• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the best pistols in videogames

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like the pistol in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

a6xoWD8.jpg

With full upgrades, it was super compact and yet capable of killing pretty much everything if you ever decided to go lethal.

Otherwise it is always fun when you claim your enemy's starting gun and start dual wielding Enforcers in Unreal Tournament.
pTwMlwb.png
I know we're talking about game physics here and I love the Enforcer and all, but how does that even work? It's a revolver but also has a magazine?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
The .500 Magnum in Killing Floor 2.

568b2f73abf19.jpg

Beastly doesn't come close to adequately describing it. Wield two of these with a steady hand and you become unstoppable.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The undisputed multiplayer king.

halo1.jpg

Who needs an assault rifle when you can pistol snipe from halfway down the map.
This proves that an unbalanced multiplayer mode can be an insane amount of fun. Nothing feels quite like this pistol.

Halo 5 pistol deserves credit for being such a vital component of the game's excellently balanced weapon sandbox. It's a fantastic weapon in just about any situation, as with Halo CE, but still allows for other weapons to shine. It's the core weapon around with multiplayer is balanced and the game is better for it, unlike older Halo games.

This post deserved more love.

ethomaz

Banned
Destiny are not only good looking but feels so great shooting...

In order:

Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Fatebringer
Thorn

Mephala

I know we're talking about game physics here and I love the Enforcer and all, but how does that even work? It's a revolver but also has a magazine?

Oh thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise it at the time but I used a bad pic. The actual gun didn't look like that. I fixed it now.

However the gun still makes no practical sense.
d6F9tPH.gif

There were discussions on it on the epicgames forums.

Top Bottom