• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad how Cecil has gotten more media play and public sympathy within the past year than the combined plight of issues in different African countries have gotten this year. Dude's right to be miffed. That Facebook post is weird as hell too. What would Cecil matter to an him any more than the multiple Shamus matter to a Texan?

Rembrandt

Banned
there's no way on earth i'll ever get involved in a cultural appropriation thread on here again. shit is insanely annoying.

there's no way on earth i'll ever get involved in a cultural appropriation thread on here again. shit is insanely annoying.

I just bookmarked some of the great articles posted and left. Infinite was right. People are just obtuse and have no concept of what it might be like to live in the shoes of someone who's culture or features are co-opted as accessories.

Rembrandt

Banned
They refuse to even understand the issue. People wonder why we haven't moved forward from race it's because of shit like this.

I just bookmarked some of the great articles posted and left. Infinite was right. People are just obtuse and have no concept of what it might be like to live in the shoes of someone who's culture or features are co-opted as accessories.

it always ends up like this, sadly. even after having it explained to them, it's still "you're wrong, i'm right." until people just give up.

I've always said, if you really want to see how much white people, and hell, other people of color, value black (or Native American) voices, check out an appropriation discussion.

amazing how many love talking out their ass about subjects they know little about.

Enlightened European guy was particularly annoying. "I don't live in your country but you guys seem to make a big deal about race. We here in Europe are a single monoculture linked arm in arm with no issues at all. Get with the times."

Slayven

Enlightened European guy was particularly annoying. "I don't live in your country but you guys seem to make a big deal about race. We here in Europe are a single monoculture linked arm in arm with no issues at all. Get with the times."
sadly common
From the way some people on here talk you'd think the UK was a racism free utopia.

Hear people talk all of Europe is like that.

From the way some people on here talk you'd think the UK was a racism free utopia.
black-pete-santa-2012-e1354653586302.jpeg

It was?

Infinite

I've always said, if you really want to see how much white people, and hell, other people of color, value black (or Native American) voices, check out an appropriation discussion.
A dude in that thread literally said he doesn't "buy" the reasons from black women on why they feel social pressures to wear a perm.

why the push back? because it doesn't fit your world view?

And it's such an simplistic and unrealistic world view too that outright dismisses the idea that different people have to tackle different issues. It's like they're offended by the idea that stereotypes and prejudices can cause real world problems for people.

why the push back? because it doesn't fit your world view?

they have no fucking idea

When the shit is so deep that their own people make fun of the way their hair naturally grows because they've been conditioned to emulate another ethnicity's features for acceptance, then they can talk.

deli2000

It's utterly baffling that someone living in the UK in 2015 would say there's no racism here. You don't even have to be a minority to figure that out, it's so blatant.

Mickey Guyton is coming on up. She's a black country singer. I like her. Y'all.
I fucks with her.

The main character in Mafia III is black y'all

let's see how folks defend their 'I can't relate' posts in a Mafia game

MafiaIII_Harrassment.jpg
Oh snap. Now that trailer despite not showing any gameplay was far more effective in conveying story and didn't feel like they threw some random scenes together. Lighting was on point as well. The FFXV trailer was about as useful to me as a used tampon.

Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone remember that study/article about how white people have trouble reading black facial expressions?
The gist was that they consistently read them as aggressive,even when at rest, or slightly happy.

Been looking all over for it and can't find it.

jmood88

Meanwhile, a nigga can't play soccer without racial epithets flying. The Europeans on here who act like they have no idea what racism is annoy the fuck outta me.

Rembrandt

Banned
it's funny to see how fast some people on GAF will condemn reddit, but spew this diet racism/ignorance in tons of topics. I guess they don't like the super obvious racism.

Does anyone remember that study/article about how white people have trouble reading black facial expressions?
The gist was that they consistently read them as aggressive,even when at rest, or slightly happy.

Been looking all over for it and can't find it.

Was it this?: http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/resting-bitch-face-rbf-black-people/ Edit: Maybe not since it was just posted yesterday.

Meanwhile, a nigga can't play soccer without racial epithets flying. The Europeans on here who act like they have no idea what racism is annoy the fuck outta me.

Hell we even had that thread about UK sports fans keeping a black guy off a train. It's willful ignorance coupled with a high and mighty attitude.

I know were supposed to "engage" in threads like that and not just vent here from the sidelines, but I have zero patience for that right now. I know a few are going to hop in and fight the good fight, but I know I would catch a ban if I said what I really wanted to.

jmood88

But seriously though, that Mafia 3 reveal surprised the fuck out of me. I really hope that the writing is done well. I haven't been his excited about playing as a character since Adewale in Black Flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom