• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkazan12

I adore RAM and am so happy for Thomas and Guy. I've been listening to the album since May and it's still great. I don't go back to Within too often, but it's a great album from front to back.

I love that they basically got the musicians that they were inspired by and an album based on that theme. Random memories and moments throughout their lives guided the album which is pretty cool.

effzee

Every award is controversial (see every GOTY thread).

I just watch the performances and collaborations.

Yeah the best part about these shows are the live performances. You get so many different genres and then mashups too.

Kendrick and Imagine Dragons is the perfect example.

John Legend was awesome too.

mr stroke

As someone who bought Homework on the day it came out, I'm absolutely thrilled for Daft Punk.. but honestly, the album is far from the best thing that was released during its period and not the best album even nominated (far from it). But then you look at Mumford who won for Babel and that album was shit in comparison to the first one so it could be worse. I think a rap & hip/hop nominee should have won the last two years from the albums that made the cut.

I think it's amazing that they've had such a renaissance late in their career. They really owe a lot to Kanye West -- he completely revitalized them from a commercial perspective.

not even close. if anything its the other way around.

Majmun

Beyonce, Grammy Queen: Raise a Gold Sippy Cup to the Night's Big Star

Yes, there was an awards show, but last night clearly belonged to Bey

jbcqcqmsGgyw0k.jpg

So: Beyoncé. Once and forever, Beyoncé. Let's raise a gold sippy cup to the queen of this and every night, Beyoncé. She owned the Grammys from the opening seconds of "Drunk in Love." Everybody knew her big number was going to slay, and we were all correct, as she rode her surfboard with nothing but her voice and a chair and her wet hair and the most emotionally omnivorous will-to-awesome in the music game. When Jay Z finally showed up, it looked as if all he could do was marvel at Bey's "nice planet, I'll take it" soul power. Like the rest of us.

But let's face it — by that time, most of us were already busy re-watching Beyoncé's "Drunk in Love" for the umpteenth time. It's hard to believe this performance didn't exist 24 hours ago — it's already hard to imagine the world without it. Guess the universe conspired to bring us Bey and Jay. Thanks, universe!

jzNc7pKiuoKJs.png

Rolling Stone

Amen
ib1aICc5lqSSzo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom