• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Affluent of SV, NYC, etc. have started doomsday prepping

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

The land purchase restrictions that you often see recommended here in SF, LA, Seattle, and Vancouver have long been in place for foreign buyers in China.

Only in the cities where there are restrictions in place for all non-local Chinese, and the restrictions on foreigners are often looser than the restrictions for non-local Chinese. For example, a Chinese person from Shanghai or even 30 minutes away in Tianjin is more restricted from buying housing in Beijing (they need to work in Beijing and pay taxes in Beijing for 5 years), while a foreigner just needs a work visa with a Beijing employer (no restriction on timing in Beijing) to be able to buy in Beijing.

I haven't become a prepper (yet), but the way the country is headed has me thinking about getting armed. Difficult to do here in NYC, though.

For once I see the utility of owning a firearm in the way Republicans probably have for decades.

I haven't become a prepper (yet), but the way the country is headed has me thinking about getting armed. Difficult to do here in NYC, though.

For once I see the utility of owning a firearm in the way Republicans probably have for decades.

The coasts are probably the safest places in case of an internal societal collapse. It's the Rust Belt and the South, where long-term ethnic, partisan, and racial divides have been simmering for decades, that would likely play host to prolonged, internecine civil conflicts.

shoreu

I was just saying this they'll fuck up the planet then save themselves.

Fucking 2012 is gonna be a real thing

Violet_0

Banned
what is he trying to accomplish with solar panels on some island in the pacific northwest? Produce enough electricity for one week every year?

Drazgul

Prepping won't do you any good. Only those mobile enough to scavenge and brutal enough to pillage will survive.

The coasts are probably the safest places in case of an internal societal collapse.

Until the food runs out from the supermarkets, that is.

I've got a better idea.

Stop bankrolling Republicans and trying to screw over the middle class and the poor.

There, was that too hard?
It's much easier to still only think of yourself, which is why this guy bought property on an island.

Does anyone know if thoughts like this guys were prevailent before the market crash of 29? It seems like if there were going to be roving gangs that took people out it would have happened then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom