• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pewdie? Don't get him. Apparently he has a large following of young women as well...do they like that? Or are they just young and stupid?

EDIT: ahh...I checked the FP. That Colin dude. Kinda happy I don't follow anything in gaming. Just play the games and check news.

Sounds about right.

D i Z

People are really out here showing just how much Hillary's equality for women position really fucked with them and influenced they votes. They never would say it out loud at the time, but adjust the lens and let them speak on something smaller, but specifically related and they go absolutely apeshit on how they are so against it.

Say away. Just be sure to spoiler it. I think a few still haven't seen it.

Thanks to LionPride. So this shit was good as fuck right? Charles' state was really sad.
Really reminded me of those old people who get Alzheimer's or one of those other diseases and Logan treating him like his father he has to take care of.
The villain was interesting when he first showed up. Has a good personality, but we see less of him as it goes on so he doesn't leave a strong lasting impression.
Having Latinos try to jack him in the opening scene made my roll my eyes though.
X-23 is great.
My favorite part was when she was in the store and then flipped the cashier over and when she was about to kill him, Wolverine came in and told her no like she was a dog and then asked if they sold phone chargers. He didn't even pay for that charger and cigar. She was perfect little murder girl too. The action was so damn tight in this. Blood and gore each and every way. It was great!
I already knew shit was going to go down when
they stopped at the black farmers' house. Wolvy should've known what would have happened. The same thing happened in X-Men Origins too. I loved that scene with them all at the table and then at the water pump. It felt very genuine.
This movie has a solid sense of cinematography. I was watching another way, but I could still tell how well this was supposed to look and the editing was perfect.

When they showed the Logan clone kill Charles I was confused at the time. I thought it was a dream sequence at first, but it ended up being what it was. I am sort of mad about it probably because I didn't think X didn't deserve to die like that. The movie went on longer than I expected, but I still enjoyed it. I thought it was mad funny they gave the black kid electrical powers.

What a great sendoff for Hugh Jackman. That shit is top of the line. I look forward to watching this again when I can get it on Blu-ray and can watch it alone. My mom came home halfway when I was watching and couldn't enjoy it as much then.

LionPride

Banned
I still don't like the movie

Like, it's a good or decent movie, I can acknowledge that

It falls apart in the third act, much like The Wolverine, but it's still good to decent

I just don't like it

Beefy

I still don't like the movie

Like, it's a good or decent movie, I can acknowledge that

It falls apart in the third act, much like The Wolverine, but it's still good to decent

I just don't like it

WW? If so yeh people way over hyped on it. It's average, but that is good for DC.

I liked Logan, but it wasn't as great as it was made out to be. Being better than the other X-Men movies is a low bar. I don't even think it was better than Deadpool.

LionPride

Banned
I liked Logan, but it wasn't as great as it was made out to be. Being better than the other X-Men movies is a low bar. I don't even think it was better than Deadpool.
It's not

It's the second best X-Men movie

The rest of them aren't even that good as movies, all like fall between 5-6 outta 10 besides FC and The Wolverine

What the fuck is wrong with y'all? What do people mean by the third act falling apart? I've been hearing that shit since a few years ago and I don't know what cats be talking about.

LionPride

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with y'all? What do people mean by the third act falling apart? I've been hearing that shit since a few years ago and I don't know what cats be talking about.
The movie works for the most part, then when the climax happens shit just doesn't work anymore

Like WW, works as a movie, then the big battle happens and it's shitty

Wolverine, decent lil thing, then a shitty villain fight and an unwarrented Laura/Logan piece of dialogue made it meh

that Pink Ranger in Aladdin looks off
sometimes she looks like someone took a light MS Paint Airbrush to someone to make them darker

other pictures look like she is on some Lil Kim type cream

or a lot of these pictures are mislabeled

The movie works for the most part, then when the climax happens shit just doesn't work anymore

Wolverine, decent lil thing, then a shitty villain fight and an unwarrented Laura/Logan piece of dialogue made it meh

What specifically makes it not work. How was the fight shitty? That shit was choreographed well. The sound effects had enough oomph to it, everything was clearly visible. There were no shaky cam to obscure this like in others, blows felt like blows due to proper space, collision and sound effects like I mentioned. What's also unwarranted? I still don't know the fuck y'all mean.

sometimes she looks like someone took a light MS Paint Airbrush to someone to make them darker

giphy.gif

D i Z

That's saturating her with lighting from all angles to make her appear lighter. Also she probably did what she could to stay at that tone herself as well. It works for light skinned tones.

giphy.gif

LionPride

Banned
What specifically makes it not work. How was the fight shitty? That shit was choreographed well. The sound effects had enough oomph to it, everything was clearly visible. There were no shaky cam to obscure this like in others, blows felt like blows due to proper space, collision and sound effects like I mentioned. What's also unwarranted? I still don't know the fuck y'all mean.
I ain't seen one X-Men movie with good fight coreo. Not a one. It has looked not good for years. Shitty wire work from Laura in the breakout scene, Wolverine v the clone looked blech.

Laura and Logan did not have a relationship that felt earned by the movie. Charles and Laura did sure, but not Logan. Her calling him daddy was not something that fit. I get the theme, but it did not come across well for me.

D i Z

I ain't seen one X-Men movie with good fight coreo. Not a one. It has looked not good for years. Shitty wire work from Laura in the breakout scene, Wolverine v the clone looked blech.

Laura and Logan did not have a relationship that felt earned by the movie. Charles and Laura did sure, but not Logan. Her calling him daddy was not something that fit. I get the theme, but it did not come across well for me.

Gonna have to disagree with this one, personally. But I hear this point of contention a lot. If it doesn't work for some, then there is a certain amount of acceptance that they botched it that should be recognized. To what degree, I guess time will tell.

LotusHD

Banned
The daddy line didn't resonate with me either. As soon as she said it, it just took me out of it; they just weren't there yet for me. Or I dunno, even if I felt were, I felt like the word itself should've been omitted.

That's saturating her with lighting from all angles to make her appear lighter. Also she probably did what she could to stay at that tone herself as well. It works for light skinned tones.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5zUCZQYnRC6I0/giphy.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

so..odds they are going to flood her scenes with light then?

Slayven

People have finished highschool and become doctors since KH 3 was announced.. Goddamn

Y'all going to have to get your grandkids to play the FF 7 remake for you as you watch from your life support in the nursing home

D i Z

so..odds they are going to flood her scenes with light then?

For this project, I don't see it. They want her skintone. This one is a minefield. It's going to be wild until they show something that people who won't admit that they only care about the cartoon movie see something that they like. Then that's anyone left not on board will be drifting. Disney's not going to represent anyone culture with this. That ain't what they do.

People have finished highschool and become doctors since KH 3 was announced.. Goddamn

Y'all going to have to get your grandkids to play the FF 7 remake for you as you watch from your life support in the nursing home

Grandkids? Hell no.

I'll be cyrogenically frozen for 1000 years if I have to in order to play the remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom