• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS GBA Ambassador games aren't here yet.

Javier

I would assume that doing a 3DS to 3DS transfer of everything would move along the ambassador status to the other system seeing as it takes everything over...?
If it's anything like DSi to 3DS, you have to transfer each game individually (i.e. you can transfer Super Mario Bros. but keep Legend of Zelda).

Roto13

Point me to one post that fits your description. I dare you.

How about any Club Nintendo thread every time they announce the Club Nintendo Platinum Reward.

Or when they announced the remaining NES games. Wait until they announce the remaining GBA games. "No Nightmare in Dream Land? Fuck you, Nintendo!"

Gamers bitch about free stuff all the time. Gamers bitch about EVERYTHING all the time.
Edit: Sorry for the bump, I was doing a search for info about the Ambassador games, and a couple of the replies bugged me, probably not bump-worthy, but too late now I suppose.

The GBA games are going to have the hacker intros still on them. "RIPPED BY DAIZAU, MAD PROPS TO T-DOG, Enjoy your Yoshi's Island fuckers."

Yeah, and its giant selection of... uh... you know... the... uhmn... like the games they hyped like Kid Icar- oh that wasn't there. Well there was plenty of stuff on the eSho- oh that wasn't there for months either. At least we could use it for the internet brows- no, same deal.

So when we put gems like "Rayman 3D" aside (even though I was super-excited to play a lazy port of a Rayman game that ran worse than it did on older consoles), you had a Pilotwings game everyone said was too short, a submarine game which everyone said was too short, and three versions of a "Dogs" game that was supposed to be "+ Cats," but even Miyamoto said he didn't want it to be called that, and there's a grand total of one cat breed per version, so it was really just "better dogs than before."

The "killer app" for a lot of people was a 1998 N64 game, with some nice graphical alterations but almost nothing in the way of new content, that wasn't even ported in-house.

Some right.

If you bought a 3DS early in its life, you either 1) knew what you were getting and what you weren't, or 2) just bought one randomly without thinking about it. If you were dissatisfied with it, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

hatchx

Banned
I have a feeling we'll get them on Christmas.

Sort of too bad, Mario Kart Super Circuit would have been great leading up to MK7.

Quite pumped to revisit yoshi's island, Metroid fusion, and wario ware.

Barrett2

I realized last week when I turned on my 3DS that I could no longer download the NES games, even though I registered as an Ambassador.

What a fucking joke.

Xav

The inability to configure button layout pretty much killed virtual console/NES games for me on 3DS so I'm not even going to bother downloading those GBA games when they arrive. I'll stick to my GBA SP backlight model. I want to run with Y & jump with B, not B to run and A to jump in my Mario game.
*Hugs Super Mario 3D Land*

Barrett2

Really? That's it huh? If I get rid of one of them....lost forever?

It would appear so, unfortunately.

But hey, Nintendo certainly can't pass up the possibility that at some future time I might be willing to give them $5 for that copy of SMB one more time. Better make the freebie offer as narrow as possible.

NateDrake

I realized last week when I turned on my 3DS that I could no longer download the NES games, even though I registered as an Ambassador.

What a fucking joke.

What are you talking about? I just went to my 'Account Activity' on my 3DS and every NES Ambassador game is there for download.

Edit: Odd. A friend said his download option is gone too. Wonder why I still have the option....

Boney

Banned
The inability to configure button layout pretty much killed virtual console/NES games for me on 3DS so I'm not even going to bother downloading those GBA games when they arrive. I'll stick to my GBA SP backlight model. I want to run with Y & jump with B, not B to run and A to jump in my Mario game.

*looks at sp*

but there's no y button!

hatchx

Banned

I'm with ya bro. Y to run, B to jump.

Apparently when they are on VC, there will be some updates or w/e that ambassadors get to re-download for free. I can only hope it's not just virtual instruction manuals but control options and multiplayer.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Did you know the reason why most people are getting this free is because they bought the 3DS for $250???

People are launch had no idea they would be receiving anything for buying the system that early. And people that paid the extra $80 to buy a 3DS to qualify for Game Boy Advance and NES titles are silly. It's not as if they're not going to receive their titles in the first place. Nintendo owes you nothing if you bought a 3DS at launch. You are an early adopter of an electronic. You should know what to expect.

I literally cannot play SMB with the control method that's on the 3DS downloadable version. It's stupid as hell.

Roto13

It would appear so, unfortunately.

But hey, Nintendo certainly can't pass up the possibility that at some future time I might be willing to give them $5 for that copy of SMB one more time. Better make the freebie offer as narrow as possible.

Except they said you'd be able to upgrade to the final Virtual Console versions when they're out.
Did you know the reason why most people are getting this free is because they bought the 3DS for $250???

Yeah. I'm one of them. I spent $250 on a $250 handheld. What's your point?

Sadist

People are launch had no idea they would be receiving anything for buying the system that early. And people that paid the extra $80 to buy a 3DS to qualify for Game Boy Advance and NES titles are silly. It's not as if they're not going to receive their titles in the first place. Nintendo owes you nothing if you bought a 3DS at launch. You are an early adopter of an electronic. You should know what to expect.
A lot of people disagreed when I echoed the same mantra. Thought I was trolling or just plain stupid. I should have feeled boned because of the price reduction. They got angrier when I asked if Nintendo put a gun against their heads when they bought the 3DS @ 250 :p

My friend said the download option doesn't appear for him. Only Software Information.
Weird. He should mail the customer service. I can still download mine.

You paid $80 and a shitty launch lineup.
That's a myth, the launch lineup was good, just not great. It had no AAA Nintendo titles, but it had some good, fun titles. Super Street Fighter IV was excellent, DOA was good, everyone agrees Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was a killer launch title, Pilotwings and Steel Diver are considered good but too short, the Lego games are good ports, Rayman is considered fun with amazing 3D but incredibly buggy. And later games that came before Nintendo's panicky price drop like Zelda Resident Evil were excellent as well.

I paid the "extra" $80 to get a great little game system with some good games to play for months.

Javier

Weird. He should mail the customer service. I can still download mine.
Can you? The game info pages are still on the eShop through "My Downloads" but if you go there, instead of "Downloaded" it says "This product is no longer available".

If I had to guess, they're soon planning to add the updated versions for re-download.

Can you? The game info pages are still on the eShop through "My Downloads" but if you go there, instead of "Downloaded" it says "This product is no longer available".

If I had to guess, they're soon planning to add the updated versions for re-download.

That, or its something involving the eShop update overall.

Sadist

Just downloaded Balloon Fight

zigg

I literally cannot play SMB with the control method that's on the 3DS downloadable version. It's stupid as hell.
FWIW, it took me a huge finger-retraining effort to do SM3DL. NSMB let me switch. I was shocked SM3DL didn't.

Top Bottom