• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
take care

YouTubers END willingly? This isn't TV. I thought only death could stop them outside of being forced for some reason or another

Who is it?

Not YouTube but I cried when 1up shut down so I feel ya
While I dislike Philip DeFranco, he started up a company called SourceFed, funny news thing, hosted by a lot of people, cast has changed over the years, but it was always funny. They basically got cancelled. Lot of people lost the only job they've had. It sucks because seeing these people grow has been interesting. One segment they did called Table Talk they had almost everyone who has been a host come back one last time, funny enough they didn't know they were getting cancelled.

Makes me sad.

Numb

While I dislike Philip DeFranco, he started up a company called SourceFed, funny news thing, hosted by a lot of people, cast has changed over the years, but it was always funny. They basically got cancelled. Lot of people lost the only job they've had. It sucks because seeing these people grow has been interesting. One segment they did called Table Talk they had almost everyone who has been a host come back one last time, funny enough they didn't know they were getting cancelled.

Makes me sad.

Bosses/companies got a thing for not telling workers things are ending.
One of the worst things

----

Ready to go to gym and go to kitchen to prepare food when

6DK71.jpg
No
Snow even harder. I'll wait

Shy

What is all this anime shit?
The Cycle™
Totally...

I mean Mass Effect psychopathic stupidly over the top evil Shep that is still loved and praised like she was a hero ended up being some fun absurdist comedy with some hilarious dialogue reactions (You killed an entire alien race... well I wouldn't do that but you know what you're doing, you convinced my Dad to commit suicide, well he was a bad man, god I love you Shep) but yeah imagine if the game adapted according to how I played, like imagine if my actions to Jacob like had some payoff, imagine if putting the anti-alien incompetent moron on the council mattered... Like imagine if the series actually allowed you to essentially after three games become the villain with all that entails...
It would of been cool.

It's a shame, games like to give you choices. But it's nothing more than an illusion.

Johndoey

Banned
How Trump and Ryan are working with GOP moderates on health care

Florida Republican Rep. Brian Mast left Washington last week undecided about the GOP health care bill to repeal and replace much of Obamacare.

Fortunately, he had a ride home to the Sunshine State: Air Force One.

Mast got to discuss his concerns about how the bill would impact the large senior population in his district directly with President Donald Trump and White House chief of staff Reince Priebus on the flight down to West Palm Beach.

While conservatives from the House Freedom Caucus are the ones on cable TV loudly and repeatedly slamming the bill, Trump and Ryan are looking elsewhere.
Already, instead of the kind of wholesale rewrites that the hard-right wants, Ryan, White House officials and Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price have concentrated on trading more targeted changes proposed by members for their support, according to multiple House GOP leadership sources.

Late Monday, Ryan unveiled his final changes to the measure. They would make additional changes to Medicaid that were pushed by conservative members, such as giving states the option of requiring able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work. Another change would allow states to opt to receive federal Medicaid funding as a block grant.

U.S. imposes electronics ban on flights from major Middle Eastern and African airports

Are you impacted by the electronics ban? WhatsApp or iMessage us at +1-347-322-0415
D2Qnsn8.jpg

Fox Has Taken Andrew Napolitano Off the Air Over His Claim the British Wiretapped Trump

Fox News Channel has pulled legal analyst Andrew Napolitano from the air after disavowing his on-air claim that British intelligence officials had helped former President Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump.

Izuna

Banned
Sold my surface book for 15% more than I bought it for

BRUHHHHH

Time to get something exclusively for school on the cheap

Gattsu25

Banned
I never ever in my academic career had one group assignment I didn't just do 90%+ of. Can't trust people with shit that important on the line.

That's why 3 bothered me so much. There was no weight behind anything. No matter what you did you got the same four main missions then the end boss fight. That's it. No other options. Shit went out like a wet fart.

A big budget AAA game should feel impactful. Hell games that claim to literally be about nothing but interactive storytelling still aren't. If telltale can't do shit I don't trust anybody else to pull anything off.

Devs are so afraid of allowing a player to feel like they "failed" they don't put it into the game unless you basically do it on purpose.
Undertale is probably the closest to what you're looking for. If you fuck up once people will mention it for the rest of the game. Delete your save and start over and characters will call you out for trying to forget the crimes of your past by erasing your history. Go through the evil playthrough and people will criticize you for becoming a sociopath just because the option was available. It also goes out of its way in the evil playthrough to make you feel like a piece of shit.

Sch1sm

Undertale is probably the closest to what you're looking for. If you fuck up once people will mention it for the rest of the game. Delete your save and start over and characters will call you out for trying to forget the crimes of your past by erasing your history. Go through the evil playthrough and people will criticize you for becoming a sociopath just because the option was available. It also goes out of its way in the evil playthrough to make you feel like a piece of shit.

+1. Pacifist run. Genocide run. 3 neutral runs of varying degrees between those extremes. E l i t e variation from Toby Fox.

I think I actually might have even only started flirting with him after the loyalty mission renegade ending...

Like I guess my Shepard preys on traumatized squad mates

My Shep also committed genocide and was extremely anti-Alien but wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else lol...

Shephard: Fuck Aliens!
Ashley: I agree they have no place on our ship. Fuck aliens!
Shepard: Silence I will not tolerate that attitude from my crew

Then I blew up Ashley. mostly because I was having sex with Kaidan.

I was kinda pissed that being that evil never really had any blowback...

I wanted people to hate me. I literally put in the moron anti-alien guy as head of the council because I thought surely being this evil would matter but nope. Everyone just nodded their heads and said well I guess you know best. Like I wanted there to be severe consequences for being literally a super villain but everyone just loved me anyway. Kinda scary actually. My origin story I think was the one where she was on a mission and basically everyone died like thousands but she got the job done. My Shepard was a total monster...which reminds me I really should play 3. Never got around to it.

If you want consequences play an Obsidian game. Alpha Protocol. KOTOR II. Planescape Torment. Pillars of Eternity. These games are built on delivering real consequences. In KOTOR II you can turn the purest character into a monster or the most monstrous character into the purest good. You can do things and cause things that make you sick, and make people hate and fear you.

dbvVwJ4.gif

That's one of the things i hate about Games. Absolutely no consequences to any of your actions.

It's one of the reasons why the industry is still in it's infancy,
Same for you. Play an Obsidian game. Anything written by Chris Avellone.

Seriously, Obsidian is the antithesis to Bioware and Telltale. Their games are what you are looking for.

PLAY BETTER GAMES. MASS EFFECT SUCKS AND IS A BAD WESTERN RPG. Western RPGs should do exactly what you said. The original Fallout games, 1 and 2, plus New Vegas, are all very good about this as well. They're also slow and frustrating because of the amount of decisions you can make.

Hey BCT

More Life is dope as Fuck.

So I took the day off work to rest/reset from a really stressful period. Took the opportunity to make my way through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and God damn. This LMD plot is getting thick! I love how this show seamlessly blends multiple arcs. Im praying this gets renewed because it's easily the best Superhero show out there.

Some Key Things.

I love the Mack and YoYo pairing.
I love that John Hannah is still up to his Batiatus shit.
I see Coulson and LMD May getting close and then he becomes heartbroken when shes exposed. Whoch potentially ruins his relationship with May.
Mack's fucking Shotgun-Axe.
Ghost Rider!

DC TV and the Netflix series can learn a lot about pacing, tone and story structure from AoS. Especially since they have a lower episode count.

LotusHD

Banned
Hey BCT

More Life is dope as Fuck.

So I took the day off work to rest/reset from a really stressful period. Took the opportunity to make my way through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and God damn. This LMD plot is getting thick! I love how this show seamlessly blends multiple arcs. Im praying this gets renewed because it's easily the best Superhero show out there.

Some Key Things.

I love the Mack and YoYo pairing.
I love that John Hannah is still up to his Batiatus shit.
I see Coulson and LMD May getting close and then he becomes heartbroken when shes exposed. Whoch potentially ruins his relationship with May.
Mack's fucking Shotgun-Axe.
Ghost Rider!

DC TV and the Netflix series can learn a lot about pacing, tone and story structure from AoS. Especially since they have a lower episode count.

Have you gotten to the last episode yet before the break yet?

Have you gotten to the last episode yet before the break yet?

Last episode I saw was

Coulson finding out the new director was a bootleg Captain America instead of an Inhuman and telling him he can be the face but Coulson really runs shit.

Im marathoning so Im not sure when the breaks were. I am on Episode 10 of the 4th season if that helps.

LotusHD

Banned
Last episode I saw was

Coulson finding out the new director was a bootleg Captain America instead of an Inhuman and telling him he can be the face but Coulson really runs shit.

Im marathoning so Im not sure when the breaks were. I am on Episode 10 of the 4th season if that helps.

Ah, you aren't there yet then. Man, you in for a treat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom