• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Flunkie said:
zomg.. so awesome

I thought I was rad getting chocolate milk (this plus using ABXY to shoot = awesome) then I got this:

I just found "Mom's Eye", that is seriously gross

Flunkie said:
Edit: holy shit!!
secret room spoilers?

That's the latex/leather suit thing I was talking about. The 9 lives cat is pretty useful - at least for people who die as often as I do.

I also found the ladder to be incredibly useful (allows crossing gaps), not just for getting stuff, but just to be able to dodge everything.

Flunkie

Banned
Yeah, but only one heart associated with either the black suit or the crucifixion hat is fucking me over right now against Gurdy.

Joe Molotov

duckroll said:
Yes but it looks kinda bad. You can pause during the game, and there's a fullscreen option. Or you can just press F.

blech, it stretches out widescreen monitors and looks all gross

epmode

Joe Molotov said:
blech, it stretches out widescreen monitors and looks all gross
Strange, that doesn't happen for me. I get a border on the left and right when running at 1280x800. Looks about as good as you can hope for.

Mrbob

This game is fun! :D

Something you can play for a half hour every couple days or so. Good time waster for under 5 bucks (no soundtrack for me sorry Salsa!)!

Salsa

aw i died in a secret room thingie

already saw cameos by
Gish
and a fucked up version of
Bomberman
. Game keeps on giving.

sixclaws

Banned
It's quite fun I kinda wish you could shoot diagonally without moving though, I keep running it bullets trying to angle shots to hit people.

Twinduct

Game is just crazy, I laughed at the
Bomberman Cameo
. Also the
Battery you can buy at the shop
is really helpful as it kinda quick charges your 'gadget'.

wutwutwut

epmode said:
Strange, that doesn't happen for me. I get a border on the left and right when running at 1280x800. Looks about as good as you can hope for.
Depends on your graphics settings.

--

Wow, this game is something else. I just discovered the
shovel
gadget -- it allows you to
skip the current level's boss
and recharges, too.

The controller thingie works great! Thanks Salsa!

So what happens if you reach the bottom? Anyone done it yet? I keep reaching the 3rd basement then die :S

Salsa

ihkijqS4FzGgm.PNG

:D that was great

and now
ive unlocked a new chapter

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The ladder is really helpful. Not sure how much I like moving a lot faster with some upgrades though. Seems floaty (like I'm on ice) and gets me hit more I feel like.

xelios

wilflare said:
how long is this game? haha you guys make it sound so short.
thinking if i should pull the trigger
-adds to cart-

Have you ever played a roguelike? That's how long it is. As long or as short as you want it to be because it's basically infinitely replayable. + Zelda NES dungeons are the setting, basically.

wilflare

xelios said:
Have you ever played a roguelike? That's how long it is. As long or as short as you want it to be because it's basically infinitely replayable. + Zelda NES dungeons are the setting, basically.

but it's less "complex" than Dungeons of Dredmor i hope :D
just want some good simple fun

Red

Played to the end of basement 2, found mom's underwear, a unicorn horn, and steven.

WHAT DO THESE THINGS DO

Orayn

$4.50? Zelda + Roguelike gameplay? I had no choice but to buy it. Will post more impressions later, but I can say that I really, really like it so far.

Def. gonna try this with dual sticks when my roommate and I finish our MAME cabinet.

xelios

X ray glasses are freakin' awesome. Too bad I got the worst (impossible) boss ever on floor 3. I thought they were always the same but seems not.

Salsa

Crunched said:
Played to the end of basement 2, found mom's underwear, a unicorn horn, and steven.

WHAT DO THESE THINGS DO

Unicorn horn is basically the equivalent of a Mario star, lasts a little while.

There's also a wiki being built wich has plenty of stuff already, in case you guys are spoiled pussies!

edit: Also how are you guys playing with my custom controller config? i think analog movement + face buttons for shooting works best.

Orayn

SalsaShark said:
Unicorn horn is basically the equivalent of a Mario star, lasts a little while.

There's also a wiki being built wich has plenty of stuff already, in case you guys are spoiled pussies!

edit: Also how are you guys playing with my custom controller config? i think analog movement + face buttons for shooting works best.
I made my own and opted for WASD on the left stick of a 360 controller, shooting on both the face buttons and right stick.

Salsa

Orayn said:
I made my own and opted for WASD on the left stick of a 360 controller, shooting on both the face buttons and right stick.

that's what i did for the OP, but also added the possibility to move with the d-pad.. although it became kinda useless since the game relies heavily into analog movement.

Orayn

SalsaShark said:
that's what i did for the OP, but also added the possibility to move with the d-pad.. although it became kinda useless since the game relies heavily into analog movement.
Wait, does it even read analog movement? I thought it was 8-way.

meh. went all evil and picked up the cat item and i should have known bitch has only 9 lives to live and i was running on 1 heart each death lol.

Eusis

DMPrince said:
meh. went all evil and picked up the cat item and i should have known bitch has only 9 lives to live and i was running on 1 heart each death lol.
Yeah, that really undermines its usefulness. Annoying thing was that based on the image I thought I'd lose TWO hearts, rather than all but one. Probably ignoring those until I'm a lot better at the game.

Salsa

Orayn said:
Wait, does it even read analog movement? I thought it was 8-way.

nah, its 8-way, but what i mean is that you get a big advantage once you use an analog stick with the right deadzone.

mannerbot

duckroll said:
In rooms where there are like 8-9 enemies all firing garbage at you, the framerate DEFINITELY drops. The problem isn't so much the framerate, but the responsiveness when it drops. It's a bit iffy regularly, but in these situations it becomes kinda lame to try evading stuff while shooting since it's just sluggish.

Yeeeeeeeeeeep framerate drops galore for me. :(

Top Bottom