• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Salsa

well edmund says i didnt beat shit

iqJYSCQV7D585.PNG

sooooooo, going back to the basement!

I've had it get a bit sluggish when there's lots of explosions going off at the same time.

Bobby Truffles said:
Edit: Achievements are still broken for me.

3.6hrs played - no achievements registered.

Salsa

Flunkie said:
I can't get past the 3rd floor. :(

What kind of controls are you guys using? ABXY to shoot, or analog?

you using the config i made? face buttons work much better IMO. Right analog stick doesnt register quite right even with a good deadzone. Sometimes you make a quick right and it shoots up, shit like that.

Flunkie

Banned
SalsaShark said:
you using the config i made? face buttons work much better IMO. Right analog stick doesnt register quite right even with a good deadzone. Sometimes you make a quick right and it shoots up, shit like that.
Totally agree.

SalsaShark said:
well edmund says i didnt beat shit

iqJYSCQV7D585.PNG

sooooooo, going back to the basement!
Awesome. :)

Jasoco

Banned
Is it safe to move the Soundtrack folder into my iTunes library? I mean, the game doesn't require the MP3's (I assume the actual game audio is part of the game files) and Steam.app won't freak out if I remove them, right?

Also, I haven't looked all over yet, but just curious if there's a fullscreen option?

Salsa

Jasoco said:
Is it safe to move the Soundtrack folder into my iTunes library? I mean, the game doesn't require the MP3's (I assume the actual game audio is part of the game files) and Steam.app won't freak out if I remove them, right?

Also, I haven't looked all over yet, but just curious if there's a fullscreen option?

yes and yes

Press "F" to go fullscreen. You can pause mid game and check the resolution settings.

chixdiggit

Nelo Ice said:
tempted by this but i feel as though i should wait for when its $2.50 or less like i usually do for $5 games lol.
I know your type. If they would of priced this game at $15 you would of bought it at $7.50 on a Steam daily deal. Don't be that guy. Pony up the $5 and support cheap game prices.

Salsa

kyubajin said:
Salsa, can't get Enjoy to work with the USB Saturn pad. Might need to buy Gamepad Companion :/

gah D: that's a bummer. I never used the software but i know of a friend who got it working fine. That's weird..

Salsa

arts&crafts said:
There are no steam achievements... or at least it would appear there are none as they don't show on the store page and I haven't unlocked any

there are plenty!

check stats

Salsa

arts&crafts said:
Ah wow that is good, i guess the lack of steam overlay / nothing about them on the store page confused me.

Well someone did reporter issues with the achievements and i answered with this:

ib0Ce2LcZts8Bx.PNG

So yeah.. i think they're still kinda buggy. If you check the global stats you can see that a vast majority of people are getting them though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
chixdiggit said:
I know your type. If they would of priced this game at $15 you would of bought it at $7.50 on a Steam daily deal. Don't be that guy. Pony up the $5 and support cheap game prices.

yep i used to buy indie games/xbla games at full price but now i wait for a major sale since i usually never play them enough for them to be worth buying at launch.

I love the art for this game... it somehow manages to be adorable and repulsive at the same time. (OK, some things are a little more of the latter. But still.) Also totally digging the soundtrack.

Cranzor

Got to
mom
and died. I wanted that achievement on the same day I bought it, but it's probably not happening.

Thanks to Salsa for the 360 configuration. Enjoying the game so far, I find myself laughing at all of the item names. It's a nice original game and I couldn't ask for any more, especially with how cheap it was.

Mrbob

I'm not having any performance issues. Running on nvidia card, gtx 470.

arts&crafts said:
bought! too bad there are no steam achievements :( not that it really matters, but i like doing them all

The steam page isn't showing cheevos but they are there.

Edit: Thanks for the joytokey file Salsa! Works great with the 360 controller.

SalsaShark said:
Well someone did reporter issues with the achievements

That was probably me! I wonder if this is an issue for people who played pre-patch?

Is there anyone here who played the game before the patch was released and is having no trouble getting achievements?

Salsa

tjohn86 said:
Is there a trick to getting keys? Im leaving so many doors locked...

nah, its randomly generated so the game doesnt put a set number of doors related to the number of keys you have, you can find 3 locked doors on the first room without having a single key.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
This game is incredible, except that my game crashed and when I returned my save was deleted.

I got an item called Mom's Bra

Orayn

tjohn86 said:
So if I die I start over?

Im sort of confused about whats going on.
Breathe it in. Accept it. Become one with the pain of failure, and let it make you stronger.

This frustration is what all true warriors strive for!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Flynn said:
You start over with knowledge.

Exactly. You learn the patterns of the enemies/bosses, what random items and upgrades do, etc. And it makes it easier the next go round.

Of course what you find or don't find early on has a lot to do with the difficulty here.

Artanisix

Okay, what the hell. I collected WELL over 55 pennies on one of my playthroughs but didn't unlock Cain. Do I have to actually beat the game? Do nickels count as only one? Do I have to have 55 at one time?

Artanisix said:
Okay, what the hell. I collected WELL over 55 pennies on one of my playthroughs but didn't unlock Cain. Do I have to actually beat the game? Do nickels count as only one? Do I have to have 55 at one time?
it says one playthrough so yes. did you make it to the end?

Artanisix

DMPrince said:
it says one playthrough so yes. did you make it to the end?

No, but (second playthrough spoilers)
I have what, one or two extra chapters to go through now? Do I have to beat all of those too in addition to beating the game in order to unlock Cain?

Vhalyar

Artanisix said:
Do I have to beat all of those too in addition to beating the game in order to unlock Cain?[/spoiler]
You unlock that the moment you get the prerequisite number of coins.

Smash88

Banned
Just won the Soundtrack for The Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy. I loved the music from Super Meat Boy! So winning this was awesome!

Thank you so much Danny, you rock and so does your music. Keep up the great work.

If anyone is wondering, someone is playing it, and he has the guys who worked on the soundtrack for this game and SMB.

http://www.twitch.tv/manvsgame

And Danny's website where he made all the great music, this guy should definitely be supported!

http://dbsoundworks.bandcamp.com/

Had no idea this came out today, but saw it on Steam for $5 and there was no hesitation. Edmund, know you have a life long $5 purchaser in me.

Seems really cool, played once and died on the boss on the 3rd floor, which was sort of a pyramid of flesh who grew little flesh warts about the stage, all of which shot flesh bubbles at me. It got kind of complicated.

I am having framrate troubles though. Anyone find anything about this? My computer is pretty speedy. I can run Borderlands on max pleasantly, so there's something weird going on here. It's kind of flash games, where you have to set the detail on 'mid' or 'low', and it makes it look scratchy, and it runs like crap anyway. Was this made in Flash? does that even matter?

Top Bottom