• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2012 Florida Republican Primary: Draw Guns at Sundown in the Sunshine State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Where are all the Newt hypers now ?

Told you Georgia was nuttin

Present. You shouldn't vote be voting for the guy you think is the nicest. The POTUS should put country before anything else. He won't make friends but reaching across the aisle/compromises is a necessary part of governing the country - and he knows this. Speaker of the House, and second in line behind the vice-president for the throne. Qualifications and experience galore. The right man for the times.

Again, our number one problem is our own economy and that means gutting and restructuring federal programs AND spurring domestic growth and tipping the trade imbalance back in the right direction. It'd be great if we had an amalgam of Newt and Mit (a Wii platformer?), but if we have to have one, then let it be the guy who's been there before and won't waste his/our time spinning his wheels trying to figure out how to push for economic reform and get around the many obstacles that congress will inevitably throw in the way.

...Does Romney just say the same stuff every week or something?

And does he have to start every sentence with "President Obama....[fails/did]" ?

MisterHero

Maybe he can merge NASA with an Air Force so powerful that only he could make happen

Military Moon Base is back on!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mitt has 2 degrees at harvard and mocks people in faculty lounges in his speeches. Keeps money in Europe but bashes Europe in his speeches. I'm confused.

Seriously what is that nonsense man.

Mitt has 2 degrees at harvard and mocks people in faculty lounges in his speeches. Keeps money in Europe but bashes Europe in his speeches. I'm confused.

Seriously what is that nonsense man.

Doesn't he keep his money in a blind trust? Not sure how you would invest your money but it's a good idea to diversify at least a little bit.

OK. I would imagine that's probably less of a concern when you're trying to unseat a president than when you're trying to re-elect one.

To me it's a little bizarre... I think my playbook would be to expand the base, not simply try to pander to the base I already have. Canada's Conservative party has gotten to where it wants to be by following a relatively moderate playbook. May lead to some disgruntled faithful, but who else are those people going to vote for?

To be precise Canada's conservative party concentrated more on economic issues and kind of glossed over some of the social issues which is the winning formula right now, people care about jobs, they can debate about abortion and same-sex rights when there's food at the dinner table.

paskowitz

Captions please.
06882e2963a314c9574e47db4e4fd604.jpg

BTW, let's say that Romney was currently our President. Would he not be saying the SAME things Obama has been saying about the economy? "I inhereted the worst recession since the Great Depression, we've created millions of jobs, raised GDP, etc, etc."

Better cut defense spending, because non-defense descrestionary spending only attributes to 1/4 of the budget.

Withdraw from Afghanistan, pure and simple, this is as good as Afghanistan is ever going to get.

BTW, let's say that Romney was currently our President. Would he not be saying the SAME things Obama has been saying about the economy? "I inhereted the worst recession since the Great Depression, we've created millions of jobs, raised GDP, etc, etc."

At least he would let GM declare bankruptcy and be able to restructure the labor contracts, maybe we won't see so much money thrown at pushing green energy, and we would see the keystone pipeline project pushed through.

benjipwns

Banned
Newt finally wandering out from whatever hole he was in.
Better cut defense spending, because non-defense descrestionary spending only attributes to 1/4 of the budget.
Nope, he said he's going to reverse Obama's devastating cuts and strengthen the military so nobody even thinks about challenging the United States.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Assuming he had the same performance as Obama, sure. They always try to promote positives and diminish negatives/make excuses.

Miletius

People realized what an annoying and spiteful prick Gingrich is. Imagine that! At least Romney seems like a decent guy.

And there is no way Santorum stays until the end, he simply doesnt have the money or backing from anyone to stay in the race. Just a few weeks ago, he was selling sweater vests to make ends meet and I am NOT joking about that.

It'd totally buy a Rick Santorum sweater vest. I like the cut of his jib!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Nope, he said he's going to reverse Obama's devastating cuts and strengthen the military so nobody even thinks about challenging the United States.

Nobody thinks about it now! That's what amazes me. We outclass the next biggest threat by a factor of like ten to one. Would it really be such a huge deal if we only outclassed them by a factor of three or four?

benjipwns

Banned
Nobody thinks about it now! That's what amazes me. We outclass the next biggest threat by a factor of like ten to one. Would it really be such a huge deal if we only outclassed them by a factor of three or four?
But they might get bigger in the future! We need to be prepared!

Is Newt pretending that he won the Florida primary?

The point is that you can bully other countries into favorable trade deals, morality aside, that's the point of having military might, even if America doesn't want to do it, other countries like China and Russia have in the past and will continue to do so.

"...many of you may have noticed that the obama administration has declared war on the catholic church and other religious institutions."

i hadnt noticed. how have they done that?

edit: seriously. what is he referencing?

benjipwns

Banned
lol at Bret Baier: "It should be noted that although the Gingrich campaign has said '46 states to go', he did not qualify for the ballot in Virginia or Missouri."

Dude Abides

Banned
"...many of you may have noticed that the obama administration has declared war on the catholic church and other religious institutions."

i hadnt noticed. how have they done that?

Obama regs require health care insurance plans to cover contraceptives (and maybe abortion in some cases - not sure). If you go to the Catholic OT they were worked up about it yesterday.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Obama must be loving this. The competition from the other side is too busy killing/sniping each other so that all that he had to face on the election is a wounded winner at best. Must be fancy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom