• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best Manga Artists in your Opinion? (post Pictures!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

Hi!

So today i wanted to know who has the greatest artistic skill of any Mangaka in your Opinion.

I was just reading through Goodnight Punpun by Inio Asano when i remembered how awesome his Drawings are to me.

With Pictures like those:

014.png

qgoodnight_punpun_v013_p124-125.jpg

i really had to hold in for a while and appreciate how incredibly detailed everything looks

Same with Yusuke Murata and his Version of Onepunch-Man, wich looks incredibly stunning at times

In his case the drawings are so well done that they go into each other easily:
415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif

Then there is Kentaro Miura and his work Berserk where looking at random Panels i saw in the Internet got me to start reading it just a few Days ago

(Thanks to the official GAF-Thread for those Pictures)

So, what about you? Who draws the best in your Opinion?
It doesn't have to be only about detailled Artwork like i just did, if someone impressed you in another way, go on and share it here!
I'm very curious and excited to see wich Authors and Series will be brought up here :)

Hatty

Though its pretty simple looking Akira Toriyama is a pretty great manga artist

Here is a series of posts analyzing the art in Dragonball which I find interesting

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Miura simply outdraws any of his peers.

Skullknight.net QA said:
Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

Berserk_v25c216p0212-213e_copy_31.jpg

cntr

Banned
I'm not on a good connection atm, but I'll post some Kouhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia) later.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hirohiko Araki, the creator of Jojo's Biazrre Adventure.

JoJo's is a great choice

I feel like I have to mention Hunter x Hunter for its art style. Its not above average on technical proficiency (and with Togashi's illnesses often below that) but something about the way creatures and environments and characters are designed in that series is so...distinct. Even within manga. It has this weird mix of childishness played completely straight juxtaposed against more grounded or realistic art design.

That first picture is my desktop and smartphone background.

I personally really really like Itou Hachi (Hatishiro) and Tsuruta Kenji, though of course there are many others i really enjoy, but those are my personal favourites.

andymcc

Banned
JoJo's is a great choice

I feel like I have to mention Hunter x Hunter for its art style. Its not above average on technical proficiency (and with Togashi's illnesses often below that) but something about the way creatures and environments and characters are designed in that series is so...distinct. Even within manga. It has this weird mix of childishness played completely straight juxtaposed against more grounded or realistic art design.

i know it was corrected in the collected volume-- still sad

Asano is amazing. My only complaint is his use of computer generated backgrounds. Sometimes it's a bit excessive. His facial expressions and ability to set the tone is pretty damn incredible though, so I'm willing to look past it.

I'm on my phone so no pictures but my other favorites are:
Oda
Araki
Hiramoto

Platy

Hiroaki Samura
(don't google his name. LOTS of NSFLife images)

He is the Blade of the Immortal dude.

Dude KNOWS when it is time for some beautifull pencil work

Ls1lfEQ.jpg

or some raw sketchiness pencil feeling

a3OnUev.jpg

Beautiful ink work

sC6Xbom.jpg

or raw fight scene in ink

j5FPOs3.jpg

Always with weird angles for awesome exagerated dynamic action or just plain beautiful artwork

Walpurgis

Banned
Actually, I change my mind. Nothing is better than Attack on Titan. The others just can't compete with a talented artist like that.

Nightbird

Damn, so many replies already, and those panels all look great! :D

Though its pretty simple looking Akira Toriyama is a pretty great manga artist

Here is a series of posts analyzing the art in Dragonball which I find interesting

Looks interesting, will read later!

Well goddamn OP, I got nothing to post now!

You can still post additional Pictures! :p

Cool thread. It's not really fair to compare art between manga on weekly VS monthly releases though, is it?

True that, but you can still post about weekly Series if you like those :)

Dragonball, HxH and Hero Academia have already been mentioned and they are all weekly (well in case of HxH it's a bit different, but it's still a weekly magazine lol)

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Q Hayashida - Dorohedoro

r4D7wg0.jpg

Hiroki Endo - Eden - It's an Endless World, All Rounder Meguru

Ppl7tO8.jpg

And of course...

noriaki-tite-kubo-68325.jpg

Tite Kubo - Bleach

Araki's artwork isn't that great as much as I love JJBA, it always changes and I prefer Yukito Kishiro's old style compared to what he does now so I won't post pics. Oh and obviously Miura is a god amongst us.

Mesoian

While perhaps not absolute peeks, Warai Naku has been doing some amazing things with Keyman and Sato Kentaro has been doing amazing things with Magical Girl of THEEND. Their narrative contents may, at times, be a little juvenille and extremely crass, but their artwork is nothing short of outstanding.

Nightbird

TOO LATE SIR.

BASK IN THE GREATNESS THAT IS MY POST.

Thanks!
I completely forgot about Oh Great!. Air Gear was among the first Titles i read as the Chapters were released, it's just so darn bad that the Story went to shit after a while, and batshit insane near the End. But at least the art was great

Akira hiramoto, who did "Me and the devil blues"! Sadly, the serie neven been finished, even in japan, only 4 volumes, but it was amazing! I'm sad that it had no success :

Also takehito inoue, kentaro miura, Inio Asano have already been said

I also like a lot yukito kishiro, who did Gunnm

i would add hiroshi hirata too, who did mostly historical manga with samurai etc...

EDIT :

I'm glad someone mentioned Hiroki Endo. Say what you want to about his stories, but he draws some fantastic art. Real great sci-fi and dystopian styles in Eden.

hooo, i knew i forgot something while i made my post! Eden was a wonderfull serie with great arts! hiroki endo is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom