• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve 3) JP |OT| Hot Chick + Guns + Shower Scene = mmmmm

duckroll

8tnu010000068jcv.jpg

This game is coming out in Japan on 22nd December 2010 in Japan. That's next week. It has been 11 years since the last Parasite Eve game was released in Japan. The long wait is over, and finally the official thread of the Japanese release for PE3 is upon us! There are many different reasons why some people might care about the game, so I'll go over the details.

Shooter fans might be hyped for the game because of:

ss12.jpg
hb02.jpg

RPG fans might be hyped for the game because of:

xNudm.jpg
9NtN5.jpg

Graphic whores might be hyped for the game because of:

aya02.jpg
maeda12.jpg

Kill Bill fans might be hyped for the game because of:

U28D0.jpg
3HFhB.jpg

Dress up fans might be hyped for the game because of:

KB0T7.jpg
sdZQQ.jpg

But duckroll is hyped for the game because of:

evKqD.jpg

JLhtR.jpg

XqAqg.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on this next week! Is anyone else getting the JP import? Does anyone want to grab PE1 and PE2 from JP PSN and do a playthrough before T3B hits next week? Will this thread even have 50 posts before the game is out?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aya is gorgeous...

klee123

In celebration, I will be play PE1 tomorow!

Might play PE2 as well.

Kagari said:
I would have but $70 for a PSP game is a bit steep.

Get the Asian version and if you want I've got a $7 discount coupon for P-A!

wow... has it been a 11 years already!! god how fast the time goes by :eek:

anyway... can't wait, missed the PE atmosphere so very much :)

and welcome back Aya :D !

Forever

Banned
Skilletor said:
She is wearing her battle damage like a pro.
So her jeans are so tight they cling to her in little rings after being shredded?

I don't think I've seen a feature like that since Battle Raper.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Aya does this for us. To make the game sell better, she has to wear those outfits. It's just her job, don't judge.

Forever

Banned
Spiegel said:
http://i.imgur.com/WwJHY.jpg[IMG] -> [IMG]http://imgur.com/sdZQQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh I see. They were already like that to begin with.

Stripperific. I'll play this game eventually, though it may have to wait until PSP2. It looks a lot like playing as Agent Smith--if that mechanic is fleshed out then it's the most original concept I've seen in a shooter in a while.

Skilletor

Forever said:
So her jeans are so tight they cling to her in little rings after being shredded?

I don't think I've seen a feature like that since Battle Raper.

No, no, my friend. Aya, thrifty as she is, has taken the shreds of her clothing and tied them around her body in fashionable, yet purposeful, bandages for the numerous wounds she has taken in battle.

Forever

Banned
Skilletor said:
No, no, my friend. Aya, thrifty as she is, has taken the shreds of her clothing and tied them around her body in fashionable, yet purposeful, bandages for the numerous wounds she has taken in battle.
It's a shame then that she seems to have injured her chest area.

LiK

Wow I think I predicted a shower scene a while back. Nomura giving people what they want. I don't plan on getting the Jpn ver unless there's a nice LE.

I just read 'Parasite Eve' the book, so I'm in that mitochondrial mood! I might import this... but I probably wouldn't receive it 'til the new year :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol :lol @ "Most Hyped for."

I'm most hyped for: My "waifu" Aya Brea coming back after 10+ years gone and Square possibly having a GOOD game for once in four years.

_dementia said:
Are the first two games required reading to enjoy this one?

Considering Square no longer has the PE license to use, and they're trying to distance themselves from it, no not really outside of "Aya gets Mitochondrial powers. Shit goes down."

However, I IMPLORE you to play them. They're by far two of the best games on the PSX, hands down.

duckroll

PE1 and PE2 probably aren't required in the absolute sense, but this is most certainly a sequel to the series. Maeda from PE1 is in the game, Eve and Kyle from PE2 are in the game. So fans who played the originals will definitely benefit in terms of having a better understanding of Aya, the worldview, and the supporting cast in part of the backstory.

Ellis Kim

Banned
I love your OP, duckroll :lol

Hooray for Kill Bill/shooter/RPG/dressup/graphicwhore/ladyinshower fans! :lol :lol

Soooo good.

You know what, I think I might just finally get around and finish Parasite Eve 2. I originally started it when I was lending my memory card out to someone, but I kind of lost interest after I died at the motel to some evil dog thing. I don't know if I want to start again from the beginning or if I should just pick up from where I left off.

yankee666

Gold Member
Forever said:
WTF? That's not even...

I've never played the series before but the swapping-into-people thing looks awesome. Is it available on the Go?

Yes, and cheaper

UMD 6090Y
PSN 4980Y

for those that dont want to pay $70+ship the PSN version is a good choise

Nice OT

Danj

_dementia said:
Are the first two games required reading to enjoy this one?

This. Also, does anyone know if 3rd Birthday is going to come out in Europe? Or should I just wait for a North American release and import it (assuming Costco v Omega doesn't knock that on the head)?

LiK

duckroll said:
PE1 and PE2 probably aren't required in the absolute sense, but this is most certainly a sequel to the series. Maeda from PE1 is in the game, Eve and Kyle from PE2 are in the game. So fans who played the originals will definitely benefit in terms of having a better understanding of Aya, the worldview, and the supporting cast in part of the backstory.
Beat PE1 way back and I hardly remember anything from the story. Maybe I'll just wiki it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I wish those of us in the US could do a PE1 + PE2 playthrough :/

Anyways, game looks fun, looking forward to the US release.

TheSeks

Ellis Kim said:
You know what, I think I might just finally get around and finish Parasite Eve 2. I originally started it when I was lending my memory card out to someone, but I kind of lost interest after I died at the motel to some evil dog thing. I don't know if I want to start again from the beginning or if I should just pick up from where I left off.

If you have Necrosis/Poison skill and the MP recovery/MP for it, you can easily win that battle just dodging his attacks and making him stay poisoned. Of course, you probably won't get the best ending
Because Flynt the Dog dies in that battle if you take too long
but it's easy and manageable for those not confident enough to attack/dodge.

Edit: Also when is the game out in the US? I may do an |OT| for it if Duckroll doesn't pre-empt me and I don't get lazy and forget to Photoshop banners up.

Peff

Danj said:
This. Also, does anyone know if 3rd Birthday is going to come out in Europe? Or should I just wait for a North American release and import it (assuming Costco v Omega doesn't knock that on the head)?

Yes, it's announced. It's very likely that there'll be a CE too, probably with, uh, "artwork".

Forever

Banned
yankee666 said:
Yes, and cheaper

UMD 6090Y
PSN 4980Y

for those that dont want to pay $70+ship the PSN version is a good choise

Nice OT
Sweet, good to know it'll be available on the PSP2.

I just can't stand gaming on my old PSP1000 and I'm sure as hell not buying any UMDs until I see the PSP2's storage solution.

AWESOME OP duckroll....awesome...

this game is so high on my list, my buddy is buying it and fed-exing it to me next week:D

I can't remember the last time I have been this excited...this has everything a game should have and IMO redeems what FFXIII left to be desired

It's a shame squareenix didn't want to go a little more out on a collectors edition (spoiled American here)

TheSeks

Castor Krieg said:
Can't wait for this to bomba, at least in the West. 11 years after PE2? PSP? :lol

Why must you stomp on my heart like that? ;______;

Top Bottom