• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The awesome super high resolution PC screenshot thread.

Tokubetsu said:
Because this is a PC screenshot thread, not last gen games being emulated on PC hardware thread. The Emulation threads are basically that anyway.

This. I don't want to see up-res shots of emulated games.

Zaptruder

Banned
This thread is making me wish this forum had some kind of minimize post view button so I could stop reloading the same massive posts.

At least it's off the last page. It's not even a question of bandwidth, it's that it becomes tedious to scroll through! Can't imagine having 100 posts per page view on.

Killing the emulator shots as well would help.

Durante

I don't dislike emulator shots, what I think is really needed is some kind of limit of shots per post that most agree on. Maybe 2 or 3 full-res shots per post, if you want to do more you can add thumbnails or text links, or wait and post them later. It would make people more selective in what they post and make "full" pages much more feasible to navigate.

clip

Durante said:
I don't dislike emulator shots, what I think is really needed is some kind of limit of shots per post that most agree on. Maybe 2 or 3 full-res shots per post, if you want to do more you can add thumbnails or text links, or wait and post them later. It would make people more selective in what they post and make "full" pages much more feasible to navigate.

I'll agree with this. The thread should be more akin to the HD Concept Art threads, where thumbnails are the standard.

Durante

I'll start this page off (barely adhering to my guidelines above) by posting 3 screenshots from DA:O (resized from 1920*1200):

(I'm testing a new image host, please tell me if you have problems loading these)

tried playing some tombraider underworld last night, couldn't play for long. got a really bad headache from the camera. it jitters or whatever when you move the character and the mouse around at the same time. also really weird animation/character movement stuff overall. a bit too annoying to play, might try again with 360 controller.. screen captures from deleted gameplay videos

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-16h12m33s46.png

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-16h13m09s155.png

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-16h16m32s140.png

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-16h16m38s194.png

Blizzard

Banned
Holy cow, I didn't remember Tomb Raider Underworld looking that good underwater. I thought I was playing with high settings too.

Merrick, I actually think the mouse bugged me too for some reason, and I usually play with mouse and keyboard. I might have ended up using the 360 controller instead, and for some reason the camera rotation is much smoother with that if I recall correctly. At least give it a shot for a pretty game. :)

As much as most people seemed to hate the underwater section at the start, I thought it was pretty gorgeous and not really annoying...I liked diving around and exploring stuff. And I was really impressed by the Super Metroid-esque part early on
with the ship turning on its end.

It's hard recommending NBA 2K10 b/c I know how buggy the game is but at $20 +given the great image quality (I've never played a sports game that looked this good...the console iterations are a jaggy mess up close), and with a promise of a large patch that addresses most of the issues, the complete lack of polish is more amusing than infuriating. I know I would be up in arms if I paid $60 for what they put out on the consoles.

BTW...I second the suggestion on posting thumbnails in this thread from now on. I love this thread and it has sold me on a few games but man is this thread hard to browse through.

will definitely try again with 360 pad, might have been something with the 120hz refresh rate I played with also that enhanced the jittering or something. but yeah, I thought the water part was fine also.

another water game, xenus2 white gold (white gold war in paradise). rpg fps thing. it's the sequel to boiling point road to hell. never going to be released outside russia it seems, because it looks like the devs have died (the team I mean, not the people heh).

more

sorry, can't be assed doing thumbnails.

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-19h27m48s201.png

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-19h31m05s129.png

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-19h28m33s146.png

vlcsnap-2009-11-14-19h33m57s60.png

b.e.r.g

Might as well post a couple of screens from my favorite online shooter Enemy Territory: Quake Wars!

These are all ingame actuall gameplay shots taken from a recorded online match. No Photoshop except from resizing.

2z74wut.jpg

2rxtnhv.jpg

2w53scm.jpg

1253zuh.jpg

28it8jq.jpg

9zptkz.jpg

2dsnw21.jpg

20rqkqa.jpg

w0j62g.jpg

16110yr.jpg

zjtj76.jpg

uwp6r.jpg

2lmuwcp.jpg

v3p2ck.jpg

2ni8axy.jpg

nph16f.jpg

2qukt1z.jpg

2370g2.jpg

2jg6zgp.jpg

idTech 4 represents :D

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Wow that looks seriously amazing. I'm gonna have to get back into that game. idtech 4 gets no respekt. That must have been the last openGL game..like...ever.

How did you get the DoF effects?

nice et:qw screens. super game

luka said:
Wow that looks seriously amazing. I'm gonna have to get back into that game. idtech 4 gets no respekt. That must have been the last openGL game..like...ever.

How did you get the DoF effects?
all the starbreeze games using högdahl's engine are opengl (both riddicks, thedarkness, probably the upcoming unannounced ea one and the upcoming ea bourne game)

edit.

TheExodu5 said:
It's too bad The Darkness was never on PC. Aside from the gameplay department, it's my favorite FPS since HL2.
yeah, superb game. I sent several emails to random starbreeze emails complaining about no pc version. no one cared. hehe. such a shame. played through the game on both 360 and ps3. man, the ps3 version is HIDEOS. but still worked fine. in other starbreeze news I hated the first riddick, but finally played through dark athena a couple of weeks ago. really great.

Red

Joseph Merrick said:
yeah, superb game. I sent several emails to random starbreeze emails complaining about no pc version. no one cared. hehe. such a shame. played through the game on both 360 and ps3. man, the ps3 version is HIDEOS. but still worked fine. in other starbreeze news I hated the first riddick, but finally played through dark athena a couple of weeks ago. really great.
23j4yvb.jpg
?

b.e.r.g said:
Might as well post a couple of screens from my favorite online shooter Enemy Territory: Quake Wars!

These are all ingame actuall gameplay shots taken from a recorded online match. No Photoshop except from resizing.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z74wut.jpg[IMG]

idTech 4 represents :D[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, those look amazing! I completely forgot that I have a copy of the game. It's still sealed too. I might install it if there is still a community playing.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Masta_Killah said:
Holy shit, those look amazing! I completely forgot that I have a copy of the game. It's still sealed too. I might install it if there is still a community playing.

There are still a handful of servers that are regularly full with no bots. It's a fantastic game but has a huge learning curve. Might want to spend a bit offline to get the hang of it.

Masta_Killah said:
There were still plenty of servers up (and people playing) in EU last time I checked.

Amazing game, probably my favorite online FPS.

Blizzard

Banned
brain_stew said:
Hot damn if there isn't some serious talent in the UT3 modding community.
When someone posted that in the other thread, someone posted some screenshots from Mass Effect and said it was just a ripoff of the Citadel. Was that true, or did the mod come before Mass Effect?

Durante said:
I am actually thinking about making an "Oblivion revisiting" thread, but doing a decent job of it would take at least 4 hours. It would be quite valuable though since most mod lists are quite out of date at this point. Maybe if more people are interested.

Let me quote the UESP: "For many players, installing Oblivion with a large set of mods will be the most complicated thing they've ever done with software."

I would love you forever if you made a thread like that. Oh dear lord please.

Red

Ballistictiger said:
TF2 has one of the most appealing visual and artstyle I've seen in a PC game.
Yeah, absolutely. Always looks great, running it on settings like in the above pic makes it even nicer.

Also makes me want a 5870 even harder, oh god I need it I need it bad

Tokubetsu

You just made me reinstall TF2 :lol

Something to do inbetween bouts of Dragon Age (2nd playthrough) and Shattered Horizon

Blizzard said:
When someone posted that in the other thread, someone posted some screenshots from Mass Effect and said it was just a ripoff of the Citadel. Was that true, or did the mod come before Mass Effect?

It really doesn't look like the Citadel, the architecture is completely different, and the lighting is on a whole other level.

b.e.r.g

I'd say the ETQW community is better now than ever. Mostly because the few that are left is playing for the love of the game. Most clans spread equally on the teams in order to get the match as balanced as possible, which results in many an epic battle. So many games gets decided in the very last second, so awesome!

The graphics are nice, but the games weak point is the movement and animations, which the screenshots don't show very well. Also, there is a shitload of stuff going on at all times, people are jumping, sprinting, running and gunning and bombs are flying in all directions, so you're in luck if you ever see someone up close for as much as a split second.

The DoF effect is only available on screenshots. It's called jitter, and basically it just shakes the screen so that some parts of the screenshot gets blurred. Use these console commands:

Code:
seta r_jitter [1/0] //enable/disable jitter
seta r_jitterradial [0-999] //sets the distance of the object that's to be left "in focus"
seta r_jitterradius [0-10] //the amount of jitter/blur

In combination with demo playback and FoV tweaking, it's a lot of fun to take screens :)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
The decision to lock the game at 30 fps was a bad one in my opinion. I know the game is extremely complex and it was probably necessary to get the physics to sync across clients, but it sure doesn't make it an attractive game in motion. Surely they could have use some kind of interpolation.
Still an awesome game though.

I just upgraded by graphics card from a 7300GT to a 9800GTX+ and was trying out some stuff. I really like the card. Here's a screenshot from the James Cameron's Avatar: The Movie: The Game: The Demo that I thought was fairly impressive.
vor0pe.jpg

Settings mostly at High, 2x AA, 1680x150 resolution.

Ceebs

Buttonbasher said:
I just upgraded by graphics card from a 7300GT to a 9800GTX+ and was trying out some stuff. I really like the card. Here's a screenshot from the James Cameron's Avatar: The Movie: The Game: The Demo that I thought was fairly impressive.
It's a great looking game for sure. I think I read that it's using the Farcry 2 engine.

dLMN8R

Ceebs said:
It's a great looking game for sure. I think I read that it's using the Farcry 2 engine.
Latest Co-Op, they said it's using the Far Cry engine. Which would explain why it actually looks pretty terrible in motion.

Blizzard

Banned
dLMN8R said:
Latest Co-Op, they said it's using the Far Cry engine. Which would explain why it actually looks pretty terrible in motion.
Have you tried running it on an ATI 5xxx card? I seem to recall it looking decent even on my old 4850 with settings turned down...on the right card I'd think it'd be amazing in motion. :/

Durante said:
I'll start this page off (barely adhering to my guidelines above) by posting 3 screenshots from DA:O (resized from 1920*1200):

(I'm testing a new image host, please tell me if you have problems loading these)

Wow, that's Dragon Age? Fuck, I need to get this! :lol

G0DLIKE

Took some screens of Mass Effect a few days ago. Thought this shot looked nice.

ME1.jpg

Photobucket has a max image size of 1024px × 640? Weak.

G0DLIKE said:
Took some screens of Mass Effect a few days ago. Thought this shot looked nice.

ME1.jpg

Photobucket has a max image size of 1024px × 640? Weak.

I've been thinking about picking up Mass Effect for the PC, as I've already run through the 360 version. How will it run on a Quad Core with an 8600GT and 2gigs of ram? Is it worth playing on the pc?

JdFoX187

Banned
Superblatt said:
I've been thinking about picking up Mass Effect for the PC, as I've already run through the 360 version. How will it run on a Quad Core with an 8600GT and 2gigs of ram? Is it worth playing on the pc?
It's worth playing for the steady framerate and kb/m controls. I played through it three times on the Xbox 360 and am still playing through it now on the PC with a new character.

Wag

Are those Dirt 2 shots in dx11? To be honest I have a GTX 295 and couldn't really tell the difference. Also, if you didn't notice, if you haven't figured it out you can change the graphics settings only during a race (kind of weird I know).

GWX

DiRT 2 looks really nice. I'm getting 45~60 fps @ 1440x900/High/4xMSAA with a Q6600/GTS250 512MB.

reduced these by 50%

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-27-56-02.jpg

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-30-35-72.jpg

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-31-53-14.jpg

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-32-05-92.jpg

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-32-34-05.jpg

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-37-42-70.jpg

rnr%202009-12-02%2017-40-06-98.jpg

this is all from the same race under single order mode. didn't start the campaign yet, it's fun enough just doing the different hauls or races from different locations with different trucks and loads for now. my russian isn't exactly great so still a bit intimidated by the storydriven campaign mode. will jump in soon. it doesn't look super good, especially the scenery is pretty rough, but the vehicles look great and the night time driving is awesome. maybe should have done some night screens. oh well. anyway the driving is superb (although the collisions and crash physics are pretty bad, but it's not carmageddon so who gives a shit), the map is huge. huge in that it actually takes a while to drive across. other trucking games like scs' ones have had maps which are supposed to be like most of mainland europe and so on and it takes 20 minutes to drive across the tiny scaled down piece of shit. but rignroll map is actually really varied and doesn't feel that small when you're driving.

so yeah. for anyone interested in trucking games this is rig'n'roll (international release next year), you can get the russian version right now from online.1c.ru. it's 500 rubles (17 dollars, they take visa now). drm is online activation starforce (no install crap that requires a reboot and that old bullshit style starforce, oh and 4 activations I think).

Top Bottom