• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly

You can enjoy it, but folks that put it on a pedastal as some kind of valid social commentary can get all the side eye

The Manbearpig episode and The Day After Tomorrow parody were funny but the theme and the overall message of these episodes are completely wrong.

D i Z

Anyone watching The Mist? I'm hearing not so positive impressions, but anything with Kings name is going to be picked apart, and I enjoyed the movie for what it was.

Beefy

Anyone watching The Mist? I'm hearing not so positive impressions, but anything with Kings name is going to be picked apart, and I enjoyed the movie for what it was.

Yep. It's slow as fuck, with only a few people you give a shit about.

You can enjoy it, but folks that put it on a pedastal as some kind of valid social commentary can get all the side eye
oh no i don't do that. i just watch it for the laughs, very rarely does it disappoint imo. last few seasons were great imo, some of their best stuff since they started focusing on current events.
So, you never watched Rick and Morty or Bojack Horseman?

well you don't really watch bojack live since its a netflix (i do really like the show tho, patiently waiting for the next season). Rick and Morty is also one of few i watch live as well.

LotusHD

Banned
Saw Homecoming. Holy fuck was that movie good. Best MCU movie yet for me by far. Best villain yet, dude knew how to be chilling as fuck when necessary. Loved the secondary cast so much too, especially Zendaya's character, my god, she stole virtually every scene she was in, can't wait to see her again.

And yes, best Spiderman movie easily, I'm currently struggling to find anything major that I disliked about it. Maybe the fact that there wasn't more Michelle lol

Saw Homecoming. Holy fuck was that movie good. Best MCU movie yet for me by far. Best villain yet, dude knew how to be chilling as fuck when necessary. Loved the secondary cast so much too, especially Zendaya's character, my god, she stole virtually every scene she was in, can't wait to see her again.

And yes, best Spiderman movie easily, I'm currently struggling to find anything major that I disliked about it. Maybe the fact that there wasn't more Michelle lol

I dunno how they made her look afro-Caribbean when she's half Scottish and look wildly different in Google image search of her normally. She's clearly the Drax of the film

akira28

surprise surprise pizzaboy is a bore alt.

all these pop ups. I swear.

pancakes and maple syrup though...the goat breakfast. #1 reason why we will never go to war with Canada.

LionPride

Banned
I got long ass legs man, can hardly walk afters
The definition in my thighs and calves have gone down since I started working

Like they were the pride of my body

And the flat stomach I used to have that I'm getting back

I already hurt my leg walking around too much, so I was limping since I played ball then did my workout

LotusHD

Banned
I dunno how they made her look afro-Caribbean when she's half Scottish and look wildly different in Google image search of her normally. She's clearly the Drax of the film

Yea, pretty much, she was great.

On another note, this movie reminded myself not to overhype myself for some damn post-credit scenes lol. They was fine, the 2nd one especially was hilarious, but yea, wasn't what I was expecting.

Beefy

The definition in my thighs and calves have gone down since I started working

Like they were the pride of my body

And the flat stomach I used to have that I'm getting back

I already hurt my leg walking around too much, so I was limping since I played ball then did my workout

I'm no way as big as I was a few years ago. I was gym mad back then, now just toned and muscle. Miss it sometimes, but aint got the drive to eat healthy and be 100% on it atm

LionPride

Banned
Yea, pretty much, she was great.

On another note, this movie reminded myself not to overhype myself for some damn post-credit scenes lol. They was fine, the 2nd one especially was hilarious, but yea, wasn't what I was expecting.
I was just really hype for the actor in the first one

Like his ass??? Yeah I want more of that

I'm no way as big as I was a few years ago. I was gym made back then, now just toned and muscle. Miss it sometimes, but aint got the drive to eat healthy and be 100% on it atm
I eat like trash but I got the metabolism to make up for it

I just want to gain 15 pounds of muscle by the end of freshman year

Faustek

Thanks Shy.

Some dudes just think it is. They think if you put in effort a gal should reward you with a fuck at least. It's weird man

Actually yes. A fuck you is exactly what they deserve.
Can we blame romcoms? Underdog pining and winning? In reality underdog would be ran over by a truck and it would be ten minutes long.

I LOVE leg day

All I really work on is back, pecs, thighs, hips, glutes, calves, and biceps

Like I don't lift or squat because my upper body strength is weak and I've never had a real spotter

Don't do to heavy and go for a safe medium route and build it up slower? I don't have a spotter these days either so I'm using one of those safety machines instead of bars and free lifting.

LionPride

Banned
Thanks Shy.

Actually yes. A fuck you is exactly what they deserve.
Can we blame romcoms? Underdog pining and winning? In reality underdog would be ran over by a truck and it would be ten minutes long.

Don't do to heavy and go for a safe medium route and build it up slower? I don't have a spotter these days either so I'm using one of those safety machines instead of bars and free lifting.
All my shit is on machines since I'm typically alone at the gym. I'm thinking of just workin on my chest and biceps the most outside of my legs

Except leg press, but I gotta get back to doin 430lbs. or so there

Beefy

I eat like trash but I got the metabolism to make up for it

I just want to gain 15 pounds of muscle by the end of freshman year

I was nearly 18 stone two yrs ago (Muscle). Lost nearly a stone in muscle, but got far leaner and fitter as I do a lot of cardio now. Back then I just went for the look, but I couldn't run for shit

LotusHD

Banned
I was just really hype for the actor in the first one

Like his ass??? Yeah I want more of that

That's fine, I like him too, dude's an amazing actor, it just wasn't what I was expecting. Well actually I dunno what I was expecting, but yea. My needless hype aside, I'm excited for what comes out of that development.

LionPride

Banned
Gotta find workout Bros in college man. Well worth it.
If this program works out, I got about three or four

Go for it. Leg press is underrated. Just love sitting there. No worries about messing up and hurting yourself.
My back is already cooked so yeah leg press helps ease some pressure

I was nearly 18 stone two yrs ago (Muscle). Lost nearly a stone in muscle, but got far leaner and fitter as I do a lot of cardio now. Back then I just went for the look, but I couldn't run for shit
I've been doing cardio since two years ago, do it more than anything else

I have zero stamina but I'm fast so it's weird lol

Beefy

Get your buckets out. It's gonna be a long hot ass summer.

Decided to start The Mist. Will report back any findings of note.

Get ready to be annoyed by the acting and how they treat brothers

So many groups dancing the same tune, yet identity politics is bad

Got no shit like that here man. These dudes are fucked in the head, 200 chapters of them as well....

Beefy

I'm having the same problem with Blood Drive regarding the only black character currently in the series.

In Mist
one black dude is a mad dictator sort of guy ( he a mall manager where loads of people are sheltered) who pushes people that do wrong (by him)
Into the mist. The only other black dude is a random guy that you see catch a football once....

Day after tomorrow said go south

pr_1950_vs_2090_us_figure1.png

I mean, NASA is no Roland Emmerich, but.

In Mist
one black dude is a mad dictator sort of guy, who pushes people that do wrong (by him)
Into the mist. The only other black dude is a random guy that you see catch a football once....

The token black dude in Blood Drive has been tortured in the past three episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom