• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bioshock Collection rated in Brazil (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/PC)

He probably means the final battle.

I must be the only one to not give a shit about the final battle. It was pretty much nothing compared to the rest of the game's greatness IMO. One of those things that doesn't hurt it overall. It's nothing great but hardly something so bad that it killed any of my praise.

JTripper

What? I thought most people liked BioShock's 1st ending?

I always thought the ending of BioShock was the weakest thing about the game. The ending cutscenes themselves are ok, not great, but the real flaw is the boss battle. It should just not have had one but in hindsight it's forgivable because the rest of the game is pretty much a masterpiece (except for the final sequences leading up to the boss fight where you have to defend the little sister in the hallways just because I hate having to defend shit in games, but that's just me).

In my honest opinion I think that game would have been better fitted to have an ending that dealt more with Rapture itself than resolution with Jack. Dealing with Fontaine was a fine plot point but the boss battle was disappointing.

angelic

Banned
Bio 1's ending used to be a 20 second abrupt cut scene and then not even any credits, just back to the title screen. I think they patched it in to roll credits after, but definitely not when I 1st beat it. Really jarring, it offered credits from the title screen but yet not after the game end. It was so fast it felt like a NES ending. Congratulations You Win!

SparkTR

BioShock 1: Great start, weak ending
BioShock 2: Weak start, great ending
BioShock Infinite: Great start, weird middle, great ending

All three games are well-worth playing. :)

Can't agree with Bioshock 2. I thought the ending was barely there, and I felt the DLC was the main thing redeeming that game. The gameplay was definitely better than Bioshock 1 and it felt more polished though.

Sky Saw

Banned
Can't agree with Bioshock 2. I thought the ending was barely there, and I felt the DLC was the main thing redeeming that game. The gameplay was definitely better than Bioshock 1 and it felt more polished though.

Agreed, the story in 2 was lame all together tbh.

DOWN

Banned
Bio 1's ending used to be a 20 second abrupt cut scene and then not even any credits, just back to the title screen. I think they patched it in to roll credits after, but definitely not when I 1st beat it. Really jarring, it offered credits from the title screen but yet not after the game end. It was so fast it felt like a NES ending. Congratulations You Win!
Lol it was amazing. It was like fade to MENU BYE

The PS3 version has a post credits ad for Bioshock 2 lol

Got excited when I saw something coming up and was like "oh.....ok"

Aon

They could improve the visuals. Ideally a port to UE4 would be nice, but I have my doubts.

They could native the widescreen support a bit better, they redo the prop physics in the first game to stop them updating 30 times a second when the rest of the screen is doing 60. There are certainly some little technical issues like those that could be cleaned up even if they just rerelease the Unreal 2.5 version on PC. Stuff you'd hope they'd work out for a PS4/XB1 release.

Lucreto

Might get it if there is no Multiplayer in BioShock 2. There is no way I can do that again for the Platinum. The locations of the Big Daddy suits are forever burnt into my brain.

Day-1... Now I just need Mass Effect and Batman Collections with all DLC and my life will be complete.

If I got a Mass Effect and Batman remaster I would be a happy man. An Assassin's Creed Collection and a Puppeteer Remaster would make me extremely happy man.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm surprised it's taken this long, I actually thought a version of Infinite would be PS4/XB1 launch titles. I have only played Bioshock 2 once, so I'm looking forward to that the most. At first the whole notion of that games existance bothered me, but it turned out so surprisingly well.

ubiblu

Despite a PS3 platinum and several play throughs on 1080p 60fps PC, I will play the shit out of Infinite again. Easy top 5 of all-time for me. 1 and 2 are cool also.

system11

Will buy, I'm ready for another visit to Rapture. It's the one game world I'd like to live in (before it fell apart that is).

foxbeldin

Maybe it's finally time to play more than the first two hours.
I don't know why i quit on this game about 4 times in the past.

alexbull_uk

If they're all 1080p60 on Xbone I'd most likely get this as I need a reason to replay the series, and the achievements are a nice bonus.

Did not find a thread and did not want to create a new one (usually beaten), but one of the retailers in my country just put the Bioshock HD Collection up for pre order:

http://www.pulsar.bg/pre-order/bioshock-hd-collection-

It includes the 3 games + all DLC.

giphy.gif

This would be the greatest thing if true. I needs it.

Genio88

I'd be happy to play Bioshock 1 again though not if it's just a straight port, i hope they'll remaster graphics a bit

psychotron

Yeah

60fps and reworked textures and I'll be real happy.

Hell I'm happy that it seemingly exists.

Yeah, I would absolutely love to bite on a collection like this, but it needs to have some work done. I want to see 1080/60 at the minimum. Improved textures would be nice, but I don't really see them putting in that kind of work on all 3 games and the DLC areas.

DOWN

Banned
Nice

I really think T2 wanted to save this up as an E3 announcement and still does. When they announce this people will be like "duh we allready knew this"
Who the f thinks saving a remaster bundle for E3 is worth it? After leaks like this, they need to drop a trailer asap

H3xum

Has anything been leaked about what these actually are? Is it just a bundle of the OG's or has there been some remastering done or what

Top Bottom