• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The $130 Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition comes with no game

It's Mirror's Edge Catalyst all over again.

While Battlefield 1 will no doubt be full of fiery conflict, there's one fight that anyone interested in the Collector's Edition of the game can thankfully avoid: the console wars. The $130 Amazon-exclusive edition comes with plenty of swag, memorabilia, and digital content … but no copy of the game, physical or digital.

While at first that sounds like a bad deal, I'd actually say it's a rather good one. Without a copy of the game restricting these boxes to one system or the other, they should sell much easier. No copy of the game also means you can shop around; if you've got a store membership that takes a percentage off or gives you reward points, you can get the game from that store and the Collector's Edition from Amazon.

Remind me if this is old

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/the-130-b...e=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw

EDIT: There's two more collector's editions on amazon, adding to the confusion because now there's a deluxe edition of a collector's edition.

georly

Can't call it 'edition' when it doesn't have the game. Wtf.

e·di·tion
əˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: edition; plural noun: editions

1. a particular form or version of a published text.

So it can't be a 'version' of the game if it doesn't HAVE THE GAME.

Aselith

Why would you buy $20 of swag in a box without the game for $130? I mean the collector's edition is dumb in the first place but the game is kind of the thing.

Calm Mind

0f33404e614ffad772cb4abbaeadc5ef.jpg

They still have an edition with the game itself and this seems like a great edition for people who like to get a digital version of the game but still want the collectors edition stuff. Seems fine to me.

idk why people are pissed off with this

lets you get digital if so inclined, saves you from having to gut this one and sell it cus you got the game early etc

Savitar

So.....it's a collectors edition........without the game..........sense, this makes none except to trick people.

Lawsuits may provide amusement if nothing else.

Collector's Edition: Stuff with no game
Deluxe Collector's Edition: Stuff with game

Having the actual game inside is now considered "deluxe".

idk why people are pissed off with this

lets you get digital if so inclined, saves you from having to gut this one and sell it cus you got the game early etc

I think a major factor is that Collector's Editions tended to be <150$ game included. If the goodie box was 70$ and included worthwhile stuff it would make close to zero sense, unless one's a trader. And yeah, it should have a different name.

these 'no-game-included' editions are coming out for a lot of games these days, and once you get past the "LOL there isn't even a game!!" it's actually a pretty good idea. Stores only need to stock one SKU of the edition instead of one for each platform, and you can buy the game itself - physical or digital - at whatever store you want or has the best deal.

Don't see a problem with it, honestly, makes it easier for the collector crowd. I would never have a damn thing to do with it, though, ha ha.

GavinUK86

What version of Mirror's Edge Catalyst came without the game? I bought the CE and the game was included.

Reminds of of Wolfenstein. That looked a cool statue but fuck paying for that and then having to buy the game on top.

Don't see a problem with it, honestly, makes it easier for the collector crowd. I would never have a damn thing to do with it, though, ha ha.

The problem is the name, they called it a "Collector's Edition" when it doesn't include the game.

If they changed the name to something like memorabilia edition then nobody would complain, people are going to get tricked into buying this.

I think the problem with this is the wording of what the product is. Calling it "Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition" is kinda bull shit when it doesn't come with the Battlefield 1. The name implies it is a collector's version of the Battlefield 1 game. It'd be different if it was called "Battlefield 1 Collector's Add On Bundle" or something.

There is no trick. The Amazon page clearly says "Does Not Include Game" in the title.

not only that, but it's also not thrown in with the normal editions of the game. You have to actually choose "Not Machine Specific" as your platform for it to even show you this edition.

5JmPKOcm.jpg

jFEJilKm.jpg

Top Bottom