• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the 2011 videogame anagram photoshop thread

quetz67

Banned
made another one, to use as an avatar, not as an very inventive anagram

danfango.jpg

Saty

This is the most underutilized thread ever :( . Give me more, plz.

Saints Row The Third = Thrashed Twins Riot.

jarosh

i'll probably make another one later. i'm in a photoshoppin' mood. but y'all are letting this thread die too fast. contribute!

Ok here are two pieces: I could probably do better, but I already spent way too much time on them. I suck at photoshop when it comes to logos

govacation.jpg

pokemonwhite.jpg

Trey

This is the greatest thread I've ever seen. Outside of Jarosh's efforts, I gotta say Marsupial Axe Orgy 2, Keep Homo Twin and Soda Lurks killed me.

jarosh

Oh, my. That's hilarious!! :lol

What's your formula for these ingenious anagrams?

well, it's always different. EARF was just something that popped into my mind when i looked at FEAR. no anagram generator will give you that obviously.

if you want something really unique or funny or something that's a comment on the game in question, you usually have to mess with anagram generators for hours (did that with skyrim and zelda). you have to cherry pick and isolate words that sound interesting and generate new anagrams and isolate more words and try to make sense of the gibberish you get by re-arranging everything and running leftovers through the generator again. you always have to have a plan b and it's worth it to work with words and phrases that can be slightly altered (adding "s" or "a" or "the" etc.) when you get stuck. especially when you work with long titles. but most of the time the perfect anagram doesn't work because of a single letter that doesn't go anywhere.

you should always keep short filler words in mind but more importantly those special words that no anagram generator will give you and then force them, stuff like "meh" or "lol" or names in general etc. (that's how i came up with the "meh, mod it retro" one, although that was almost completely done by hand, because "mod" and "meh" and i think even "retro" are not part of a generator's vocabulary.)

sometimes you just get lucky with a short title, the generator will spit out only a handful of results and one of them will be gold. bioshock = sick hobo was one of those. really, i still think the simplest ones are usually the best ones ;)

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck me.

Jarosh is amazing at this...not only are the anagrams hilarious, the revised boxarts are extremely well done.

Not to spoil the fun or cheat per sei but below you can find an anagram generator. Just type in words and set the options and boom it goes. Possibly considered cheating so I put it in spoiler tags.

It's not cheating at all. As Jarosh said for the longer titles you will need the help of an anagram solver to help you some of the way. And half the fun is the photoshop itself.

I'm using this angram server:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram

jarosh

Not to spoil the fun or cheat per sei but below you can find an anagram generator. Just type in words and set the options and boom it goes. Possibly considered cheating so I put it in spoiler tags.

of course it's not cheating. lol. we all use generators. if you think you can just type in a videogame title and it'll spit out something funny or clever, you're in for a rude awakening. 90% of the time that doesn't work. there are usually tens or even hundreds of thousands of combinations. it can take a looooong time to come up with something really good and often this involves manual manipulation and isolating and excluding or forcing words. there's also lots of words or specific forms of words generators don't "know". a generator isn't "smart". it's just a tool, like photoshop, which also doesn't design the box art for you automatically ;)

Top Bottom