• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bioshock Collection rated in Brazil (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/PC)

Nzyme32

They could improve the visuals. Ideally a port to UE4 would be nice, but I have my doubts.

That would have a significant cost to it and development time, which is not the point for these releases where the idea is basically to profit as much as possible. They would be very loud about a "remake" in new engines, but this is not going to be that. It is almost certain to be ports of the PC versions with some minimal additional features

That would have a significant cost to it and development time, which is not the point for these releases where the idea is basically to profit as much as possible. They would be very loud about a "remake" in new engines, but this is not going to be that. It is almost certain to be ports of the PC versions with some minimal additional features

Yeah, that's all I expect. People shouldn't expect complete remasters.
I would even be ok if the performance would be the same as on 360, I'd still be all over it. Bioshock is the best game ever made.

Pryce

I replayed Infinite a couple of months ago and by god, it plays and looks horrible.

60FPS and upgrades will do these games wonders.

finalflame

Gold Member
Inclusion of 360 and PS3 confirms these will pretty much just be ports on a single disc and not remasters. Wish I could look forward to it but I'm not, considering I played Bioshock and Infinite on PC, all I'm really missing is 2. Meh.

You seriously think that?
I thought infinite was gorgeous. Loved every bit of it. But on the performance end I would have to agree with him. In large combat situations, especially ones involving skyhook rails, the framerate could be very disruptive. On 360 at least that was he case.

I thought infinite was gorgeous. Loved every bit of it. But on the performance end I would have to agree with him. In large combat situations, especially ones involving skyhook rails, the framerate could be very disruptive. On 360 at least that was he case.
I played it on the PS3 last year and thought it was stunning considering the hardware. I don't remember any frame issues but that's more likely just me rather than the game being smooth ha ha.

inner-G

Banned
Ive never played any of these, Despite owning the first one (which is supposed to be the good one) on 360 and PC. I think I got Infinite from PS+ or something, too.

One day...

inb4 lazy port and 30fps like Dishonored. Nah but they need to be locked 60. Not hard to get high fps on PC so should be easy on console to get locked 60.

Faenix1

Depending on improvements I could see myself picking it up.

Tho if it's one of those collections where everything is bright as hell, I'll pass.

About time. I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out!

The last couple sections of BioShock 2 were some of the best times I had with the whole series, and I loved all three games.

Neiteio

BioShock 1: Great start, weak ending
BioShock 2: Weak start, great ending
BioShock Infinite: Great start, weird middle, great ending

All three games are well-worth playing. :)

III-V

Considering it is supposedly releasing for last gen systems, I have little hope of 60 fps and specifically remastered for this gen.

kurahador

FPS is my least favorite genre alongside sports, but man I love Bioshock games played it twice each. Will double/triple dip on it for PS4 achievements.

Olengie

Besides the last Boss Battle in Bioshock 1, I definitely enjoyed the Save Every Little Sister ending. Brought tears to my eyes everytime I got there.

JTripper

I'm curious to what the consensus on BioShock Infinite is now. It seemed that at release everyone loved it, then 2 weeks later everyone thought it was bad based on many internet theories and criticism videos.

I personally loved the game and always have. Sure I prefer BioShock 1 but Infinite is still amazing.

kurahador

I'm curious to what the consensus on BioShock Infinite is now. It seemed that at release everyone loved it, then 2 weeks later everyone thought it was bad based on many internet theories and criticism videos.

I personally loved the game and always have. Sure I prefer BioShock 1 but Infinite it still amazing.

BI complaints seems to stems from expectation. Like the setting showcase a steampunk civil war, yet the story went in more towards scifi.

Personally though that's what make the game great to me, blowing expectation.
Similar to how visual novel 999 did, which for some reason are more beloved by neogaf unlike BI.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

I haven't played two, but:

BSI: Interesting first hour or so, weird as fuck 1/4 in, really weird as fuck 3/4 of the game, meh ending. :p

I personally loved the game and always have. Sure I prefer BioShock 1 but Infinite is still amazing.

Bioshock Infinite looked nice... but coming off from the gameplay of Bioshock 2, it was such a let down. It didn't really push or encourage you to use your powers, and there was just far too much gunplay. That, and the enemies just weren't as memorable, and Columbia just not as well fleshed out as Rapture. Song bird? Those tin men folk? They were there, but so little character about them.

Elizabeth was great though, and the ending and story was top stuff. But getting through the story - I may as well have been playing an older Call of Duty.

More on topic of the collection - I hope to the lord they've made Bioshock 1 & 2's physics engine run at the same frame rate as the graphics engine. Even playing it back on the PC now, the physics engine is still locked to something dumb and it looks so jarring.

(The rag dolling on dead bodies was something I greatly missed from Inifinite. It made the world feel more real)

Top Bottom