• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS GBA Ambassador games aren't here yet.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
$80 is not free.
$80 bought you the right to play the 3DS for months before the price drop.

lol at anyone that ran out to buy a 3DS because of the Ambassador program. And for those of us that bought it prior to the announcement of 'free stuff', you shouldn't assume you're going to be compensated for a sudden price drop.
The only people you should be laughing at are the ones who bought it before the price drop for the free games and didn't get their money back once it did drop.

Edit: Sorry for the bump, I was doing a search for info about the Ambassador games, and a couple of the replies bugged me, probably not bump-worthy, but too late now I suppose.

it's taking a while because they can't find the files for those five nes classics games.
The GBA games are going to have the hacker intros still on them. "RIPPED BY DAIZAU, MAD PROPS TO T-DOG, Enjoy your Yoshi's Island fuckers."

$80 bought you the right to play the 3DS for months before the price drop.
Yeah, and its giant selection of... uh... you know... the... uhmn... like the games they hyped like Kid Icar- oh that wasn't there. Well there was plenty of stuff on the eSho- oh that wasn't there for months either. At least we could use it for the internet brows- no, same deal.

So when we put gems like "Rayman 3D" aside (even though I was super-excited to play a lazy port of a Rayman game that ran worse than it did on older consoles), you had a Pilotwings game everyone said was too short, a submarine game which everyone said was too short, and three versions of a "Dogs" game that was supposed to be "+ Cats," but even Miyamoto said he didn't want it to be called that, and there's a grand total of one cat breed per version, so it was really just "better dogs than before."

The "killer app" for a lot of people was a 1998 N64 game, with some nice graphical alterations but almost nothing in the way of new content, that wasn't even ported in-house.

Some right.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, and it's giant selection of... uh... you know... the... uhmn... like the games they hyped like Kid Icar- oh that wasn't there. Well there was plenty of stuff on the eSho- oh that wasn't there for months either. At least we could use it for the internet brows- no, same deal.

So when we put gems like "Rayman 3D" aside (even though I was super-excited to play a lazy port of a Rayman game that ran worse than it did on older consoles), you had a Pilotwings game everyone said was too short, a submarine game which everyone said was too short, and three versions of a "Dogs" game that was supposed to be "+ Cats," but even Miyamoto said he didn't want it to be called that, and there's a grand total of one cat breed per version, so it was really just "better dogs than before."

The "killer app" for a lot of people was a 1998 N64 game, with some nice graphical alterations but almost nothing in the way of new content, that wasn't even ported in-house.

Some right.

Meh....I thought SSFIV portable was great and Pilotwings was underrated.

Still too expensive, though.

Meh....I thought SSFIV portable was great and Pilotwings was underrated.

Still too expensive, though.

I did forget about SSFIV portable, but I still heard a few bad things about it, and of course it didn't run in 60 FPS in 3D mode, which kind of killed that feature for a lot of serious fighters. DOA:D had a similar problem.

Yoschi

just let it come when it comes
bitching just makes you more frustrated that it isn't there yet...

anticipation-control is the key.

Yeah, 'cause he was totally being serious.

Maybe you should try reading the posts in the thread next time you try to make a funny joke about the content of such posts.

How about

Can this be the official bitch thread? I want my games.

and

Where're my games?

Fuck the world!!

D:!

You asked for only one post to fit my description so I gave you one, but there's at least three before my post, and I'm sure they'll be more before the thread defends into obscurity.

At least Nintendo is staying consistent. They've always been slow to release their digital games, and the ambassador ones will be no different. We'll be lucky to get them before Christmas.

sakipon

Where are my gaaaaaaammmeeeesss. I bet they release them all on Christmas or something. Fuck this man.

What's wrong with releasing them on Christmas? Besides, somewhere out there might be a little boy who is not getting many presents. Wouldn't it be nice if his 3DS would light up on the magical Eve and let him know his free games are now available.

I just hope we can utilize the upcoming eShop shopping cart on items from the download/purchase list.

Tucah

you speak so well
Yeah, and its giant selection of... uh... you know... the... uhmn... like the games they hyped like Kid Icar- oh that wasn't there. Well there was plenty of stuff on the eSho- oh that wasn't there for months either. At least we could use it for the internet brows- no, same deal.

Some right.

You didn't even mention the best launch game, Ghost Recon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
At least Nintendo is staying consistent. They've always been slow to release their digital games, and the ambassador ones will be no different. We'll be lucky to get them before Christmas.

Zing.

What's wrong with releasing them on Christmas? Besides, somewhere out there might be a little boy who is not getting many presents. Wouldn't it be nice if his 3DS would light up on the magical Eve and let him know his free games are now available.

I just hope we can utilize the upcoming eShop shopping cart on items from the download/purchase list.

Meh, nothing - -would be pretty awesome actually - my only pain is that it's so late!
And a little boy that isn't getting anything, but has a 3DS? Um, did he ask for 3DS games?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually hoping Minish Cap is part of it - I haven't played it and would love to.

MrDaravon

I just want to know what the other 5 unannounced games are to decide if I'm going to keep this thing, I've honestly been incredibly disappointed with the system.

Hoping for final five:

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Wario Land 4
Advance Wars
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

just a heads-up: European 3DSs will get the GBA games AFTER 2011. That means sometime into 2012.
You forgot the part about us (well, France only) getting Napoleon instead/one of the games is Napoleon meaning everywhere but Japan and France is getting 9 GBA games. Wait, better make that America gets 8 due to Kuru Kuru Kurin being another one. Shall we go for 7 with Polarium Advance (Atlus USA blocks it as Mother 3 revenge)?

To make it more bleak the other 2 games are NES Classics Super Mario Bros and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.

JazzmanZ

it would be instantly hilarious if one of the GBA titles was Mother 3, and the reason the ambassador games took so long was because it was being translated.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
QQ, is it an absolute requirement to have logged in online to get ambassador stat?

it would be instantly hilarious if one of the GBA titles was Mother 3, and the reason the ambassador games took so long was because it was being translated.
Don't say things like that :mad:

RPG

Hmm, maybe that's why that Mother 3 Handbook just got a reprint? ;)

We probably won't hear or get anything on the GBA titles until after Mario Kart 7 is released though

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I did forget about SSFIV portable, but I still heard a few bad things about it, and of course it didn't run in 60 FPS in 3D mode, which kind of killed that feature for a lot of serious fighters. DOA:D had a similar problem.

Anyone playing SSF4 "seriously" wouldn't using be the 3D anyway. You can't exactly hold the 3DS perfectly still while playing it, so the 3D feature would be annoying. SSF4 is also only 30FPS online regardless if you play it with 3D on or off. This still didn't stop me from clocking in over 30 hours on it though. It's an excellent port overall and was the best launch title on the system....no way I would even own a 3DS right now if that game hadn't been released.

DOA Dimensions' problem is that the online is completely bare bones outside of friend matches. No rematch options, no player matches...just 2 or 3 round match options.

RedSwirl

Do we even know if those games will ever be available to buy from the general public? I want Super Mario Advance 4 but I don't want to have to pay $35 for a used copy.

SSF4 is also only 30FPS online regardless if you play it with 3D on or off.
Yeah, it was a real dissapointment.

I still wish Capcom would do a 3DS SSF4AE2012 release given they could probably push the engine and networking a bit farther now (60fps 3D, 60fps online, animated backgrounds, online spectator, voice chat, etc). I think there's enough incentive there for an update, beyond just the content additions and balance tweaks AE2012 brings.

You can according to Nintendo Europe.

EDIT: You can actually transfer the games, but not the Ambassador status.
I would assume that doing a 3DS to 3DS transfer of everything would move along the ambassador status to the other system seeing as it takes everything over...?

Top Bottom