely see a North and South Yemen again.

Whatever happens democracy seems to have failed. I just don't see an amicable future. None of this should have started again. Although there's breath the traditional south is mistreated by the north.

dopplr

As.long as there are homeless vets or homelessness in general in the U.S., this is theft. There's no stopping the military industrial complex.

Would you rather S.A. buy weapons from another country that might further muddle relations in this region? Do you think if the U.S. refused to sell that S.A. would not want to protect its borders anymore and just give up?

Oersted

I told you some things like the missile defense system, etc.. was put on hold...

While F-15SA, helis, ammo, etc... was not

This current package is the missile defense system (which was on hold) and Navy equipment and ships.

I believe you are confusing this with the types of munition freeze that the Obama admin did.

The war in Yemen is Houthis and former president Saleh vs Hadi goverment and Arab coalition

What came out of it though is the revival of the South Yemen state and a possible road map to independence, accidentally.

Of course this is a over simplification but we might likely see a North and South Yemen again.

I was able to critize the deals by the Obama goverment.

I am able to critize the deals by the Trump goverment.

You are not. Okay.

Top Bottom