• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Wait, they cast that scrawny dude? Is that canon?
*sigh*

Good morning horses, crabs, horse crabs, TV aliens, Kanye stans, old folks, people with crushes on blasian women, people with crushes on asian women, people with cool avis, people with no avis, people too damn bougie for their own good..... and... Sch1sm
I am not too bougie. I'm like, half bougie. Half ashy.

I just got to the guy who was almost Iron Fist in episode 8. Man, that guy's charisma leaps off the screen. And they made him
the Drunken Master, too!?

He got off lucky not having to play this petulant child Danny.

I just got to the guy who was almost Iron Fist in episode 8. Man, that guy's charisma leaps off the screen. And they made him
the Drunken Master, too!?

He got off lucky not having to play this petulant child Danny.

Danny is...Annoying. Luke Cage won't be his friend. He also has no place near Misty. No steamed milk for her

BREHS, new overwatch update 2.07! It might Orisa and new Lucio buffs!! I'm so excited!! Downloading the update now.

Edit: Read the patch notes. Good news, Orisa is finally playable. Bad news, no awesome Lucio buffs for console players. Better luck next patch. Will give opinion on Orisa when download is installed and I play a few games with her.

zeemumu

BREHS, new overwatch update 2.07! It might Orisa and new Lucio buffs!! I'm so excited!! Downloading the update now.

Edit: Read the patch notes. Good news, Orisa is finally playable. Bad news, no awesome Lucio buffs for console players. Better luck next patch. Will give opinion on Orisa when download is installed and I play a few games with her.

Going in. I want to see how she does

*scans patch notes for Bastion debuffs*

Ah, there they are. And some upgrades to Sombra. Neat.

Zekes!

Hoping to go back to Overwatch sometime next week. I don't have access to my PS4 right now. I haven't played it since the end of January, which is only a month and a bit, but all these nerfs and new characters are gonna take some getting used to

Okay I can't handle this. It is driving me crazy that the actor they got to play Harold Meachum in Iron Fist is literally perfect to play a comics-accurate Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, and they used him on this!

RRGHG DRRR RRRGHHH!

AND NOW I CAN'T FIND A GIF OF A PERSON FLIPPING OUT TO PUT IN THIS POST, AND I AM GETTING PROGRESSIVELY ANGRIER!

ARHGHRH!

Nudull

Banned

Time to pick up Overwatch again.

zeemumu

Gamestop willing to take my Xbox for $175 towards a Switch but not a single GameStop near me has any in stock.
FUCK.

Wouldn't it hard lock game sales for that console to a specific amount if they only ship a certain amount at a time? Yeah it looks nice on paper to say that you sold all available units, but everything for that console will be limited to those people.

Damn son..I'd have taken that Xbox off your hands for a switch plus some cash.

Anyone want to play SFV for a good 30mins

Wouldn't it hard lock game sales for that console to a specific amount if they only ship a certain amount at a time? Yeah it looks nice on paper to say that you sold all available units, but everything for that console will be limited to those people.
What I meant was that they are willing to take it but they won't because they don't have any available.
I would live to sell it here though if anyone wants it. It's still in perfect condition I just never really play it much thanks to my PS4. I would throw in Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, and GTAIV because those are the only games I own for it lol.

LionPride

Banned
Okay I can't handle this. It is driving me crazy that the actor they got to play Harold Meachum in Iron Fist is literally perfect to play a comics-accurate Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, and they used him on this!

RRGHG DRRR RRRGHHH!

AND NOW I CAN'T FIND A GIF OF A PERSON FLIPPING OUT TO PUT IN THIS POST, AND I AM GETTING PROGRESSIVELY ANGRIER!

ARHGHRH!
I'm not saying that Walton Goggins can do it but...

D i Z

RRGHG DRRR RRRGHHH!

ARHGHRH!

Dude is like the budget Timothy Hutton.

ME:A is loaded with jank, but it hasn't hit DA:I levels yet.

Shy

Even though i've been awake for about an hour. I'm so tired, i have a headache and my eyes are are burning.
Afternoon BCT
Mornin' BCT goodness.
Good morning horses, crabs, TV aliens, Kanye stans, old folks and Sch1sm
Evening.
Same for you. Play an Obsidian game. Anything written by Chris Avellone.

Seriously, Obsidian is the antithesis to Bioware and Telltale. Their games are what you are looking for.

PLAY BETTER GAMES. MASS EFFECT SUCKS AND IS A BAD WESTERN RPG. Western RPGs should do exactly what you said. The original Fallout games, 1 and 2, plus New Vegas, are all very good about this as well. They're also slow and frustrating because of the amount of decisions you can make.
You're assuming i've never played New Vagas, fam.
I have, and eh. It has a whole bunch of other problems for me.
It wouldn't have changed a single thing.

You're assuming i've never played New Vagas, fam. I have, and eh. It has a whole bunch of other problems for me.

Like? I'm talking about writing and choice and consequence.

What about the other games? Or are you someone who heard Obsidian games are buggy and unfinished and decided they were bad?

EDIT: Never mind. I can't talk about this right now. I'm not in an emotionally-good place and I might just end up yelling at you and acting hostile over this. Forget it.

Why do so many GAFers want Iron Fist to be played by an Asian-American? I don't know if the character works the same way like that and if you're going to go the Asian character route then just make a Shang-Chi show.

Malyse

Why do so many GAFers want Iron Fist to be played by an Asian-American? I don't know if the character works the same way like that and if you're going to go the Asian character route then just make a Shang-Chi show.

Because the story they want to tell is grossly overshadowed by the white savior narrative. He's peter parker: nothing is gained by him being white.

LionPride

Banned
What representation of Asians is in the MCU really? That's why. Danny Rand can be Asian American and have the exact same character

Because the story they want to tell is grossly overshadowed by the white savior narrative. He's peter parker: nothing is gained by him being white.

What representation of Asians is in the MCU really? That's why. Danny Rand can be Asian American and have the exact same character

I think all of that should have been incorporated in the story, how he's not Asian and how some hate that because he's supposed to be some savior and that he's a bit of a fuckup but I'm not watching it anyway so whatev.

@Lion

They should have just done Shang-Chi as I have said.

I thought for sure they had Shang Chi in the pipeline and we're gonna use Iron Fist to back door him.

No idea why they didn't. He makes way too much sense. Then you could get an actual asian actor who might actually know some martial arts or get better, more passable stunt doubles and make the fight scenes not shit.

I thought for sure they had Shang Chi in the pipeline and we're gonna use Iron Fist to back door him.

No idea why they didn't. He makes way too much sense. Then you could get an actual asian actor who might actually know some martial arts or get better, more passable stunt doubles and make the fight scenes not shit.

Shang-Chi done right would not only have been a better tale but it could bring in that sweet sweet Chinese cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom