• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Quotes of E3 2012

It would be like Geoff asking him if The Last of Us is still PS3 exclusive and him saying, "Go talk to Naughty Dog."

No, actually, it wouldn't. The two companies have different relationships with Sony. I do, however, agree with you that the statement is a bit rude, but I think he is clearly frustrated (and rightfully so).

I get the sense that Jack Tretton and Geoff Keighley like each other. Tretton (and Reggie too) knows that Geoff sometimes enjoys playfully ribbing his interviewees, and they don't take it personally or get too annoyed.

The Agent thing is basically a running joke between them, it's not a big deal.

That's kind of awkward. What's with everyone mentioning GAF this E3?

There could be a feeling that it kind of legitimizes whatever they are saying within their demographic. I mean, we can all agree that GAF has a reputation with gamers and certain industry people, right?

If that's the case, then it might look more natural and help the people you're targeting identify with you more if you can reference something they are familiar with and may even be fond of in some way.

iNvid02

sUlnd.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I made it up. It's all part of my cunning plan.

Keighly was referencing Tretton's past statements about the game no longer being PS3 exclusive, something Tretton had made a point of mentioning repeatedly at past E3's; now he suddenly can't be asked anything about it because "he doesn't work at Rockstar?" He's being an asshole. It would be like Geoff asking him if The Last of Us is still PS3 exclusive and him saying, "Go talk to Naughty Dog."

It's nothing like that. Jack Tretton is the best.

Rich!

Trey Parker:

"How many times have you been watching an episode of South Park and thought 'I'd like to be able to watch this on my television, while hooked into my mobile device, which is being controlled by my tablet device, which is hooked into my oven all while sitting in the refrigerator'?"

Ranger X

Trey Parker and the Activision's boss wins!

Actually, maybe the Activision's boss wins for realising like 30 years later that it's new original videogames characters that works instead of movie stuff.

Derrick01

Banned
Matt and Trey had the best quotes. They trolled the hell out of MS and that poor interviewer haha.

Wait, wat? The game was already revealed by Game Informer at that time...

The Mcelroy brothers share a special kind of stupidity and failure at their jobs.

AngryMoth

R* does have a history of persevering with games that were seemingly in development hell (LA: Noire, Max Payne 3), but Agent seems a bridge too far. 5 years since deal was announced, 3 since the name and logo were shown, and still absolutely no news, Jack Tretton knows nothing about it and the generation is now coming to a close. Takes a pretty big optimist to assume this game is ever coming out. It could have been cancelled years ago and we probably wouldn't know.

R* does have a history of persevering with games that were seemingly in development hell (LA: Noire, Max Payne 3), but Agent seems a bridge too far. 5 years since deal was announced, 3 since the name and logo were shown, and still absolutely no news, Jack Tretton knows nothing about it and the generation is now coming to a close. Takes a pretty big optimist to assume this game is ever coming out. It could have been cancelled years ago and we probably wouldn't know.

RDR, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire were all in development for 5+ years, so it's not exactly something new. Horrendous work environments, development hell and insanely large budgets (RDR and GTAIV were over $100 million, LA Noire at least been close) are Rockstar's thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That "my body is ready" meme was already run into the ground so much, I groaned when he actually said it himself.

That shit brings it full circle though, now it CAN die. Thanks for finishing it off Reggie.

Pyronite

This guy needs to be sacked right now and has only just entered, everything that has gone out of his mouth being in THQ has been idiotic and even rage inducing.

Wow. Amazing how I manage to feel 100% opposite to you.

I thought everything he said, in that quote and in the full interview, was amazingly candid and straightforward. We need more of that in gaming (and life).

Top Bottom