• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the best pistols in videogames

this one's pretty good

pistol_ingame.jpg

how about these?

e78d66501dc4a1a35f4f2ff5f552c0d2.jpg

ocelot's revolvers are pretty cool too but I couldn't find a good picture of those

Tagyhag

I'm gonna go based on impact alone.

DE from Counter Strike
Revolver from Half Life 2
Broken Butterfly from RE4

They feel so good when you nail someone.

I doubt anyone else is going to mention it so I might as well - The Last Word from Destiny.

meNYZBj.jpg

It wrecked in multiplayer until they nerfed it.

Kinsei

Banned
latest

The Red 9 in RE4 is awesome. Normally pistol only runs mare a challenge but this thing has power on par with a low level shotgun and (in the Wii version) the accuracy of a sniper rifle.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Perfect Dark was very satisfying. Halo 2 dual magnum in multi, pre-patch, was borderline broken at close range.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pistols are alternately great and awful in Call of Duty games. I don't recall how they were in Modern Warfare or World at War, but they were super solid in Modern Warfare 2, then they sucked in Black Ops. I didn't play MW3 extensively, but they were great again in Black Ops 2, then they sucked in both Ghosts and Advanced Warfare (sans the M1 Irons, but that's a primary). Then they were good again in Black Ops 3 (although the machine pistol got unfairly nerfed). Hopefully they're good in Infinite Warfare. I'm a handgun man.

Also, in Max Payne 3 multiplayer

Max-Payne-3_15.jpg

The starter pistol, the PT92, is the best weapon in the game. Each carries a smooth 25 bullets per clip, they have a solid fire-rate, a reliable 2 to 3 shot kill at close range, pretty much no recoil, they're pinpoint accurate, retain effectiveness at a pretty decent range, and are super lightweight.

Fitting that the pistols are the best in a Max Payne multiplayer though.

hydruxo

Fatebringer, Last Word, Thorn, & Hawkmoon. All from Destiny. They were all amazing guns for that first year before hand cannons got nerfed.

31.jpg

Half-Life 2's magnum was remarkably satisfying

I made the immense mistake of playing a shiteload of Garry's Mod before touching Half-Life 2 and so every ounce of impact and atmosphere is lost on me as I see it now and think "wow, this is a really cool Gmod level!"

i'm too familiar with the source engine to find anything in it atmospheric or frightening or impactful.

Top Bottom