• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S3 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

Paige didn't tell Pastor Tim they were spies. I bet Elizabeth and Phil are going to dig some really shady shit on the pastor and show Elizabeth how the real world is.

I feel like that's what's going to happen as well. They'll either find something bad about him or worse, fabricate something about him to get her away from him, like he's a creeper or something since he's always felt that way in how he's portrayed.

They can't really kill him since that would destroy their relationship with Paige completely and I don't know if an "accident" would work at this time, but they can discredit him and ruin his reputation in her eyes and bring her closer to them again. I'm just hoping Philip starts to flip soon.

jonnyp

Man fuck Paige, but more importantly, fuck the writers. This is idiotic. You have to be the lowest of the low to turn and betray your own parents. I don't think Paige has been shown to be that.

Paige has brains unlike her despicable parents. I hope they meet a most violent and painful death. They're the most unlikable characters that's ever been on TV after Joffrey.

Dhx

Paige has brains unlike her despicable parents. I hope they meet a most violent and painful death. They're the most unlikable characters that's ever been on TV after Joffrey.

In what universe is Philip unlikable? You may despise his actions, but he's incredibly likable.

coleco

Supposedly, Paige has had a comfortable upbringing and loving and supporting parents, yet she treats them like abusers once she is told the truth, even though her memories, routines and relations remain intact by this new information. She doesn't know what they do, even their travel agency is real, but she has already sentenced them.

She then prefers to rely on the pastor and wife, a couple of strangers she's known for a few months, rather than her parents, who insist are open to any questions and discussion. She pretends to be adult enough to consider going to Africa as a volunteer but can't grasp the consequences of outing her parents and the seriousness of the situation.

She blames her parents for not having a 'real family' so she is taken to meet her grandmother, whom her mother hasn't seen for years, and all she could do is stand there all judgmental and smug, cold and distant like she was at the zoo watching two contagious monkeys she'd rather not touch.

Paige, you are dead to me.

Blader

Supposedly, Paige has had a comfortable upbringing and loving and supporting parents, yet she treats them like abusers once she is told the truth, even though her memories, routines and relations remain intact by this new information.

But they're not intact, they're poisoned by the fact that they'd been lying to her that entire time.

You may have had a lot fun times and good years with an ex, but if you go through a bad break-up or find out he/she was cheating on you, do you still look back on those same memories as fondly?

rex

Paige is the most detestable character on tv today.

We should’ve seen it from day one actually. She’s cold and distant from her parents, especially her mother Elizabeth, who as far as Paige knows, and honestly, as reality shows, has done everything in her power to provide a good life for her children. Does Paige show any appreciation for the life they built for her? None. Instead she’s openly contemptuous of her parents, happily ignorant of the shit they have to navigate on a daily basis while she’s wallowing in her own self pity.

If Paige’s sins included only demanding the love from her parents that this little aloof princess never once shows herself, we could conclude our discussion now and excuse her from her one vice. But the demands of Paige go much further don’t they. She wants to know the truth about her parents, desperately, pathetically, seeking to draw back the curtain that all of must retreat behind from time to time, with our own thoughts, our own feelings, far away from the prying eyes of the world. But that’s not good enough for Paige. Ms. Center of the Universe wants her parents to bear all, not even to the entire world, but just to herself, the great Paige. Disgusting.

And does Paige return the favor? Why of course not. She secretly adheres to a questionable religion. She offers up the amount of $600 to Pastor Tim and his assuredly fraudulent efforts to feed refugees half a world away. She hatches a plot with her new Christian allies to maneuver Philip and Elizabeth into agreeing to her baptism. She decides, entirely on her own apparently, to stay over at the good Pastor’s house and she MUST KNOW that her parents wouldn’t approve.

Paige is needy, underhanded, and insubordinate. But the thing that bothers me the most about Paige is the lying. After her mother takes her on the trip to Europe that Paige herself once squandered on Pastor Tim’s phony mission to Africa, after Elizabeth gives Paige what she said she wanted all along, which was to know the truth, and to meet her real family, in the form of her sweet grandmother, Paige immediately betrays her parents to Pastor Tim and Alice. This happens in the span of minutes folks. Do not let the tears fool you. She feels nothing underneath.

Brevity demands I skip over the long catalogue of Paige’s hypocrisy, nosing her way around Henry’s room, depriving him of the privacy she demands from everyone else.

Paige Jennings. Liar, Hypocrite, Fraud.

Mindlog

At the age of 3 Paige was kidnapped and replaced with a deep cover counter-intelligence agent as part of an operation to turn the illegals.
Jared had to kill the family when his cover was almost blown. Luckily some quick thinking means he now has access to vast amounts of sensitive information.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
What Paige has really had is two absentee parents, so it's not really any wonder that she latches on to two parental figures that offer her more than an occasional have a good day as she goes off to school. People can say blood is thicker than water all they want, but it's really the bonds you build and her parents haven't been there to do much work on those.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The most detestable character on TV? Maybe if you only watch this show, and like...three minutes out of context.

Paige is the most detestable character on tv today.

We should’ve seen it from day one actually. She’s cold and distant from her parents, especially her mother Elizabeth, who as far as Paige knows, and honestly, as reality shows, has done everything in her power to provide a good life for her children. Does Paige show any appreciation for the life they built for her? None. Instead she’s openly contemptuous of her parents, happily ignorant of the shit they have to navigate on a daily basis while she’s wallowing in her own self pity.

If Paige’s sins included only demanding the love from her parents that this little aloof princess never once shows herself, we could conclude our discussion now and excuse her from her one vice. But the demands of Paige go much further don’t they. She wants to know the truth about her parents, desperately, pathetically, seeking to draw back the curtain that all of must retreat behind from time to time, with our own thoughts, our own feelings, far away from the prying eyes of the world. But that’s not good enough for Paige. Ms. Center of the Universe wants her parents to bear all, not even to the entire world, but just to herself, the great Paige. Disgusting.

And does Paige return the favor? Why of course not. She secretly adheres to a questionable religion. She offers up the amount of $600 to Pastor Tim and his assuredly fraudulent efforts to feed refugees half a world away. She hatches a plot with her new Christian allies to maneuver Philip and Elizabeth into agreeing to her baptism. She decides, entirely on her own apparently, to stay over at the good Pastor’s house and she MUST KNOW that her parents wouldn’t approve.

Paige is needy, underhanded, and insubordinate. But the thing that bothers me the most about Paige is the lying. After her mother takes her on the trip to Europe that Paige herself once squandered on Pastor Tim’s phony mission to Africa, after Elizabeth gives Paige what she said she wanted all along, which was to know the truth, and to meet her real family, in the form of her sweet grandmother, Paige immediately betrays her parents to Pastor Tim and Alice. This happens in the span of minutes folks. Do not let the tears fool you. She feels nothing underneath.

Brevity demands I skip over the long catalogue of Paige’s hypocrisy, nosing her way around Henry’s room, depriving him of the privacy she demands from everyone else.

Paige Jennings. Liar, Hypocrite, Fraud.

This is a joke post, no?

rex

The most detestable character on TV? Maybe if you only watch this show, and like...three minutes out of context.

Well its true i dont watch many shows, but of the ones i watch iv yet to see a bigger miscreant.

I base that on two considerations.

The first is the level of betrayal (huge in this case; paige knows very well her parents can go to jail over this) vs the supposed wrongs done to her by her parents, which is basically nil. Her parents have done everything in the world for paige, even going so far as to offer her at least some support in the gigantic fit shes thrown these last two seasons in the form of her conversion to christianity. Her parents only crime, as far as i can see, is they didnt disclose every single aspect of their lives to their nosy, clingy daughter.

Second, the disparity between the standards paige holds other people to compared to her own behavior is enormous. In other words, shes the textbook definition of self righteous, and whatever sins her parents have committed against her, shes guilty of ten times over.

Any sympathy for her is misguided imo.

faridmon

This page is utter madness. Emotions are getting better of some people
Neither Paige and her parents are loathsome. All of them are doing things their emotions and logic tells them to. Philip and Elizabeth are doing work for what they believe in, which is a a great good for their country and hence for the world as the show has shown, American bureaucracy isn't the most honest system out there.

Paige, is just a child. She have been heavily influenced by the church she went in and have no perspective on what he parents perceives as right. She maybe spoilt, but she is just fraudulent child who doesn't know any better. She is a good hearted kid, takes care of her brother, supportive of her parents absence from home (before they spilled the beans) and showed a strong emotions to civil right movements and doing good for the greater good.

emrober5

Not reading through this whole thread, so I'm not sure if it has been posted here.

But, the theory my wife and I have is that Pastor Tim is a Russian plant used to see if Paige is ready.

Philippo

Just saw the season finale.

2dd.jpg

jay23

Not reading through this whole thread, so I'm not sure if it has been posted here.

But, the theory my wife and I have is that Pastor Tim is a Russian plant used to see if Paige is ready.

Wasn't the way Paige met pastor Tim totally random? She cut school and met someone on a bus, who then took her to church. Something could definitely be up with him tho, I like how they wrote his character.

coleco

Ok, for now I'll chalk up Paige's reactions to her being a disoriented and malleable teenager. She better watch her step, though, the spies business is not some mickey mouse shit. The instant she was told about her parents origins and occupation could be her death sentence.

BTW, I just realised the series is not coming back until february 2016 :/

In what world is Paige more detestable than her parents?

I mean sure we saw Philip murder an innocent man in the finale, but Paige was pretty sulky which is clearly worse.

I guess every show has its own version of Skyler. Geez, what a strange coincidence that it's almost always a woman that a portion of a the fan base irrationally rages against.

rex

I mean sure we saw Philip murder an innocent man in the finale, but Paige was pretty sulky which is clearly worse.

I guess every show has its own version of Skyler. Geez, what a strange coincidence that it's almost always a woman that a portion of a the fan base irrationally rages against.

Nobody hated paige until she ratted out her parents.

Its true, shes always been a giant pain in the ass for philip and elizabeth, but that has nothing to do with gender and in any case no one hated her for it.

-griffy-

Banned
I don't see how what Paige did could be considered bad at all. It's the logical thing to do. Which is what makes the scenario, and the entire show, so appealing. Making the "right" thing so incredibly conflicted. The entire show is based on the idea that you will root for Soviet spies, and root against American intelligence agents on some level. You don't want Phillip and Elizabeth to be caught, and at the same time you want Stan to succeed. But then you also want the opposite of both. It's a beautiful contradiction, and Paige's "betrayal" is perfectly in line with that idea. The show is perhaps the most morally gray show currently running because of these reasons.

I can understand being upset with Paige I guess, but I feel like actually hating the character because of what she does is missing or grossly simplifying some of the main themes of the show.

IronRinn

My while worry this season was that they would go in the direction of Paige not acting like she did and becoming a spy which, to me, seems like the illogical way to go. I don't know, I thought what she did made complete sense.

Edit: Read back a few posts. I don't even know what to say. I mean, there were some scenes where she got on my nerves but "detestable"?

hom3land

That's what my wife and I were thinking too.

Also Wtf why did he show Martha what he looks like? I assumed he would kill her after showing her. Seems a crazy risk.

Also Wtf why did he show Martha what he looks like? I assumed he would kill her after showing her. Seems a crazy risk.
That thought occurred to me too.

Yes it's a crazy risk. The point is that Philip's losing it, so we've got to see some of the "show me don't tell me" parts of him losing it.

rex

I thought that was a pretty clever instance of the show playing with viewer expectation. A few weeks ago, seeing Elizabeth's real face meant death. But it didnt go down that way with Philip.

It reminded me of Liz goin to the i think it was an AA meeting just to cultivate an asset. I thought that was real at first, and then when philip went to Est this week i thought he was faking it like she was, but it appears legit.

That would be ridiculous, even on a show that stretches plausibility as frequently as this one does.

At this point, I don't hate Paige at all. I would totally understand her feelings and motivations if it were me. And personally, as far rooting interests go, I hope Philip defects and somehow manages to take the kids with him. And the struggle will be to see if Elizabeth is on board or not. My guess is she wouldn't be and that would make for some great drama. But we'll see what the writers actually have in store for us.

faridmon

At this point, I don't hate Paige at all. I would totally understand her feelings and motivations if it were me. And personally, as far rooting interests go, I hope Philip defects and somehow manages to take the kids with him. And the struggle will be to see if Elizabeth is on board or not. My guess is she wouldn't be and that would make for some great drama. But we'll see what the writers actually have in store for us.

I can see Philip defecting, although I wouldn't that to happen. The best thing about this series is their presentation of an ''evil'' megapower and their take on who is good and bad. I really like the fact that Soviet is seen from another point of view, so if Philip defects, it would take the whole illusion away and be another show about god 'ol Americans Vs the Evil empire.

Saty

Having just gotten around to watching the finale, it was iffy for me regarding the Martha plot.
First of all, having the tech guy in the 'Previously' section was a dead giveaway he was going to be killed and framed - a solution i already said i dislike.

Thing is, i didn't get if Phillip was acting on his own for himself or if these were the Center's orders. I'm leaning on the former because the latter just doesn't hold water and is a bad solution. The Center has no need of Martha since the bug was discovered. She has nothing further to contribute to the cause. In fact, after Phillip de-disguised himself to her, Martha is a danger - she has to go.

And if the Center does want to keep her then a frame job should have been set up across several episodes and not sprung up inside the finale. That's cheap.

Which leads me to believe that Phillip was acting on his own and following no orders. It ties to what he's going through emotionally. He needs better reasons to kill, he isn't convinced his work is doing good, and it certainly isn't for him. He was able to go through killing the tech guy presumably because he was doing it for Martha, which he grew to like, in order for her to keep her job and current life.

If that's the case then i understand it but you have to question it standing up to scrutiny. Phillip plans by himself the frame-job in a short time, which would lead to the crime scene seem too staged, like someone wants the FBI to think the guy's the traitor. It's too convenient. The place Phillip stashed the incriminating stuff is too obvious and pretty reachable and not hidden well at all - basically in the drawer wrapped in cloth. Way to easy and unlike someone who is supposed to have been doing this for quite some time.
And he decides to kill himself now rather than shortly after being grilled for 3 hours?

Alarm bells should be ringing to whomever is overseeing the case. They shouldn't buy it. Not to mention that all the dubious signs that Martha was hiding something haven't gone anywhere.

If the Center ordered the set-up then it's a cheap and badly executed solution.
If it's the most likely scenario of Phillip taking matters to his own hands then his rushed and all-too-convenient frame-job should still keep Martha on the FBI's cross-hairs. Which means Martha has to be killed.

I would have liked to see that thread to have been resolved in the finale. Maybe it was longer..48m runtime was disappointing. Bring back the length of the series' premiere for season's 4 opener and finale.

The only good way to keep Martha around was to have the Center order it and for the set-up to be depicted throughout several episodes. Really no point in springing this as a last minute 'twist'.

--

Lots of words about that one thing. Rest of the stuff was riveting and makes S4 potentially explosive. Really want to see how they untangle the situation with Paige, if they do at all.
Man, imagine if by the end of next season Phillip and Elizabeth forcibly ship Paige out to Russia to get 'broken' there. That could be the thing that gets Phillip out of this whole thing.

The Center has no need of Martha since the bug was discovered. She has nothing further to contribute to the cause.

That's not actually true. She was contributing plenty of intel to them before she ever planted the bug, and she continued to do so even once the bug was discovered (such as her tip to Phillip about mail robot's repairs). Yeah, the removal of the bug is a setback, but Martha is still a valuable asset, albeit a high-risk one.

Saty

That's not actually true. She was contributing plenty of intel to them before she ever planted the bug, and she continued to do so even once the bug was discovered (such as her tip to Phillip about mail robot's repairs). Yeah, the removal of the bug is a setback, but Martha is still a valuable asset, albeit a high-risk one.
Well, that's right.

So supposed Martha is still viable and the Russians want to keep her at her job -- what was everyone's else impression of the set-up job? Did you gather Phillip acted on orders from the Center and that it provided all that needed to frame the guy? Or do you think this was Phillip acting on his own to help Martha out? Was there any comment about that by the creators?
Elizabeth didn't react as if Phillip did in on his own mind.

If letting someone else take the fall instead of Martha was an operation ordered by the Center, then is lame and cheap to have written in into the finale like that.

1. It's not a surprise. Framing someone in place of Martha was the first thing viewers would be thinking of as a way to deal with the investigation. Keeping a lid on it until the finale episode doesn't contribute anything, it only detracts.

2. Phillip's works was hurried and not a lot of thought went into the framing itself, even planting evidence in too much of an ordinary place that would seem too sloppy or convenient in the eyes of the FBI.
If that was the plan that the Center ordered then it's borderline amateurish.

This is a special kind of show, and I do not know of any other that is quite like it. I've blasted through all three seasons in the past week (thanks Amazon) and it doesn't feel like I've sat through three seasons of television. The creators and writers have shown so much restraint in the pacing and plotting of their story that it amazes me this show can have plot lines dangling from the first season but at the same time it doesn't feel dragged out or overstaying its welcome. While watching the first season, how many of you still expected Martha or even Nina to still be around at this point? Even though they have stuck around somehow none of the characters ever feel "safe" to me, despite the longevity of certain characters I feel that anyone of them can go at any time. Another example being the subplot of Phillip and the underage girl, in most shows that plot line would probably have been resolved. However, with this show we could be sitting in the middle of season five wondering if tonight is the night Phillip adds statutory rape to his list of heinous acts. The Americans isn't a show that relies on character deaths or crazy twist to keep its story entertaining. It tells its story at a natural progression. I guarantee that come January when I look back at the previous year of television and think of its most intense moments, I will think of Phillip sitting on his bed trying to bare his soul to his wife while the scene cuts back and forth with his daughter making a phone call. i have to give major props to whoever edited that scene in addition to the soundtrack and work of the actors.

Much like this post I've just made, if I had to describe The Americans to anyone I would tell them it is a show where nothing happens, but at the same time everything happens.

Rehynn

Much like this post I've just made, if I had to describe The Americans to anyone I would tell them it is a show where nothing happens, but at the same time everything happens.

Yeah, this is probably why The Americans and Mad Men are my two favorite shows.

iNvid02

so glad this was renewed, it would be disgusting if it got left permanently hanging.

hopefully season 4 will open with pastor tim in a trunk.

ILWHgkR.jpg

- Foreign Policy: The Exchange: Andrei Soldatov and Joe Weisberg Talk Russian Intel
Ex-CIA officer Joe Weisberg debuted his TV show The Americans in January 2013, chronicling the lives of two “illegals”—deep-undercover Russian spies seemingly living a normal American existence. Weisberg’s series was partly inspired by 10 illegals who had been apprehended on U.S. soil three years earlier. That event also revealed something far more dramatic, according to investigative journalist Andrei Soldatov: Russian intelligence appeared desperate to relive the glory days of the long-defunct Communist International (Comintern), a Soviet-era organization that recruited party sympathizers from around the world, while strengthening state security in the meantime. Weisberg, whose show recently aired its third-season finale, and Soldatov, whose book on Russian surveillance, The Red Web, will be published in September, recently debated the merits of illegals, trusting agents, and the world according to Edward Snowden.
Joe Weisberg: I have a dual perspective on the use of illegals. What is the point of continuing to run them? On the one hand, I see no purpose in it whatsoever—of putting all this effort into training these people and giving them these deep covers when they really have nothing to do, very little access, and no way to produce useful intelligence. On the other hand, I feel the same way really about all espionage; it’s all useless. Even the SVR [the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service] officers in the embassies, it’s the same for them. I don’t think they have access, and I don’t think they produce useful intelligence either. But, if you look at it differently, the illegals at least really have much better cover. Unless there’s a traitor who gives them up, they are generally impossible for the intelligence services to discover. So in a certain sense, it makes more sense to use illegals.

Andrei Soldatov: I have to disagree with you. My opinion is that illegals are the most unofficial way to do intelligence because it means that you have your officers trained for years and years to pretend that they are, in this case, Americans. The illegals who were used for many years in the United States were put in a very dangerous situation: These people were not protected by diplomatic power. If they’d been exposed, they would have been in a position to provide all details to counterintelligence. Many years ago, I had a very interesting conversation with someone from the SVR who told me a fascinating story. He said that some of these illegals in the United States, as they retired, they asked as a special reward to stay in the country. And I thought, they want to live in this culture they spent their life trying to undermine. If the people that trained and spent their careers in the United States do spend the rest of their lives also in the United States, they’re very vulnerable to counterintelligence. I would be very cautious of these people if I were in charge of Russian foreign intelligence.

JW: There’s a very interesting memoir by a former Directorate S officer who claims that the illegals were never fully trusted—for exactly the reason you’re saying. He says they were sometimes given a drug that was undetectable and a sort of truth serum. They were then questioned under the influence, sometimes waking up and not necessarily realizing they had been drugged. That was the level at which the Soviet Union didn’t fully trust its own agents.
AS: The scandal of illegals in 2010 was portrayed in Russia as a huge victory for the SVR, despite the fact that these guys were all caught—a PR celebration to say that Russian intelligence is back. But in the United States, the perception was completely different. How can you explain this contradiction?

JW: Well, the very first response was the FBI saying, “These guys are so dangerous.” But very quickly the media caught on to the fact that even the FBI couldn’t present any proof that they had actually done anything. Soon the reporting turned to the idea that these guys had no value and weren’t a real risk. It took about half a year for the intelligence community to fight a kind of rear-guard action, to say, “Here’s what the illegals might have been doing that was really dangerous, so you should be scared of them.” For example, one of them was close to somebody who was close to Hillary Clinton. And also they may have been communicating with people in the NSA [National Security Agency]. It’s in the [U.S.] intelligence community’s interest for the illegals to have posed a major, serious threat. When it was time to do The Americans, I was less interested in the reality of what illegals did or didn’t do. I was interested in the perception, in the spies among us, and in the fear at that time—Ronald Reagan, the evil empire.When it was time to do The Americans, I was less interested in the reality of what illegals did or didn’t do. I was interested in the perception, in the spies among us, and in the fear at that time—Ronald Reagan, the evil empire. Of course, the illegals were actually there to act in wartime, to go and blow things up, poison water supplies—things like that. They did have a fairly insidious mission; it just wasn’t really acted upon. So I wanted to put back together a fantasy of the worst possible things and make it more dramatic. There’s no question that in the show these guys are much more active and are doing much worse things than illegals ever did. There’s some conflict between that and the main purpose of the show, which is really to say, “Take a look at the enemy; the enemy is really just like you, so stop seeing them so much as your enemy.”

AS: Yes, I think that’s a very good point to look at the actions. That was always the commentary from the SVR guys. One point of the illegals was always to act in a “special period,” which actually means war—to have a special cache of weapons in times of war, that illegals might use to hide weapons and explosives. In the scandal in 2010, everybody tried to get comments from the SVR. Eventually, a general was dispatched. When he was asked, “Well this program is so expensive, we have left these guys for years, and what is the result?” he said the same speech: “Well, in ‘a special period,’ these guys might be useful.” So they developed this program when they had in mind a “period” when there might be a big war between Russia—or the Soviet Union—and the United States. They developed special procedures and they still work from these procedures. They still have the same principles. It’s fascinating, that so many years have passed, nobody thinks about the big war between the two super powers, but nevertheless, they still have these things.

JW: I’ll tell a favorite illegals story: They were also sent to Eastern Europe, interestingly enough—to the Soviet allies. For example, there was an illegal that was sent to Czechoslovakia in 1968; this person, like many of the illegals, had become somewhat westernized and he sent back to Russia these very honest accounts about what was going on and was really sort of pro-the forces of Czechoslovakia that were fighting for freedom and independence. This person was fearless and, to a certain degree, because of some of the politics of the illegals program, was able to send these reports and didn’t have any repercussions for it. Of course the general officers in the embassy were under great pressure to say what everybody wanted to hear. That was a problem with Soviet intelligence throughout the entire Soviet period—that you couldn’t really give accurate intelligence because you could lose your job over it. But this illegal was able to go into Czechoslovakia and say, “Look, these people are not so bad; they are kind of doing something decent”—and send these reports back to Moscow.

Man really wish I'd come across this thread during the season. This season was great, took the show to another level in my opinion. It's crazy how great this show is.

Anyway, really rooting for Phillip to make a move towards defecting next season, though I'm not sure he would ever be able to turn on Elizabeth and she's definitely down with the cause til death. My girl Martha was amazing and I'm really surprised she survived the season, really wonder how they could mix the story lines of Phillips sadness and regret with his coming out to Martha.

Pastor Tim and his wife are dead, Paige is going to have a harsh wake up call. Maybe Tim is KGB, maybe. I don't think it's beyond possibility and would really like to see how that plays out instead of seeing them simply slaughtered by Phillip and Elizabeth.

I can not wait for season 4, best show on tv now that Mad Men is over.

BeeDog

After all the praising this show has received, I decided to start watching it around two weeks ago. I'm almost done with the second season (2 episodes left I think), and it has quickly risen to one of my favorite TV shows ever. Fantastic all around, can't really think of many complaints. I love how smaller points from earlier episodes aren't forgotten and can come back in full force, and the acting is excellent, especially from Rhys and Russell.

I hope the Swedish Netflix puts season 3 up soon, since I wanna catch up with all y'all.

After all the praising this show has received, I decided to start watching it around two weeks ago. I'm almost done with the second season (2 episodes left I think), and it has quickly risen to one of my favorite TV shows ever. Fantastic all around, can't really think of many complaints. I love how smaller points from earlier episodes aren't forgotten and can come back in full force, and the acting is excellent, especially from Rhys and Russell.

I hope the Swedish Netflix puts season 3 up soon, since I wanna catch up with all y'all.

As good as season 1&2 are season 3 takes it to another level. Hope you get to see it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom