• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The awesome super high resolution PC screenshot thread.

Darklord

Banned
There are some amazing screenshots in this thread. Those crysis ones look better than mine and I'm running at almost max. 0_0

Here are some of the latest Red Faction on PC, 1080p, almost at max and DX10. Not sure why they are worse quality when I uploaded them, they look fine on my PC, especially the first picture. Anyone know why?

fozkpi.jpg

ezhfz6.jpg

decuh.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yoboman said:
Anybody played Morrowind like this?

Please elaborate. A lot of the foliage looks like stuff from Oblivion. Is this actually an Oblivion mod or can Morrowind be modded to look like that?

FoxSpirit

Are they already jpgs on your PC? If not, they may have been too large and tinypic reconverted them. Or they were too large period, I think tinypic has a 1MB size limit.

theox2g6

Neo Member
More NFS shots at lower rez with more AA

5zfrrd.jpg

2q04nt4.jpg

2j4vgif.jpg

2v8qxia.jpg

2mqnst4.jpg

4iinaf.jpg

250tkb6.jpg

2h38xhd.jpg

29bmdx.jpg

2eoih44.jpg

289wt8p.jpg

2dmegs3.jpg

I'll post up some Mario Shots when i get more time. Most of these shots are older

x3sphere

Some screenshots from STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl with the 2009 complete mod pack. I was running at 2560x1600 but resized these down to 1920x1200. This game is incredibly immersive.

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-05-30-35.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-06-06-38.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-07-49-52.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-08-07-02.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-13-16-72.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-05-16-50.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-05-01-51.jpg

XR_3DA-2009-10-18-03-02-30-41.jpg

theox2g6

Neo Member
Windows 7 is awesome. God of War 2 runs even better in emu so I decided to start from scratch and playthrough again.

9j0z7s.jpg

25gfa7c.jpg

2vad3lx.jpg

2ngycsi.jpg

dcer08.jpg

jtmcea.jpg

161nf4k.jpg

dbtz5f.jpg

2d27g95.jpg

2mqrek0.jpg

qo6m35.jpg

28vszli.jpg

2w66n9z.jpg

2whngqs.jpg

8zqydv.jpg

theox2g6

Neo Member
All other settings standard, VU cycle stealing frameskipping, x2 Cycle rate and all those other speed hacks checked, All other settings default, SPU X for perfect sound, GSDX 1076m with directx 9. A fakehdr.fx hack I personally use to improve the visuals. If you want it, just look for the resident evil 4 bloom RC2 mod and place the files in your pcsx2 folder. Run in dx9 with gsdx 1076m(google it, it is very important and only works with this one)

Dennis

Banned
Blizzard said:
Those 2009 shots are amazing. I still want to do my first playthrough on vanilla settings, but that's tempting...
No no, go with the Complete 2009 mod for your first playthrough - the graphics are so much better its ridiculous.

The game is rock hard though, so you may consider a pretty low difficulty setting if you are the kind of gamer who gets frustrated by dieing a lot.

I must have died a couple of hundred times :lol

Kabouter

Mr. Snrub said:
Kane and Lynch has some surprisingly good moments and art direction.

http://i38.tinypic.com/msf9k2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/wmgxo7.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/oegds.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Surprising? Really? It's IO Interactive, given the strength of the Hitman games in such areas it is not surprising in the slightest.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Those Need for Speed Shift screens are fantastic, at least IQ wise. I barely see any jaggies at all.

Kabouter said:
Surprising? Really? It's IO Interactive, given the strength of the Hitman games in such areas it is not surprising in the slightest.

For all the mediocre reviews it got, I was expecting something completely...mediocre.

Mr. Snrub said:
For all the mediocre reviews it got, I was expecting something completely...mediocre.
It's pretty short and it only gets worse the further along you get.

The first few levels are really good though.

Ogs said:
I would say pretty much everything city based is awesome in K&L, when it hits the jungle.... then it gets a bit, no ?

Exactly what I thought...don't know if the engine wasn't designed for the jungle, but it was just boring, ugly, and completely generic.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Alright folks, time for the ubersexy HD Rez post of DOOOM. Brace yourselves motherfuckers.
This is the japanese ps2 version running on the latest pcsx2 beta playing at 1920x1080 with an internal rendering resolution of 2048x2048. The pics might look at bit jaggy due to downscaling but on my screen they are smooth and crisp as hell and it never drops below 60fps. Here we go.

dz8imw.jpg

33k84g8.jpg

2ibyvxe.jpg

29atyqs.jpg

2j2i4hh.jpg

33nvofd.jpg

2wrm68l.jpg

28tyg5u.jpg

2lc6ybn.jpg

6okjkn.jpg

28quphw.jpg

2lbj5mq.jpg

2dsobj7.jpg

f4icn9.jpg

fdybsg.jpg

8xrk9l.jpg

200wumv.jpg

28tc9h.jpg

2rng8s1.jpg

4v1fzp.jpg

34ec4kz.jpg

317b6mr.jpg

205qlac.jpg

2jd49ya.jpg

2rqlkm1.jpg

2czvm1t.jpg

2updd00.jpg

im3zon.jpg

Durante

Is that the PC version or the PS2 version in PCSX2?

(It's amazing - and a bit sad - that many games being released these days still have significantly worse character models than SH3. And I'm talking about the HD platforms here)

The Hermit

I have a GTX 260, brand new. I think I'll change my pc to a Core 2 Quad ( I ve a core 2 duo) and 4 Gb of ram soon...

Can I play games like Crysis with very high detail with decent fps? My monitor can display at max 1600x1050 btw.

Baiano19 said:
I have a GTX 260, brand new. I think I'll change my pc to a Core 2 Quad ( I ve a core 2 duo) and 4 Gb of ram soon...

Can I play games like Crysis with very high detail with decent fps? My monitor can display at max 1600x1050 btw.

You already can.

Try clocking that CPU before ditching it, getting an increase in performance for free (or for $20 if you buy a new HSF) is better than paying $200 for it, no?

Crysis doesn't see any real worthwile benefit from a quad core, though you're probably going to be GPU bottlenecked anyway.

All the shots I took where with a rig sporting a GTX 260 and a budget Core 2 duo. Only difference is my gear is OCed so I get beffer performance out of it.

Try clcoking the GPU with EVGA Precision if you want, you can stress test it with OCCT's GPU test and ATI Tool.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Durante said:
Is that the PC version or the PS2 version in PCSX2?

(It's amazing - and a bit sad - that many games being released these days still have significantly worse character models than SH3. And I'm talking about the HD platforms here)

PC version. SH2 was a bit of a janky port, but SH3 is pretty much perfect. The two games in PCSX2 are still a little hit and miss.

IcedTea

D2MultiResGame-2009-10-28-22-05-48-.jpg

Not the best looking screenshot (just started playing again so I don't have any good spells to show off) but I think the game still looks really good in HD.

Sectus

luka said:
Whilst I'm here I might as well post the Silent Hill 3 shots I did a few days ago.

2ykxeew.jpg
Amazing and silly how the faces in that looks so much better than most current gen games. Most developers should definitely learn how to avoid that "plastic" look and render more natural looking skin.

A couple from the Witcher early game, all settings maxed, 1680 x 1050. Quite a gorgeous game I think, I am in complete awe of it. One of the best games I have played in a long time.

witcher2009-11-0200-57-54-24.jpg

witcher2009-11-0200-58-02-94png.png

I'll take more as I go throughout the game, those are just two I have on hand.

Edit: Photobucket seems intent on resizing my pics, whats the best alternative? Tinypic?

Zaptruder

Banned
There are over 150 mb of images in this last 50 page thread alone. Fuckin' a, this thread needs a warning for every-fucking-one.

Still.... I'm enjoying most of the screens. Except for endless God of War emulator shots. We get it! It looks better than it did on the pS2! Except it still looks kinda shit compared to the latest and greatest!

Zaptruder said:
There are over 150 mb of images in this last 50 page thread alone. Fuckin' a, this thread needs a warning for every-fucking-one.

Still.... I'm enjoying most of the screens. Except for endless God of War emulator shots. We get it! It looks better than it did on the pS2! Except it still looks kinda shit compared to the latest and greatest!

Um, I think "super high resolution PC screenshot thread" kind of covers that, no!? :lol

My GOTY 2009: Torchlight. It may not be the most detailed game, but the style and polish just blow me away in places. For some reason Tinypic takes a 1mb PNG and turns it into a 6mb one after I upload it, so click for bigger versions:

Its probably been discussed before.

But I'd really like emulator screenshots not to be in this thread.

Make a new thread for them or something.

MrPing1000 said:
Its probably been discussed before.

But I'd really like emulator screenshots not to be in this thread.

Make a new thread for them or something.

Why not? I think some of them are stunning.

Here's some shots from NBA 2K10...The game looks stunning compared to the console counterpart (which looks like a jaggy mess up close). The extra resolution and AA makes a huge huge difference in image quality. It's too bad this game is glitchy as hell. But the problems are forgiving at $20 bucks.

Everything cranked to max with 8x MSAA @ 1600x1200 (I get ~55 FPS like this. I turn down MSAA to 4x to get a solid 60 FPS). I'm running an E8400+4850

n9yj4ur4x3sptq7j6snk.png

g3mvm3ysgib0654925vi.png

4ckj09obox19f4q6iaqz.png

45eexsk92qxpoy0mkpdy.png

obiif7dgffwpiekeryyv.png

e144a2053s5pmpqs77oy.png

Tokubetsu

Gully State said:
Why not? I think some of them are stunning.

Here's some shots from NBA 2K10...The game looks stunning compared to the console counterpart (which looks like a jaggy mess up close). The extra resolution and AA makes a huge huge difference in image quality. It's too bad this game is glitchy as hell. But the problems are forgiving at $20 bucks.

Everything cranked to max with 8x MSAA @ 1600x1200 (I get ~55 FPS like this. I turn down MSAA to 4x to get a solid 60 FPS). I'm running an E8400+4850

Because this is a PC screenshot thread, not last gen games being emulated on PC hardware thread. The Emulation threads are basically that anyway.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Tokubetsu said:
Because this is a PC screenshot thread, not last gen games being emulated on PC hardware thread. The Emulation threads are basically that anyway.

It's not really any different than posting shots of ports of last gen games.

Top Bottom